Search found 217 matches

by MrSteamTank
17 Sep 2006, 22:41
Forum: Heroes V-VI
Topic: My copy of homm5 is now a fake since patch 1.3
Replies: 13
Views: 4915

Maybe he has some other virtual rom,but securom treats them all as securom.Or maybe it just missinterpreted another(physical)cd/dvd rom. I had alcohol 120% installed on my computer. I haven't used it for many many months. I erased it and the game ran finally. Still though it was very irritating sin...
by MrSteamTank
17 Sep 2006, 15:12
Topic: My copy of homm5 is now a fake since patch 1.3
Replies: 13
Views: 4915

My copy of homm5 is now a fake since patch 1.3

This game just gets worse and worse the more I play it. Now I can't play the game that I actually bought legitimately?

ARGGGGGG!!!!!!!!!!! Securom says I have daemon tool image mounted. I honestly don't see where it gets this. Any suggestions on what to do?
by MrSteamTank
10 Sep 2006, 03:55
Topic: Some newbie questions about gameplay...
Replies: 4
Views: 1880

1. To learn high level spells you need to have basic, advanced, and expert magic of the appropriate type(dark for puppet master and light for ressurection). Basic = Level 3 spell, Advanced = Level 4 spell, Expert = Level 5 Spell. Level 1-2 spells everybody can learn. 2. Not at the moment until the n...
by MrSteamTank
10 Sep 2006, 02:02
Topic: Best tier 7 creature?
Replies: 51
Views: 14074

It's just a shame that they are rather boring to use and not balanced compared to the other units in the army. Actually I like that. Unlike the other HoMM parts here you don't totally rely on your top tier unit. And another good thing is the fact that you don't have to upgrate (most of) your units ...
by MrSteamTank
09 Sep 2006, 17:40
Topic: Why the dungeon can not be a "might" faction...
Replies: 46
Views: 8373

I'd have to disagree a bit with dungeon having such a hard time with dungeon against neutrals. Though it is very true that you have to be extremely careful with your troops. However, between Blood Furies, Deep Hydras and at least 1 destructo-spell, there's almost nothing that you can't kill. And I ...
by MrSteamTank
07 Sep 2006, 09:47
Topic: Conjure Pheonix is simply ridiculous
Replies: 63
Views: 13867

Other spells are so very much more powerful than SP. SP should remain as is, as should PF. Nerfing those 2 means there are no more summon spells that a summoner can use to win battles. Will the summoner then use Fist (single stack weak spell), Fire Trap(too random to be useful), Wasp Swarm(too weak...
by MrSteamTank
07 Sep 2006, 09:37
Forum: News
Topic: Heroes V add-on Q & A
Replies: 33
Views: 10624

Heroes V Add-On Q & A

@Ethric Well according to nival's logic it would probably make sense to simply provide no more support other than bug fixing. I mean then you won't have all the bonus 'features' and then you'll have to get the expansion! Such as simultaneous turns and a playable multiplayer... As for the dwarves in ...
by MrSteamTank
06 Sep 2006, 13:09
Topic: Destructive magic a bit underpowered?
Replies: 32
Views: 7098

I think all other factions except Dungeon should not use Destructive Magic. Dungeon is the only faction that can achieve reasonable damage with empowered spells or with warlock's luck with destructive magic. However, I still think that destructive magic is still weak. In fact the weakest spell scho...
by MrSteamTank
06 Sep 2006, 12:53

As for Wasp Swarm, even expert version deals 30-40% less damage then untrained Ice Bolt. And delay effect is just for one turn, comapred to, for example, slow spell. Same for Fist of Wraith, also -20% weaker at expert then untrained destruction spells. Fire Trap is pointless (and mana expensive), d...
by MrSteamTank
06 Sep 2006, 12:47
Topic: Garrisons and military posts-could they be better?
Replies: 37
Views: 7405

Imo,there should be three garrison types: Weak - these would be just walls Entrenched - walls with a moat Reinforced - these would have walls,moat and a tower And millitary outposts just show nivals laziness:Instead of making four different dwellings,they decided to make just one universal.Now if t...
by MrSteamTank
06 Sep 2006, 04:10
Topic: Something which needs patching with the expansion
Replies: 20
Views: 5092

Honestly I would of prefered to see cavaliers/paladins have their dmg downgraded to 15-25 from 20-30 rather than a jousting nerf to make them a little more specialized tier 6. As for Klaus he needs a hardcore nerf. Making him provide a 2% bonus with .5% per tile bonus every level thereafter would pr...
by MrSteamTank
04 Sep 2006, 18:06

yea, i was asking wbout the game version. i havent played much with that spell, but with my level 25 Jhora on a hotseat map i aactually found it to be a bit underpowered. before my first cast, i was ready for a totally awesome unstoppable super creature that everybody was talking about, but it actu...
by MrSteamTank
04 Sep 2006, 18:00
Topic: Positive and Patient
Replies: 91
Views: 20824

No,nival doesnt deserve us to go easy on them.In fact they deserve even harsher behaviour such as boycoting the game and demanding money back.Especially after the patch 1.2. So I guess we won't be seeing you around then (umm, VERY much tongue in cheek DL). Kalah Wrote: I too remain optimistic that ...
by MrSteamTank
04 Sep 2006, 17:55
Topic: Best tier 7 creature?
Replies: 51
Views: 14074

Honestly it's a pretty close tie between titans, emerald dragons, black dragons, and arch-angels. The tier 7 besides the spectral dragons and arch-devils are pretty balanced in relation to each other. It's just a shame that they are rather boring to use and not balanced compared to the other units i...
by MrSteamTank
04 Sep 2006, 17:53

soupnazii wrote:and what version is it that youre using?
Hmmm? I'm using version 1.2 if thats what you mean. Not really sure what you're asking here.
by MrSteamTank
04 Sep 2006, 17:47

Conjure Pheonix is simply ridiculous

My god this is possibly the most overpowered spell I've ever seen. If you have a high level hero the pheonix can kill 20 titans as if they are nothing. It's way too strong. Does nival ever even play this game before they release it? It took me 1 battle with the pheonix to realize it's outrageous. Th...
by MrSteamTank
03 Sep 2006, 17:25
Topic: mode: 'simulationeus turns'
Replies: 9
Views: 3718

Re: mode: 'simulationeus turns'

plans 'simulationeus turns' is dead? They decided to wait until the expansion because or else we wouldn't bother buying the expansion. Considering multiplayer games are really only finishable with simultaneous turns if we could actually play a half decent finishable multiplayer game we probably wou...
by MrSteamTank
03 Sep 2006, 17:19
Topic: Expansion HOMM 5
Replies: 525
Views: 134697

well, thats the process of games these days. Release game 1 year before it should be released, sloppy and bugged. Patch the game for a year. After 1 year game is somewhat stable and bug free, yet nobody plays it anymore because it took so long to get right. Release sloppy/bugged expansion pack half...
by MrSteamTank
03 Sep 2006, 17:14
Forum: Heroes I-IV
Topic: Inferno Evolution
Replies: 40
Views: 18533

Tis true that I love blizzard-style graphics. Honestly I will admit that all blizzard games are very dated and could definitely use a boost in graphics. However, the art style and the excellent blizzard support is what made them the gaming company they are today. I'm not fond of the old heroes art t...
by MrSteamTank
03 Sep 2006, 17:09
Topic: Why the dungeon can not be a "might" faction...
Replies: 46
Views: 8373

Personally I think dungeon would make an excellent might faction. Their units are extra buff and with expert luck, offense, and defense they could easily dominate. I honestly don't see why they don't make a good might faction. Compare their units to the other races units. Assassins are pretty awesom...

Go to advanced search