Search found 217 matches

by MrSteamTank
03 Sep 2006, 15:44
Forum: Heroes V-VI
Topic: List the Underpowered tier 7 Units!!!
Replies: 85
Views: 22414

I personally think their are a few wrong with the tier 7s. 1. The unupgraded forms have NO abilities and the upgraded forms generally have too few and are not strong enough. My changes would be Haven 1. Angels can forfeit their turn to give a unit +5 to morale. This can also be given to themselves a...
by MrSteamTank
02 Sep 2006, 16:50
Topic: What a letdown!
Replies: 8
Views: 3773

Yes. That mission 4 made Findan a new man. Speaking about this, has anybody found that in patch 1.2, Necro Campaign mission 4, the enemy Academy hero boss (Cyrus) got totally "nerfed" to almost 0 stats in all 4 categoris? A few other wizard heroes in mission 3 or so got nerfed to 0 as wel...
by MrSteamTank
02 Sep 2006, 16:47
Forum: Heroes I-IV
Topic: Balance Between Factions In HoMM 2-4?
Replies: 83
Views: 29287

Heroes II was close. Then they added the Well. That building screwed everything up. When Warlocks are eventually building 3 Black Dragons per week, a Knight's 4 Crusaders don't have a prayer. That's why Knights always have to capture something else to survive in an extra large map. If the growth ra...
by MrSteamTank
02 Sep 2006, 16:37
Topic: Inferno Evolution
Replies: 40
Views: 18603

the homm3 and homm5 both look very good. I picked homm5 though due to the prettier graphics. :D

Homm4 looks horrible. I don't see the connectin with inferno at all.
by MrSteamTank
02 Sep 2006, 05:05
Topic: Genie Evolution
Replies: 55
Views: 33584

I guess I'm the only one who likes the H5 djinn sultans. Although the in-game one doesn't look very nice, I think the high-def model of the djinn looks incredible. I like the mystical markings all over it's body, I like how it is covered in jewels, and I like it's arabic style clothing and sword. T...
by MrSteamTank
02 Sep 2006, 04:29
Topic: We want nagas,but how?
Replies: 48
Views: 12723

To be honest all you really need is 2-3 different variations of nagas. A buffer naga blademaster-type unit that has 'blade dance' moves that give him big bonus' as long as he doesn't move. Moving will break the bonus. Tier 4 or 5 sounds about right for that. A naga spellcaster with the ability to do...
by MrSteamTank
29 Aug 2006, 03:44
Forum: News
Topic: Heroes V Expansion Announced
Replies: 110
Views: 28059

Heroes V Expansion Announced

Wow the mods in this forum are a lot more controlling than in most forums I frequent. Ah well if it makes them feel better then go for it. Anyways honestly ubisoft is acting like electronic arts as far as game support goes. When a game is released incomplete missing VITAL features you promised then ...
by MrSteamTank
28 Aug 2006, 05:29
Topic: Heroes V Expansion Announced
Replies: 110
Views: 28059

Heroes V Expansion Announced

I definitely will be getting a hacked version of the expansion. And every expansion released for homm5 thereafter. When they release all the features promised and start showing some half decent support will I even bother purchasing the expansion for such a rushed game. That last comment from the niv...
by MrSteamTank
23 Aug 2006, 16:08
Topic: Nival Answers, Episode IV: A New Hope
Replies: 90
Views: 41857

Are the guys from nival mentally retarded? Seriously? You know nival you still have to sell an expansion? If this is the kind of crap support I can expect from nival forget it. If you released your game relatively finished and polished then I can understand poor support but unfortunately that is not...
by MrSteamTank
17 Aug 2006, 03:38
Topic: Haven strategy and hints
Replies: 16
Views: 8136

Haven Strategy - 1. Use Klaus 2. The following skills are mandatory - Expert Logistics, Tactics, Expert Trainer 3. The following skills are recommended - Expert Luck, Magic Resistance, Expert Defense, Protection 4. Convert every unit you have into a Paladin. 5. Split your cavalier stack into 2-3 arm...
by MrSteamTank
17 Aug 2006, 03:13
Topic: Are war machines of any significant use?
Replies: 37
Views: 11748

Your ballista will be repaired if you have ballistics,so Im not sure about this.But maybe they should get an HP bonus along with damage bonus with your heros strenght. The point is why get all the skills that improve ballistas when a single fireball or creature attack will kill it. Same also applie...
by MrSteamTank
16 Aug 2006, 03:40
Topic: Why do Zombies have Enraged?
Replies: 13
Views: 3995

You can't give zombie stacks for other stacks losing HP. Otherwise you could keep raising dead and getting more damage to your units and raising zombies. Say you can raise 1000k HP, then you will get 100HP zombies every time you raised the dead and they damaged them. Not balanced. Yeah makes sense ...
by MrSteamTank
15 Aug 2006, 12:28
Topic: New 'towns' and 'hero types' and asking a little help
Replies: 59
Views: 16437

Here would be my good race. Based on a mix of muslim/egyptian mythology. A different look on this type of culture in a game. Tier 1 - Giant Beetle/Scarab. Stats like a conscript except a little tougher that can at the expense of its attack use the flight ability(double movement with flight) with the...
by MrSteamTank
15 Aug 2006, 12:08
Topic: Are war machines of any significant use?
Views: 11748

I find ballistas fairly useful the only problem being their pitiful hp that would allow players to kill them in 1-2 casts thus nullifying their use against anything other than the AI. Ballistas(and all the other war machines for that matter) should have purchaseable hp upgrades at a significant cost...
by MrSteamTank
15 Aug 2006, 05:54
Topic: Why do Zombies have Enraged?
Replies: 13
Views: 3995

Why do Zombies have Enraged?

It just doesn't make any sense logically speaking. Same thing would apply to the mechanical gargoyles. If the purpose is to discourage players from killing the slow tank stacks last why not spice up the abilities a little bit. Instead nival decided to take the lazy approach. If it were up to myself ...
by MrSteamTank
15 Aug 2006, 05:32
Topic: Favorite Skill Combinations ...
Views: 11013

Logistics is the only must for me.The rest depend on the race.Luck or/and leadership is also what I usually take.War machines are good for sylvan.Summon magic is alway nice to have,but it can be replaced by destruction or light.Dark is also nice,but Ill usually couple it with another school.Sorcery...
by MrSteamTank
31 Jul 2006, 06:49
Topic: Simultaneous Turns?
Replies: 30
Views: 10408

Ubisoft claimed they wanted to have a strong internet community by having fast multiplayer. This feature would speed up gameplay 10 times more than every other meaningless one they added. I am just as shocked it wasn't introduced as yourself. The lack of this feature has doomed this game to be singl...
by MrSteamTank
29 Jul 2006, 16:43
Topic: raise dead
Replies: 50
Views: 15591

I personally think raise dead for undead simply needs a nerf. Although raise dead is uber in the hands of vlad its outrageous with every necromancer army. The only reason vlad is imbalanced is because it makes a spell thats already too strong WAY too strong. I'd probably change it to require a fully...
by MrSteamTank
27 Jul 2006, 13:56
Topic: So many Unupgraded Units are so Worthless
Replies: 28
Views: 6526

Scattershot is also good for killing phantom forces *and* attacking the original at the same time. If the PF are hit, you did extra damage. If not, you didn't waste the whole attack. Since PF only take 1 point of damage to destroy, the reduced damage to them doesn't matter. Not to mention you can h...
by MrSteamTank
26 Jul 2006, 15:32
Topic: so... who would u rather have to take over the HOMM series
Replies: 47
Views: 11105

Lol I was being sarcastic. Ea is awful with rushing there games and lionhead releases crap again and again. Black and white was not playable at release(yes...i bought it), b&w 2 is supposedly worse, and fable was a piece of crap hypefest. If there is one company I'd like to see take over is eith...

Go to advanced search