Search found 217 matches

by MrSteamTank
08 Jul 2006, 17:37
Forum: Heroes V-VI
Topic: phantom forces
Replies: 43
Views: 11955

I believe that something needs to be done about Phantom Forces. As a Level 3 spell I think at least one [or more] things would need to be fixed: 1. The HP of copies should be based on Summoning skill & spell power. 2. The intiative of the copy would have to be nerfed to MAKE SURE the other hero...
by MrSteamTank
08 Jul 2006, 15:21
Forum: Heroes I-IV
Topic: Vampire Evolution
Replies: 70
Views: 39000

It's a tie between homm2 and homm5. Homm2 vampire says bleh with every attack and that in itself makes him awesome. The homm3 vampires imo look awful to me though.
by MrSteamTank
08 Jul 2006, 14:58

Please, don't destroy the spell like happened to Town Portal. If it's too powerful for a level 3 spell just raise it to level 4 as has already been said in this thread. That will make the associated magic skill more useful without destroying a good spell. I've said it many times, but I'll say again...
by MrSteamTank
08 Jul 2006, 12:59
Topic: Is there any way to remove 'Week of The .....' feature ?
Replies: 38
Views: 9765

But luck is so fun! Seriously they could keep most of the week of abilities but remove the ones that can affect games too much.
by MrSteamTank
08 Jul 2006, 12:57
Topic: raise dead
Replies: 50
Views: 15591

Raise dead is really a little too useful as it is, but lets keep in mind that it is the spell that gives Necromancers any chance of actually being a good necromancer. If it was a 4th level spell, by the time you'd get it, you'd have cleared all the easy fights anyway, therefore missing the easy ske...
by MrSteamTank
07 Jul 2006, 22:27
Topic: Dwarven town for expansion
Replies: 148
Views: 39748

Dwarfen town that I expect level 1- Hafling theif (A weak unit that is invisible for the first 3 turns or until it attacks, upgradable to take random resources or gold from every encounter. This makes the war prone faction even more prone to fighting every encounter possible.) level 2- Dwarf hammer...
by MrSteamTank
07 Jul 2006, 22:21

Re: phantom forces

Not really. They could make the phantom force skip the next turn and it would still be a killer spell. Phantom force a 'large' unit and it would form a wall blocking his large unit from reaching yours. Excellent when using liches. You still have to waste a hero's turn to cast a spell to counter the...
by MrSteamTank
07 Jul 2006, 21:44

I made a separate thread from this from the raise dead thread. Again I apologize if it's been talked about to death but I only look at the first page of thread topics and only read about half of them. I actually don't mind phantom forces too much -- i think the only thing that's overpowered about i...
by MrSteamTank
07 Jul 2006, 21:27

I made a separate thread from this from the raise dead thread. Again I apologize if it's been talked about to death but I only look at the first page of thread topics and only read about half of them. I actually don't mind phantom forces too much -- i think the only thing that's overpowered about i...
by MrSteamTank
07 Jul 2006, 19:05
Topic: raise dead
Replies: 50
Views: 15591

Re: raise dead

Is it universally accepted that raise dead is ridiculously overpowerful if you are the undead? Didn't find any threads about it; wasn't sure if I was the only one who thought so, or whether it was so universally accepted that it didn't need mentioning. Even when you aren't the undead, i find it rid...
by MrSteamTank
06 Jul 2006, 19:14
Topic: Most disappointing creature of Heroes V
Views: 21528

The Heroes series has never had good art. :lolu: H2 had excellent map and creature arts. How many games that old still has (many) fans prefering it's rendition of several units to newer ones? H3 had extremely well done town screens, even if the rest of the graphics were kind of bleak. The graphics ...
by MrSteamTank
06 Jul 2006, 19:03
Topic: Which schools of magic are aligned with Academy?
Replies: 8
Views: 3466

I haven't gotted to the Academy campaign yet but this is what I would take in a custom/MP scenario: Light Magic , Sorcery , Attack and Luck The last skillslot you can fill with either Leadership , Logistics or Enlightenment . Light magic are very powerful in an army that gets to see much action wit...
by MrSteamTank
05 Jul 2006, 18:00

It's always a matter of opinion but I'm glad they tried to be unique with their unit creations. Units from the old homm games have never seemed unique looking for me. Devils were just red goatee sporting men with goat legs and angels were bearded men with wings. I definitely like the current incarn...
by MrSteamTank
05 Jul 2006, 16:28
Topic: Race and Town Creation Contest - Please tell me your ideas
Replies: 191
Views: 47126

And yes, I am very aware that European armies did not have clerics, griffins, and angels wandering about the fields. But inquisitors, griffins, and angels are very European notions. A lot of people view medieval factions as predominately Anglo-Saxon, not as Moors and the such. Actually, typical med...
by MrSteamTank
05 Jul 2006, 16:24

What?!?! Dont they have that?!?! scandal!!! Thats one of the key function for a skeleton-creature....UBI didn't think a lot when they gave creature there specials abillity. Aparently not,considering that zombies and gargoyles are enraged. Anyways I hardly think they look awful. Why do people say th...
by MrSteamTank
05 Jul 2006, 13:00
Topic: My Necropolis Guide
Replies: 69
Views: 22722

Have to agree with the thread starter here - while I agree with Gus about the guide not being quite so complete, going on and on about it for 3 pages isn't helping. If someone shows me a crappy car design, I can tell him NICELY what is wrong with it, instead of spitting in his face for trying. Atti...
by MrSteamTank
05 Jul 2006, 12:57
Topic: Sylvan -Nicolai fast breeders?
Replies: 6
Views: 2709

Maybe you should just learn how to play? 333 spectral dragons a day is easy pickings for someone as skilled as myself. Lol, seriously though the only thing I could see wiping a stack like this is turning him against himself with frenzy and puppet master. Now I don't think puppet master works with un...
by MrSteamTank
05 Jul 2006, 12:52

Bone dragon should get 40% dmg reduction from ranged,. The Spectral Dragon should get 50% reduction from ranged . What?!?! Dont they have that?!?! scandal!!! Thats one of the key function for a skeleton-creature....UBI didn't think a lot when they gave creature there specials abillity. I definitely...
by MrSteamTank
05 Jul 2006, 12:50

I go for the Djinn too, make em look better (normal sized hands and head) and give em a HP boost both the Djinn and the Djinn Sultan. The basic now have 33 , give em 55 , the upg now have 40 , give em 70 . They can keep their random casting, since they in this game focusing on doing alot of damage ...
by MrSteamTank
03 Jul 2006, 18:55
Topic: The things that we really LIKE about H5
Replies: 46
Views: 12590

Superior art and more interesting units and buildings in almost every aspect of heroes V. Gorgeous towns and pretty nice music that really pulls the game together.

Go to advanced search