Search found 155 matches

by Wurtzel
20 Sep 2007, 13:44
Forum: Heroes V-VI
Topic: User made campains
Replies: 10
Views: 5124

The ability to make user made campaigns only started with patch 1.5 or HOMM5 original. A patch to bring Hammers of Fate up to 1.5 content, including the ability to make user made campaigns was promised a loooooooooong time ago but Ubival has so far not delivered on that promise. Therefore, I would ...
by Wurtzel
19 Sep 2007, 06:38
Topic: HOF upgrade question
Replies: 6
Views: 1928

Oh, and just FYI, when I installed HOF, it did overwrite my .exe. The only way I could get my original to work was with the no CD exe for the original game. That is messed up. On both of my computers the games have two seperate .exe's. Something's fishy about your hof copy...at least because this i...
by Wurtzel
15 Sep 2007, 23:29
Topic: best race against necromancer
Replies: 24
Views: 6674

Let me make some explanations. Usually I play HoF 2.1, XXL maps, against four PC players with random towns and so on and one human player. With the human player I have agreement - we don't attack each other until we crush all of the PC players. That don't give much of a choice about hit and run str...
by Wurtzel
10 Sep 2007, 07:14
Topic: HOMM Web Sites??
Replies: 17
Views: 3281

Another good site used to be H3Trio or something similar... But back then, Astralwizard was THE site... B-)
by Wurtzel
08 Sep 2007, 17:47

Grumpy Old Wizard wrote:Well, CH is the best English site. :)

What are you looking for in a site? Is there something that you would like to see here that is going on?

GOW
Just looking for a little diversity, as I do in most things :D I do agree with you about this being the best....
by Wurtzel
08 Sep 2007, 12:15

HOMM Web Sites??

Has anyone noticed the dwindling number of Homm sites that have either gone by the wayside or have had very long periods of inactvity, eg The Genies Lamp??? Apart from here (the best site) and the official (forum) there doesn't appear to be much around, a bit worrying :S If someone can suggest a goo...
by Wurtzel
06 Sep 2007, 23:50
Topic: HoF Custom Map Recommendations
Views: 4975

I would say his latest map, called "Sorcerers Isle" is prob his best, mainly because the zip file contains 2 formats, one for single/multiplayer mode, the other for 2 players in allied hot-seat mode. (A rareity now days) That map was submitted to Celestial Heavens 4 weeks ago and has still...
by Wurtzel
06 Sep 2007, 13:41
Topic: Heroes 5 isn't a true Heroes of Might & Magic game.
Replies: 138
Views: 46317

Average according to you... To a lot of people this is the best Heros game of the series... I myself tend to agree with them, although I do recognize it has got flaws...
by Wurtzel
06 Sep 2007, 09:00
Topic: HoF Custom Map Recommendations
Views: 4975

3 Authors that I suggest, all have turned out very good maps recently: They are my brother Sarvi, (who I do most of the testing for) Mythrynn and Grumpy Old Wizard whose last map (Shadow Dreams) is one of the best I've played...... :D
by Wurtzel
06 Sep 2007, 00:15
Topic: Ultimate ability
Replies: 24
Views: 9052

You should reach high enough level in my HOMM5 standard map "Seize The Throne" (extra large, all factions playable.) My map currently in playtesting ("Shadow Dreams") is a large HOF map with Haven, Academy, Sylvan, and Fortress playable if you wind up getting HOF (or TOTE.) You ...
by Wurtzel
19 Aug 2007, 12:49
Topic: Heroes V Collectors Edition and Patch 2.01 - Will work?
Replies: 3
Views: 1906

If you're going to play HOF exclusively, then the only patch you'll need is 2.1... If you're going to play HOMM5 then you need the earlier patches, again, the best way to get them is using the method I suggested earlier... :-D
by Wurtzel
19 Aug 2007, 05:05
Topic: Heroes V Collectors Edition and Patch 2.01 - Will work?
Replies: 3
Views: 1906

Just use the auto-updater that comes with the game... Owing to the fact that both HOMM5 and HOF use their own updaters, (both called "check for updates") to make sure you're using the correct one, just go to Start Menu/ubisoft/Heroes of Might & magic 5 - Hammers of Fate and click on ch...
by Wurtzel
15 Aug 2007, 15:00
Forum: News
Topic: Tribes Video and Shots
Replies: 31
Views: 6851

Tribes Video and Shots

Dark and Stormy knights??
by Wurtzel
15 Aug 2007, 13:55
Topic: Tribes Video and Shots
Replies: 31
Views: 6851

Tribes Video and Shots

Death Nights, Mummies, Wolves and Phoenixes are neutral groups that come to mind in the current HOMM5 (HOF)
Edited on Wed, Aug 15 2007, 09:58 by Wurtzel
by Wurtzel
13 Aug 2007, 11:25
Topic: Can't download patch 1.4
Replies: 6
Views: 2471

Also you may want to check which auto-updater you are using as HOF uses its own updater... As they are both called "check for updates" the easiest way to use the right one is; go to your start menu, all programs, ubisoft, and from the heroes menu select which game you wish to update... (HO...
by Wurtzel
02 Aug 2007, 15:57
Topic: Tribes of the East Previews
Replies: 97
Views: 17766

Tribes of the East Previews

Makes me wonder what their (the orcs) ultimate is.... Maybe complete magical immunity?? Or perhaps permenant battle rage...
by Wurtzel
01 Aug 2007, 10:49
Topic: New ToE screenshots
Replies: 27
Views: 17779

vulnevia wrote:
evilp wrote:
@dallasmavs41
Actually, it's stronghold not bastion
So they've changed it then?
Actually the preview by gamespot (based on what they've played) still call it Bastion... I'd rather beleive them as it's less then a week old...
by Wurtzel
27 Jul 2007, 00:33
Topic: Ubisoft Announces Heroes Game
Replies: 25
Views: 8671

Ubisoft Announces Heroes Game

Heroes of Might & Magic, Heroes of Might & Magic I, II, III, IV.
by Wurtzel
22 Jul 2007, 13:38
Topic: Legends of the Ancients : Book 1 available !
Replies: 76
Views: 15997

Legends of the Ancients : Book 1 available !

Just thought I'd throw this little anomaly in... When you unzip the (english) archieve the files with .ogg extensions are NOT in their own folder.. So it may be advised that the readme file be changed so that the user creates a toga directory wilthin the music one... Hope this helps new comers...
by Wurtzel
24 Jun 2007, 23:06
Topic: Tribest of the East Screenshots
Replies: 25
Views: 6349

Tribes of the East Screenshots

Vodka anyone??

Go to advanced search