Search found 217 matches

by MrSteamTank
18 Jul 2006, 13:47
Forum: Heroes V-VI
Topic: who wants to see the fairy dragon return?
Replies: 60
Views: 13743

Honestly I didn't mind faerie dragons. The problem is as is there are too many dragons as is. Having a faerie dragon unit would be ok as long as their are a dozen or so other non-dragon neutral units. As I mentioned earlier bone/spectral dragons were a mistake. I also think green/emerald dragons are...
by MrSteamTank
15 Jul 2006, 14:15
Topic: News about 1.2 patch
Replies: 16
Views: 4791

Team capability will be enabled in this patch or not? My god I can't believe the little info we're getting here.
by MrSteamTank
15 Jul 2006, 14:10

Pit lords are one kill minimum. If you do more damage than one kill, no difference. A h3 gorgon or h4 medusa-like ability would probably be better. Well my proposal just add one extra kill,it doesnt kill the whole stack.For example,if you do 200 damage to a devil(hp 199)you will kill two.But if you...
by MrSteamTank
15 Jul 2006, 14:07
Topic: We all played HOMM V for some time and it's time to choose..
Replies: 199
Views: 51787

omegaweix wrote:
PhoenixReborn wrote: Academy has some crappy units even bolstered by artifacts.
Am i the only one around here who is not offended by the look and feel of the gargoyles? :|
I like the gargoyles right now. Pretty unique and the fact that a flying tombstone is delivering death is pretty ironic. :-D
by MrSteamTank
15 Jul 2006, 07:52
Topic: About patch 1.2
Replies: 69
Views: 16287

Ubisoft is really seeming like its following EA's footsteps when it comes to game development. I hope they prove me wrong soon but by the looks of it. :S
by MrSteamTank
15 Jul 2006, 07:50
Topic: Using more than one hero
Replies: 24
Views: 5433

I usually only get 2 heroes simply because I'm too impatient to have 3-4 resource heroes. Please tell me nival WHY are there no caravans when the number one goal was to speed up gameplay. It seems like you took like 10 little step forwards with a bunch of cool elements and 2 GIGANTIC steps back(no c...
by MrSteamTank
15 Jul 2006, 07:46

Why not just copy the mighty gorgon death gaze ability in homm3(10% chance to kill a unit per gorgon) but strengthen it to balance out the fact that wraiths are worth about twice as much comparitively speaking. Removing harm touch and replacing it with an automatic 15% chance per wraith to insta-kil...
by MrSteamTank
14 Jul 2006, 18:42

i prefer some sort of grim reaper as most powerfull unit for necro You mean a guy with a scyte,in a robe,sort of howering above the ground? :devious: He probably means the current wight/wraith. Now that would of been an excellent choice as the ultimate necro unit. Get rid of the bone dragon and put...
by MrSteamTank
14 Jul 2006, 17:42
Topic: Arch Devils aren't summoning
Replies: 10
Views: 4713

Well, when you DO lose your rushing Nightmares/Cerberi up front, it's a perfect opportunity to summon some PitLords there! :) Don't count out the frontal charge so easily! :) Still, if Archies could summon Pits on ANY dead Stack, they would be Godly. I'd like to see devils/arch-devils be able to te...
by MrSteamTank
14 Jul 2006, 17:40
Topic: Dwarven town for expansion
Replies: 148
Views: 39819

I would normally expect dwarves to be in a snowy type mountain environment but seeing that they worship the dragon of fire I'm not really sure anymore. They may possibly go with nobody's description, however, you never really know. They may easily be an underground race working in a huge forge-style...
by MrSteamTank
14 Jul 2006, 17:36
Topic: Coatl, an alternative name to Naga for snake people.
Replies: 50
Views: 11681

I hope they use an aquatic jungle theme for the nagas. I loved the fortress faction from homm3 and would definitely like to see something ressembling that in homm5.

As for the cultural style I'd prefer to see an aztec pyramid-type style but I wouldn't really be too picky as long as it worked.
by MrSteamTank
13 Jul 2006, 22:23
Topic: List the Underpowered tier 7 Units!!!
Replies: 85
Views: 22459

Not really. Spectral dragons arent very good yet wraiths/wights arent anything to hold your breath about. They are a solid tier 6 but hardly stronger than the others given their higher price tag. Angels are one of the better tier 7 out there yet cavaliers/paladins are the best tier 6 out there by a ...
by MrSteamTank
13 Jul 2006, 20:36

Prediction : 1.2 will come out at the end of july. 1.3 with map editor will come out in november. 1.4 balance patch will come out when the expansion comes out next fall. If you don't want to suggest that patch 1.4 is actually being released BEFORE patch 1.3 you mean the addon will come Fall 2007. N...
by MrSteamTank
13 Jul 2006, 20:14

Campaigner Considering you can build heroes from a different faction hero strength doesnt really come into play. You can be sylvan use your ranger hero to explore/defend your town while getting an offensive based hero from another faction to be your main combat hero. So the balance factor of differe...
by MrSteamTank
13 Jul 2006, 18:16
Topic: Game Crash help
Replies: 3
Views: 2199

Re: Game Crash help

Hi all, I am new to the forums but I am a veteran Heroes player. I have been keeping up with the forums and the Heroes community here at CH for a while now, but I decided to jump in since I need some help. I just bought Heroes V and can't wait to play it, but I also just bought a new laptop, which ...
by MrSteamTank
13 Jul 2006, 17:06

I'd like to see bone dragons get the skeletal ability from homm3(50% ranged dmg reduction) and spectral dragons get the incoorporeal ability(hopefully changed to a 50% physical dmg reduction instead of 50% miss chance). Then to balance it drop their hp by about 25% or so so that the the undead drago...
by MrSteamTank
13 Jul 2006, 17:01

Prediction :

1.2 will come out at the end of july.

1.3 with map editor will come out in november.

1.4 balance patch will come out when the expansion comes out next fall.
by MrSteamTank
13 Jul 2006, 15:11

Exactly. When your nightmares, cerberi, or familiars that you send into the thick of battle die they make an excellent option for raising pitlords. Not to mention the ordinarily slow pitlords are summoned in the enemy's face and the fact 2 pitlords match the strength of an arch-devil.
by MrSteamTank
12 Jul 2006, 22:20
Topic: The little things you miss from previous HOMM games
Replies: 104
Views: 26329

Ranged units would smoke you in a single hit if you didnt have the combat skill. You could skimp a bit on combat but you needed at least basic or advanced to be able to take a hit. Combat wasnt just a bonus to let you wade into combat. It was a necessity against any player with an army of a half dec...
by MrSteamTank
12 Jul 2006, 21:14

A dead friendly stack is required to summon pitlords with your arch-devils. 2 pitlords per arch-devil in your army. It can potentially be a pretty strong ability but you usually have to keep your arch-devils back to use this to maximum effect.

Go to advanced search