Search found 233 matches

by cornellian
07 Jun 2006, 03:11
Forum: Heroes V-VI
Topic: Footmans
Replies: 11
Views: 4021

Fortress was hell to play against in HoMM III; Gorgons, Hydras, Lizards all having outrageous defense, and very hard to kill.. Especially sieging them was a nightmare, IIRC... I personally find Footmen pretty useless except for protecting archers though, and rarely used them in campaign and in limit...
by cornellian
07 Jun 2006, 03:00
Topic: Do you miss stronghold?
Replies: 194
Views: 38324

I, for one, would love to see them come back as a faction.. They were always the enemy I feared most in campaigns, scenarios and multiplayer in all HoMMs, especially terrorizing everyone in HoMM IV. But a good barbarian town wouldn't be whole without a great score.. Something very sad but powerful a...
by cornellian
06 Jun 2006, 18:54
Topic: 3-rd dreaded mission in the Inferno Campain
Replies: 31
Views: 9691

He should be connected to green, I believe the game treats him as just another green hero, but one that happens to be teleported into the map in some later week. So, if you beat the green when he is not around, you beat the faction altogether, including him.. Though I plan to load and wait for him t...
by cornellian
06 Jun 2006, 18:46
Topic: The Black Dragon
Replies: 38
Views: 10154

DaemianLucifer wrote: Here you go.Nebs found aproximately how it works.
Thanks DL, now it makes sense why Nival doesn't make any sense...
by cornellian
06 Jun 2006, 16:11

now, a mid to high-level Demon Lord or Knight hero can drop a Black Dragon with a single direct attack, even if his army couldn't harm the dragon. That I agree, the whole new Hero damage thing just doesn't make sense to me.. My level 25+ hero can kill a Black Dragon in a hit, but can't kill 10 imps...
by cornellian
06 Jun 2006, 15:21

I disagree, many times I was frustrated of not being able to buff or especially revive them in previous games.. And as getting another warlock for an enemy seems to be not very likely, I'd say they are more useful this time for the most part.. At least now they are not insanely expensive as they wer...
by cornellian
06 Jun 2006, 15:08
Topic: 3-rd dreaded mission in the Inferno Campain
Replies: 31
Views: 9691

Just minutes ago, I finished the scenario in a strange way, without having to fight with Gilrean the second time!! It seems that if you can clear the map before his majesty shows up, you win the game. I wasn't aiming for it, but I took the green AI's three castles and killed off all its heroes befor...
by cornellian
06 Jun 2006, 04:22
Topic: What Video cards work?
Replies: 15
Views: 4044

I ran the game in a computer that had GeForce FX 5200 w/128mb ram, so I'd say HoMM V isn't exactly a resource hog, at least not for the gpu.

Though that system had over 2 gigs of RAM, mind you..
by cornellian
06 Jun 2006, 04:02
Topic: Hero imbalance resurfaced in Heroes 5
Replies: 23
Views: 7962

these are all theoretical scenarios; i for one dont care that much for knowledge so i wouldnt ever make a 10/10/20/20 hero; i mean who needs 200mana in a battle? 10/10/30/10 would be a better hero imo, or to stay on the same level as the might hero, 7/5/30/8 That is the point exactly, knowledge bec...
by cornellian
05 Jun 2006, 22:54
Topic: Hero imbalance resurfaced in Heroes 5
Replies: 23
Views: 7962

I agree that the Might department of Might and Magic completely overshadowed the Magic part this time, a serious oversight by Nival.. I find it very interesting actually, for I think, the way of Might is the 'harder at first, kicks serious butt later' way of the series, a role Magic always had befor...
by cornellian
05 Jun 2006, 22:33
Topic: Favorite Town View
Replies: 24
Views: 7009

Academy for me, as it gives, at least for a few seconds, the feeling of secureness. You know, being on top of clouds where no one can find or reach you..

Then I return to adventure map and get my arse whopped :D ...
by cornellian
05 Jun 2006, 22:24
Topic: Who is the strongest???
Replies: 17
Views: 5848

Umber Hulk would be a good level 4 creature for Dungeon with an upgrade to Mind Flayer, which can cast Confusion or a weak version of Puppet Master maybe... For the original question; I'd say, with certain skills and a little luck, Haven is the most powerful one, with Necropolis a close second. The ...
by cornellian
05 Jun 2006, 05:47
Topic: What is the WEAKEST town in the game?
Replies: 107
Views: 27304

While you are absolutely right in saying that there are no absolute rules of playing the game, there are, obviously, some 'smarter' ways to play. Though I wouldn't count relying solely on raise dead and skellie archers en masse one of the smarter ways, for the single reason that it will wear out the...

Go to advanced search