Search found 217 matches

by MrSteamTank
Jul 26 2006, 4:31
Forum: Heroes V-VI
Topic: So many Unupgraded Units are so Worthless
Replies: 28
Views: 4376

Elder druids gain mana and other stats but lose out on init or speed (can't remember which) and also lose HP. I know their are a few exceptions but they are very far and between. Anyways elder druids lose 1 hp and 1 speed but gain 2 defense, 5 attack, 2-5 dmg, more shots, and more mana. Not really ...
by MrSteamTank
Jul 26 2006, 4:21
Topic: Undocumented 1.2 changes
Replies: 47
Views: 11287

I think Necromancy may have been broken in the first place. When I had Expert Necromancy, I would always revive 100% of the people who died on the field. I'm not too unhappy about that, though, since it doesn't seem to unbalance the game too much. Necromancy revives a % of the hitpoints worth of un...
by MrSteamTank
Jul 26 2006, 4:19
Topic: so... who would u rather have to take over the HOMM series
Views: 7120

I like anime as much as the next fanboy, but please god do not let Heroes turn into anime. What do you mean? Wouldn't it be awesome if EA bought the rights for heroes 6, gave it to lionhead developers to make, and decided to go with a naruto/inuyasha/dragonball type theme? I mean everything ea gets...
by MrSteamTank
Jul 26 2006, 4:16
Topic: So many Unupgraded Units are so Worthless
Replies: 28
Views: 4376

So many Unupgraded Units are so Worthless

when compared to the upgraded versions. I thought nival wanted to make non-upgraded units have some use. Why else would archers have rain of arrows or peasants have taxpayer if not to want players to use the unupgraded versions on occasion? It seems every unit upgrade in heroes 5 is simply an improv...
by MrSteamTank
Jul 26 2006, 1:37
Topic: so... who would u rather have to take over the HOMM series
Views: 7120

Ea and lionhead studios. Black & white 1, 2, and fable were so well polished at release I'd love to see a repeat of that in homm format.
by MrSteamTank
Jul 26 2006, 1:35
Topic: Klaus too powerfull?
Replies: 54
Views: 9644

Really?Is that why the top in MP is mostly terrans? ?Were? considered the weakest? It's been a while. I played starcraft for 4 years + and basically the game was dominated by zerg until the expansion where it became pretty close to equal. Small tweaks were made from there to improve game balance as...
by MrSteamTank
Jul 25 2006, 13:01
Topic: retribution?
Replies: 10
Views: 2721

I would of loved to see a unit with fast retal(retals before the enemy unit strikes). Imagine a pikeman unit for haven with that move? It would fit the haven mentality perfectly. 8) Remove the stunning move off of conscripts, then give them pikes so they can get the fast retal move and double dmg vs...
by MrSteamTank
Jul 25 2006, 12:57

Sure, he's a decent @$$-kicker, but he's not what you'd call overpowered. All heroes have their thing, and some are better than others - let's have a look at some of his competitors, shall we? No, a hero being better than the other choices is what you called overpowered. If hero X is better than th...
by MrSteamTank
Jul 24 2006, 15:16

Master hunters are as good as most 4th tier creatures, and yet people don't have a problem with that. Sylvan armies are almost always centered around their 3rd and 4th tier units (at least from my impressions on message boards). You have to ask yourself the question: did Paladins make Haven more po...
by MrSteamTank
Jul 23 2006, 5:38

If they are not gonna nerf herd Claus, a petition would be the right thing too do, since monkeys works at Ubival. I s it really that hard for them to 8| their eyes and see what a mess this game is, including this clausthrophobic insane ability? So true. If they cut the strength of this ability in h...
by MrSteamTank
Jul 21 2006, 19:29
Topic: Summoned elementals don't stack anymore- 1.2 "feature&q
Replies: 32
Views: 5894

I was sarcastic like that because I wanted to show nival's really bad attempt at balance changes. Sure the master gremlins ability was 'good', however, compared to some of the other imbalances it meant nothing. Cloning 100 arch-mages with a hero that has 2 spell power that gets to shoot immediately ...
by MrSteamTank
Jul 21 2006, 12:18
Topic: Summoned elementals don't stack anymore- 1.2 "feature&q
Replies: 32
Views: 5894

Good thing they fixed the master gremlins. They were hideously overpowered.

I mean compared to raise dead, phantom forces, klaus' special, and cavaliers/paladins it was obvious that master gremlins need a severe hit with the nerf stick.
by MrSteamTank
Jul 21 2006, 12:15
Topic: List the Underpowered tier 7 Units!!!
Replies: 85
Views: 14804

They don't even have to be stronger than regular units. Just give them abilities that complement your army well. If balance is an issue just put in a copy of the dragonslayer ability from homm2. A special anti-tier 7 spell that lets the other tiers beat them.
by MrSteamTank
Jul 20 2006, 23:16

I'm sorry if it's a bit of an offtopic but.. I just lik to say that I think you all are clinging too much to old homm games. you just want the old chritaristics of the creatures (likr arcdevils teleport or bonedragon 50% reesistence vs. ranged attacks) instead of accepting the new stuff nival did. ...
by MrSteamTank
Jul 19 2006, 21:05
Forum: Articles
Topic: New Column: Might and Milla
Replies: 141
Views: 23032

Might and Milla

The reason that women almost exclusively play female characters and men usually don't really care is quite easy to explain. Women love to be portrayed to be beautiful and generally enjoy the attention.

It's just one of those things of nature.
by MrSteamTank
Jul 19 2006, 2:24
Topic: who wants to see the fairy dragon return?
Replies: 60
Views: 9304

No, i mean huge floating guy in rags would suck at lvl 7, tehnicolor or not. Huge floating chicks in robes would suck at lvl 7, choose your poison. :D edit : The only reason I liked the idea of wights/wraiths as tier 7 is they come off as agents of death(like the grim reaper). Fits necromancers per...
by MrSteamTank
Jul 18 2006, 18:58
Topic: Content of the game
Replies: 161
Views: 72556

Orfinn wrote:As said it should cost 1 point for summon tier 1 creature, 2 for tier 2, 3 for tier 3 and so on. I think that would work out very well.

Agreed.
by MrSteamTank
Jul 18 2006, 18:58
Forum: Heroes I-IV
Topic: Unicorn evolution
Replies: 91
Views: 36902

MasterDecoy007 wrote:I voted for the HV Silver Unicorns, those tattoos and piercings it is rockin are rad!

I liked the regular unicorns more as they were covered with roses. Didn't look as tough but for the description of a unicorn fits more. The silver unicorn looks like something related to lightning.
by MrSteamTank
Jul 18 2006, 18:49

I'd like to see all tier 7s get some pretty hefty boosts but then add some sort of giant slayer type ability/spell that gives a large dmg boost when you attack a tier 7 unit. This way tier 7s would be dangerous yet counterable.
by MrSteamTank
Jul 18 2006, 18:46
Topic: who wants to see the fairy dragon return?
Replies: 60
Views: 9304

Wights would suk as lvl 7's. IMHO of course. In its current incarnation no.But as deaths avatar with gorgon like special ability it would be good enough.Even better then the most level 7s we have now. Definitely. If you gave the current wight/wraith cursing attack, no retalation, death gaze, and a ...

Go to advanced search