Search found 217 matches

by MrSteamTank
12 Jul 2006, 21:09
Forum: Heroes V-VI
Topic: List the Underpowered tier 7 Units!!!
Replies: 85
Views: 22414

I say that no tier 7 creature is underpowered. You have to look at things from a global balance view and in that view, Skeleton Archers are key for Necromancers and the rest support. Spectral Dragons have around 50 less hitpoints then the other lvl 7 upgraded creatures but Necropolis troops are sup...
by MrSteamTank
12 Jul 2006, 18:57
Topic: The little things you miss from previous HOMM games
Replies: 104
Views: 26275

The things I didn't like about heroes 4 was 1. The art(I thought it was ugly) 2. Heroes NEEDED to max out combat asap or else they would get slaughtered in combat. Low level heroes would get smoked right away unless they could level up enough to get grandmaster combat. 3. Balance in general was weak...
by MrSteamTank
12 Jul 2006, 18:50
Topic: asian-themed race
Replies: 45
Views: 10717

I dont want a sigle more dragon in this game(well,maybe just one,but only as an uber powerful neutral,not as a towns level 7 unit). how about, as ive always said, a level 4 Crystal Dragon in a Dwarf town? above average speed, highest intiative for its level, below average attack and average defense...
by MrSteamTank
12 Jul 2006, 15:41
Topic: Coatl, an alternative name to Naga for snake people.
Replies: 50
Views: 11650

Darkstroem wrote:Coatl (winged snake) would be fine as the lvl 7 unit.
A winged snake could function like the dragonfly in heroes 3. In your face light melee along the style of a gargoyle. An excellent idea for a tier 2 unit.
by MrSteamTank
11 Jul 2006, 23:28
Topic: List the Underpowered tier 7 Units!!!
Replies: 85
Views: 22414

List the Underpowered tier 7 Units!!!

List the tier 7 units you find underpowered and how you would go about balancing them. I won't list mine yet but I'd like to know what people find are the weakest tier 7 unit and how they would fix them.
by MrSteamTank
11 Jul 2006, 23:21
Topic: Casters in melee
Replies: 51
Views: 14325

There is an easy explanation as to why undead have no morale changes. The necromancer leading the army has complete mental control over his undead minions. Undead are magical creations controlled magically by the necromancer leading them. Thus never given enough of a leash to have any sort of morale...
by MrSteamTank
11 Jul 2006, 22:34

Heroes 3 made an exploration into aztec themes with its fortress town, for which the main castle was a mesoamerican pyramid with 'glyphs' on its gates, but it fortunately didn't extend that connection any further. They just picked an interesting cultural element and plopped it in where it fit well ...
by MrSteamTank
11 Jul 2006, 14:32

Well look at academy. They only have one human unit even though it is a human race. The same could be with the naga race. 1 out of 5. Yeah, that really get my hopes up. And lets not even mention how they're supposed to be wizards, not a race. And an Aztec/Maya flavor would justify Coatl even more. ...
by MrSteamTank
11 Jul 2006, 13:49

Their are so many possibilities when it comes to using cultures.

Asian, aztec, and egyptian are all styles that really haven't been used in homm and would all fit appropriately. Both asian and aztec would fit well with a naga race.
by MrSteamTank
11 Jul 2006, 13:47

Well look at academy. They only have one human unit even though it is a human race. The same could be with the naga race. Anyways look at warcraft to see examples of nagas being wildly different. The male and female were completely different from each other and 2 naga is probably enough to warrant c...
by MrSteamTank
10 Jul 2006, 18:40

A Naga/Lizardmen town could easily have an asian theme. And having a chinese dragon would be a nice change from the normal one, even if it would be better if the Sylvans had a Phoenix instead of a Dragon at lvl7. Definitely. Too many dragons and a chinese naga race would best fit in with having a d...
by MrSteamTank
10 Jul 2006, 06:12
Topic: Annoying Puzzle Map
Replies: 36
Views: 11985

Once you find every obelisk the game should simply put an X on the map if you have uncovered it's location. The difficulty should be in finding the obelisks. Only if you try to short cut it without all the obelisks should it be difficult imo.
by MrSteamTank
10 Jul 2006, 06:09
Topic: Suggestion for changing AI bonuses based on difficulty level
Views: 10552

I definitely agree with your suggestion. What I don't understand is why hard is the difficulty where the computer supposedly equals you in resources. Shouldn't normal be the assumed difficulty for having the computer on an equal footing?
by MrSteamTank
10 Jul 2006, 06:03
Topic: Casters in melee
Replies: 51
Views: 14325

It's not a problem if it is properly balanced. Unfortunately in homm5 that doesn't seem to be properly balanced in some units such as arch-druid and arch-magi. :( Also don't forget spells bypass high defense so an arch-druid hitting a stack of arch-angels will also bypass the 15 or so defense/attack...
by MrSteamTank
10 Jul 2006, 06:00
Topic: Neutral Stack Suggestion
Replies: 20
Views: 5181

Its fine the way it is. Of course some are tougher than others, but you get more experience for fighting tougher creatures anyway. its the luck of the draw. Oh its fine?Really?You think that its fair to be able to beat 1000 zombies without a single loss,or 10 giants for that matter,yet when you fac...
by MrSteamTank
10 Jul 2006, 04:52
Topic: Is there any way to remove 'Week of The .....' feature ?
Replies: 38
Views: 9766

A mini-mod that replaces all weeks with a "week of nothing". Does that work? I tried doing something like that, but I don't think it worked. If you make the choice to go to a witch hut, don't like the skill, and then reload I consider that cheating. I do not care if you cheat, that is you...
by MrSteamTank
09 Jul 2006, 20:27
Topic: phantom forces
Replies: 43
Views: 11955

And does Wasp Swarm even work against Phantom Forced creatures? Don't know, but it should. @Mightor Magic Guess you never PFed a stack of over 100 Hunters. It's murder with the 50% miss chance. And if you have Sorcery your hero gets to keep making PF's faster, while keeping the ones not destroyed. ...
by MrSteamTank
09 Jul 2006, 20:19
Topic: Most disappointing creature of Heroes V
Replies: 70
Views: 21529

Re: Let's see...

Level 1: Conscripts (They are so slow, fall easy and can't do much in battle) Well seeing as your better of just keeping the Peasants for the gold they quite are. Level 2: Gargoyles or Zombies (can't realy choose, Gargoyles are faster, and Zombies are harder to kill) Gargs are at leaast good agains...
by MrSteamTank
09 Jul 2006, 20:11
Topic: Neutral Stack Suggestion
Replies: 20
Views: 5181

Neutral Stack Suggestion

Currently neutral stacks are simply broken. Some are so tough for their tier and others are so easy. Facing arch-magi instead of vampire lords, marksmen instead of plague zombies, and master hunters instead of steel golems can be so gamebreaking. These stacks are wildly different in power. Especiall...
by MrSteamTank
09 Jul 2006, 20:03
Topic: Is there any way to remove 'Week of The .....' feature ?
Replies: 38
Views: 9766

But luck is so fun! Sure it is soo fun to get no resources the whole week,yet have tons of armies to buy,and the next week becomes the week of plague so you get two weeks populations down the drain!Fun,fun,fun!!! I was obviously being sarcastic. If anybody here thinks luck has any place in a strate...

Go to advanced search