Search found 217 matches

by MrSteamTank
Jun 15 2006, 3:54
Forum: Heroes V-VI
Topic: What Units would you like to see in a Snow Town Expansion?
Replies: 124
Views: 17522

The tiger idea sounds nice but I wouldn't make it simply a tiger. More like a sabre toothed tiger although I must definitely say that the stalking ability sounds awesome. :D They can stay powerful and allow them to stalk in every battlefield just balance them via a higher than normal price tag and a...
by MrSteamTank
Jun 15 2006, 3:48
Topic: Name the Units you Find Overpowered!!!
Replies: 57
Views: 10731

There are plenty of workarounds for that. Tactics, natural obstacles, etc... Once again, you can try to find any exception you want, the fact remains it is far from "always" that you can hit Ranged units on turn 1. No most of the time it's pure luck and hoping you don't place your units directly in...
by MrSteamTank
Jun 14 2006, 20:31

I'd like to see some of the old creatures reappearing - I don't like the way the Heroes 5 towns tend to be focussed round one race. Having said that, we do, of course, need a commanding race - the Dwarves with this one obviously. Here are a few ideas of mine (of course, just a brainstorm). Tier 1 -...
by MrSteamTank
Jun 14 2006, 16:17

Re: What Units would you like to see in a Snow Town Expansio

Tier 7 - Oliphant/War Oliphant This isn't LotR -_- The names don't even matter the general idea of the unit does. I was thinking of something with the size of an oliphant from lotr with the upgraded version having a large canopy on the top. Obviously with the mammoth shaggy fur to make it 'snow' th...
by MrSteamTank
Jun 14 2006, 14:34
Topic: Do you miss stronghold?
Replies: 194
Views: 22749

I think Stronghold has always had great character in terms of art for all the Heroes games. They look exactly like they should! The orcs and goblins in H2 were particularly good I felt. The first, snotty and almost like they could form a rabble, the latter - fat and lazy, standing there with their ...
by MrSteamTank
Jun 14 2006, 14:17

The eight-legged horse's name is Sleipnir. : ) I just cannot see why are oliphants in a snow-based town... They would be freezing. Maybe mammoths. : ) But I'd prefer giants instead of them. Or giants riding mammoths... Hmm... ;| : ) On the other hand I even could imagine the expected naga-based rac...
by MrSteamTank
Jun 14 2006, 4:51

Ah I guess It's not just me. :D Well in time we'll tell but I was just wanted to see which units other people found too powerful so I could mass them and beat the campaigns. hehe.
by MrSteamTank
Jun 14 2006, 4:48

What Units would you like to see in a Snow Town Expansion?

Considering they are already working on an expansion and it seems one of them may be a naga swamp based race what is missing is a snow town. This is my vision as to how it should be(anti-magic based town). Feel free to add your ideas as to what units you'd like to see. :D Tier 1 - Gnome Mason/Gnome ...
by MrSteamTank
Jun 14 2006, 4:03
Topic: Do you miss stronghold?
Replies: 194
Views: 22749

Unless stronghold gets a big revamp I hope they don't come back. Goblins, goblin riders, orcs, ogres, and behemoths are all hideous units that had terrible art in the all the homm versions I've played. Maybe if they put in some sort of orc/troll shaman/witch doctor(warcraft style) and something simi...
by MrSteamTank
Jun 14 2006, 3:48

Well having more versatility in a unit isn't an issue to me. However, sometimes you end up in scenarios were you simply HAVE to get X unit because it's so good. In that context yes the unit is overpowered either within the town itself or against other opposing towns that cannot counter unit X. So le...
by MrSteamTank
Jun 14 2006, 3:40
Topic: Strategic AI + memory leaks: worrying stuff
Replies: 84
Views: 23201

I have a low end system, but I surpasss minimum req. enought to deserve a decent performance with everything on low. The Demo works fine on "LOW" for me....but reading this stuff, it seems that even placing everything on "VERY LOW" the retail tends to be choppy. This just plain suck. This is not a ...
by MrSteamTank
Jun 14 2006, 3:23

Name the Units you Find Overpowered!!!

I haven't played this game enough to mention with any degree of confidence as to which units are currently overpowered but I'd like to see the opinions of other people who have more experience with Heroes V. So I'll start the ball rolling by mentioning the 2 units that seem overpowered for me. Grim ...
by MrSteamTank
Jun 13 2006, 17:05
Topic: Battles are just too fast
Replies: 27
Views: 4051

If you put a small melee stack in front of another more fragile stack you still get smoked as aoe spells will blow you away. And aoe spells are very easily available in most situations. To be honest the only real change I'd like to see is increase the battle size ONLY in hero vs hero battles by 3-4 ...
by MrSteamTank
Jun 12 2006, 22:51
Topic: lags during big battles in towns
Replies: 19
Views: 3206

This game has terrible terrible optimization. Absolutely terrible. Not your system's fault as it's definitely the game's problem. I had a 128 mb video card and I couldn't play on the lowest settings at 640 by 480. Now I upgraded to a 512 mb radeon 1600X pro(I can play oblivion on max settings and I ...
by MrSteamTank
Jun 12 2006, 20:44

Thats fine I'm just personally against 1 round ko moves on stacks. At the very least then allow heroes to cast their spells first so they can say cast slow on that stack of grim raiders so you can actually stop a stack from getting to your troops. In other words heroes should have automatic first in...
by MrSteamTank
Jun 12 2006, 20:12

I've played homm5 and the reason I'm posting this is because I lose entire stacks to spells because their 2-3 top fast moving units + hero get to move before I have a chance to. I faced an army with some dragons and grim raiders and before I even got a chance to even cast a spell or do anything I lo...
by MrSteamTank
Jun 12 2006, 18:12

Battles are just too fast

Is it just me or did they simply overdo the battle arena in heroes V. Units do damage at a tremendous rate and since many units can cross the screen in one round you end up in situations where you can lose half your units before you can even move. Even when the armies are somewhat close in power. No...

Go to advanced search