Search found 217 matches

by MrSteamTank
20 Jun 2006, 04:30
Forum: Heroes V-VI
Topic: My homm V Balance Patch Ideas
Replies: 63
Views: 14027

My homm V Balance Patch Ideas

Now I've hardly played enough to be sure how balanced most units/spells are. However, their are a few that are imbalanced enough that it is quite evident it's simply too gamebreaking. They clearly outshine the competition so I'm going to post the changes I'd like to see in patch 1.2. General - All s...
by MrSteamTank
19 Jun 2006, 17:22
Topic: This game rocks!
Replies: 12
Views: 4466

I think gigantic mammoth/elephant with a canopy on the top with soldiers would be cool for the tier 7 for the stronghold race. I'm so sick of seeing behemoths. They are such ugly units and would like a different style of unit rather than another ground pounder. We have enough of them. My tier 7 for ...
by MrSteamTank
19 Jun 2006, 17:07
Forum: Heroes I-IV
Topic: [H2]Your favourite lvl. 6 creature
Replies: 49
Views: 18238

Pheonix' and crusaders are my favourite units simply because they are so different. Pheonix and crusaders are both very fragile in your face dmg dealers that although extremely powerful can be dealt with. Dragons and titants don't really require any skill to use. Monstrous hp allows you to just blin...
by MrSteamTank
19 Jun 2006, 16:50
Topic: The big CTD thread. About why, what, and when
Replies: 10
Views: 3643

About half the time I load a saved game or load a new map it freezes for me. I have an amd 64 3500+, 1 gig of dual channel ram, 512 mb radeon x1600 pro,200 gig hard drive.

So i guess the game freezing is as bad as a ctd problem. :D
by MrSteamTank
19 Jun 2006, 00:55
Topic: Too much luck in the Tactics phase!
Replies: 30
Views: 7068

So if they increased the battlefield size, I'd like so see the faster units keep their move ranges as they are now, while the slower units got some sort of movement increase. They already take about 1 turn every few years as it is, at least let them get to the battle before it's over. They could us...
by MrSteamTank
18 Jun 2006, 22:08

Yeah, that's good for most creatures, but for instance, Liches are 2x2 in size, so they can be hit first thing in battle. Titans as well. I think increasing the size of the battlefield would give those large shooters an advantage that they really don't need. And that's why they have those nifty lit...
by MrSteamTank
18 Jun 2006, 20:45
Topic: When will Patch 1.2 be out?
Replies: 35
Views: 9091

I can't believe they pushed this game as a multiplayer game and then removed simultaneous turns. This game takes FAR too long to not have simultaneous turns. Sheesh! I might play this game multi if the maps were half the size, neutral creatures were half as frequent, turns were simultaneous, and tow...
by MrSteamTank
18 Jun 2006, 20:30
Topic: Balance Between Factions In HoMM 2-4?
Replies: 83
Views: 29085

Heroes 2: Sorceress is weak but the rest are pretty balanced. Remember in Heroes 2, attack and defense were much more powerful, having 1 more attack than defense gave a 10% damage bonus and having one more defense than attack gave a 5% damage reduction so Knights and Barbarians are going to be bett...
by MrSteamTank
18 Jun 2006, 20:26

I tend to agree that even with Tactics involved I'd still only like to see one or two creatures in the whole game able to cross the battlefield in one turn. [Devils & one or two accepted ultra-fast units would be plenty] As it is I find it not worth my while in most fights to even field large u...
by MrSteamTank
18 Jun 2006, 18:51

Too much luck in the Tactics phase!

Their is simply too much luck in the tactic phase at the moment. Considering almost every faction has that one round in your face unit tying up one of their ranged units in the first round can simply be too gamebreaking early game. And the worst part is that it's ALL luck. Hope you don't position yo...
by MrSteamTank
17 Jun 2006, 17:58
Topic: What Units would you like to see in a Snow Town Expansion?
Replies: 124
Views: 27442

Although a steamtank is a cool idea and I'd agree 100%, unfortunately, it fits more with a technology based town and I probably wouldn't like it unless the idea was a snow themed steamtech town. Obviously very very low tech with basic gunpowder and old school steam train-type tech from the 1800s. Mi...
by MrSteamTank
17 Jun 2006, 14:32
Topic: Balance Between Factions In HoMM 2-4?
Replies: 83
Views: 29085

Heroes of Might & Magic II: Way too unbalanced (which is a good thing for me, it makes the game more interesting). The Warlock has propably the best army in the game (look at the damage ranges and hp) and definitely the best 6th level creature. Even if you play with Green Dragons your opponents...
by MrSteamTank
17 Jun 2006, 13:05
Topic: Speedy Multiplayer Questions!
Replies: 3
Views: 1085

ThunderTitan wrote:Last i heard the simultanious turns weren't implemented, just the ghost mode.
Is their any plan to implement them because I thought that was going to be a major feature in the game to speed things up.
by MrSteamTank
17 Jun 2006, 12:12
Topic: Speedy Multiplayer Questions!
Replies: 3
Views: 1085

Speedy Multiplayer Questions!

I remember posting on the official website a LONG time ago mentioning that the game won't be that great and memorable because you won't be able to take your turns at the same time thusly preventing a strong multiplayer community due to game length. I was flamed to a crisp needless to say and it seem...
by MrSteamTank
17 Jun 2006, 11:27

Re: What Units would you like to see in a Snow Town Expansio

This isn't LotR -_- The names don't even matter the general idea of the unit does. I was thinking of something with the size of an oliphant from lotr with the upgraded version having a large canopy on the top. Obviously with the mammoth shaggy fur to make it 'snow' themed. Names for example like dw...
by MrSteamTank
16 Jun 2006, 03:04
Topic: Man this game rocks! (yes it does)
Replies: 29
Views: 9372

I've not really run into any bugs either, and I also really like this skill system. My only real complaints are the obvious ones, such as the lack of a map editor, poor AI, and lack of maps. This game would get about 10 times better for me if they would introduce the Stronghold/Barbarian faction or...
by MrSteamTank
15 Jun 2006, 13:26

Please elaborate as I've only tried homm 3 and 4. The only ones I ever bought were 2 and 5. Haven't kept tabs on what happened with 4 and 4 expos. :-D That wouldbe H3 AB he'd be talking about. At first there was no conflux, but a Forge town, which was a futuristic town with half-machine creatures (...
by MrSteamTank
15 Jun 2006, 12:31

The troglodyte suggestion is good mainly because it leaves gnomes open for a techology themed faction with could easily be used in the future . I'm pretty impartial to them but it would depend hugely on the art and how they were implemented as a troop. Remember the death threats?I dont think even u...
by MrSteamTank
15 Jun 2006, 12:28
Topic: Name the Units you Find Overpowered!!!
Replies: 57
Views: 15386

There are plenty of workarounds for that. Tactics, natural obstacles, etc... Once again, you can try to find any exception you want, the fact remains it is far from "always" that you can hit Ranged units on turn 1. No most of the time it's pure luck and hoping you don't place your units d...
by MrSteamTank
15 Jun 2006, 03:58
Topic: Castle moat effects - what are they?
Replies: 25
Views: 9334

The easiest way to solve the moat imbalance issue it to allow it to work on each unit only once every third round or so yet still make any unit trying to cross the moat stop and waste a turn there so it still has definitely a gamebreaking effect. Right now I definitely agree they are very overpowered.

Go to advanced search