Search found 110 matches

by sylvanllewelyn
08 Jul 2006, 01:24
Forum: Heroes V-VI
Topic: Heroes V Lore Discussion *Spoiler*
Replies: 137
Views: 30500

One of the faults of traditional storytelling is the lack of character development on the part of the evil villian. However, once writers begin to explore how evil villians are developed, they found out that it all goes back to the age-old idea that circumstances and upbringing are what causes someo...
by sylvanllewelyn
29 Jun 2006, 00:00
Topic: Heroes V Lore Discussion *Spoiler*
Replies: 137
Views: 30500

I can see slight translation errors, but confusing whether the demon-child will be born, or already born is not "slight". I'm guessing the child was already born, because if the demon-child is not born yet, the heroes could've killed Isabel and her child right there on the spot. So yes, it...
by sylvanllewelyn
19 Jun 2006, 19:01
Topic: Manual for skills and spells?
Replies: 5
Views: 2108

Just read the fan-made manual - this is absolutely amazing. Just wondering one thing though: why would the AI only have half income and half population growth, even in Heroic? Is it there to prevent the human players to gain too much experience off AI players during multiplayer games, or is it simpl...
by sylvanllewelyn
18 Jun 2006, 04:45
Topic: Skills question and the inflexible, unjust choices
Replies: 32
Views: 8720

The concept of video games as a predominantly multiplayer entertainment is an American concept, not a European one. One would be wise to remember that Heroes V is not an American game. Do you still remember the old days of primitive single-player, when players played missions, died on that tough lev...
by sylvanllewelyn
16 Jun 2006, 14:43
Topic: enraged creature ability
Replies: 19
Views: 5999

The "enraged" ability is powerful, but the units that have it are very weak ones in the first place. If there isn't an initiative increase, I'd still leave those units last, so it definitely has *not* accomplished its objective of being meatshields.
by sylvanllewelyn
15 Jun 2006, 14:03
Topic: did you ever get ultimate in campaign?
Replies: 30
Views: 10777

The problem with rage of the elements is that it was designed for how the elemental chains worked in the beta, not the way it works now. Before, you could build up elemental chains and blow them for multiples of base damage, and doubling *that* would indeed be ultimate ownage. Now, it's basically a ...
by sylvanllewelyn
14 Jun 2006, 13:55
Topic: Protecting Shooters...
Replies: 33
Views: 11037

Catapults are actually breakable in Heroes III (1000 hitpoints).

I think it's too late to allow guarding shooters now, because that would really upset game balance. What *could* happen is introduce this ability onto the expansion towns.
by sylvanllewelyn
13 Jun 2006, 23:21
Topic: Protecting Shooters...
Replies: 33
Views: 11037

I kind of missed the idea of having friendly units blocking ranged attacks too. Actually, I miss a lot of things from Heroes 4, such as the caravan, and first-strike ability for some troops. About the whole Heroes dying thing... here's what I thought Nival could've done: - Heroes have defense and hi...
by sylvanllewelyn
11 Jun 2006, 20:32
Topic: Do you miss stronghold?
Replies: 194
Views: 38239

A stronghold idea seems plausible, but one has to be careful how to manage it. One of the characteristics of a stronghold town is barbarism, or having less characteristics of civilization than the average kingdom or nation. The problem with that is who's standards do you use. Especially in Ashan, wh...
by sylvanllewelyn
11 Jun 2006, 20:07
Topic: Serious question for those who play Single Player
Replies: 48
Views: 13132

Two suggestions for Nival: 1.) collect replays from top players, and follow their build orders and tactics, rather than trying to come up with their own. Blizzard patches the starcraft and warcraft AI's all the time. 2.) Give it omniscience, ie see the whole map. For example, if two-thirds of the bu...

Go to advanced search