Search found 56 matches

by krs
28 Sep 2011, 17:56
Forum: Heroes V-VI
Topic: Yet Another H6 Rant?
Replies: 14
Views: 9419

I disagree. There's some very powerful imagery about heroes riding horses... like Napoleon, or Richard Lionheart, or Aragorn. There's something very specifically _heroic_ & kingly about riding a horse and galloping around the map, while a hero riding a flashy fantasy creature makes it another wa...
by krs
28 Sep 2011, 07:10
Topic: General Thoughts on the Homm VI Demo?
Replies: 37
Views: 18447

Re: strongly agree

Ironically, I went to a university where we had quite a lot of Eastern Europeans. All the following names: Pawel (this spelling), Svetlana, Slava, Anton, Irina and Sandor were classmates, friends or teaching assistants at some point. I even had a summer fling with Anastasia (this spelling). There w...
by krs
25 Sep 2011, 20:46
Topic: Heroes VI Fan Manual
Replies: 26
Views: 35128

Nice that you took the time to look through my suggestions, as silly or obvious that some were. Wouldn't it be nice if Ubihole did that also :D. As for clarifications... I will take into account next time that not everyone can see into my head :D, and will try to be more clear. - For hero classes us...
by krs
21 Sep 2011, 11:20
Topic: Heroes VI Fan Manual
Views: 35128

Feedback on manual

Nice manual very graphically appeasing. Here some "issues" - Faction symbols made monochrome :(. (Perhaps full color looks better pg.13 for heaven) - Really like the geographic location on Heaven. (Please include for others where applicable... Hasima come to mind.) - As page background for...
by krs
20 Sep 2011, 19:36
Forum: News
Topic: Hardcore Might and Magic
Replies: 7
Views: 3940

Hardcore Might and Magic

Craig the Hack :)
by krs
20 Sep 2011, 08:10
Topic: Video: GamesCom Q&A
Replies: 18
Views: 8788

Video: GamesCom Q&A

Nobody needs it easier, its just in their heads. They think they could attract more people by making it more casual ignoring they upset the very ones who buy their game every time.

Just stop protecting the game from being mod-able and we will take care of skill trees, town trees and others mishaps.
by krs
17 Sep 2011, 21:47
Topic: Yet Another H6 Rant?
Replies: 14
Views: 9419

Yet Another H6 Rant?

It seems like all hardcore fans of the heroes series want basically the same things and UbiHole (intent on $$$) is not listening (ignoring actually). What can we do? Complain and come with suggestions until they get enough traction so they HAVE to do something about it. Here a list with my likes/com...
by krs
17 Sep 2011, 20:58
Forum: Articles
Topic: Skill Summary
Replies: 21
Views: 17361

Skill Summary

@Aurelian The idea behind saving the order of taking the skills is that some "perfect" builds for some heroes could be exemplified (in guides or in forum posts) enlarging in this way the scope of your tool.
by krs
17 Sep 2011, 20:48
Topic: Video: GamesCom Q&A
Replies: 18
Views: 8788

Video: GamesCom Q&A

FFS is this for real? This is the game I've payed for? I play since heroes 2 and the whole video is about "we thought 5 resources are too much", "we thought town screens were to complicated", "we thought the skills in h5 were too complicated", "We thought the game ...
by krs
11 Sep 2011, 10:43
Forum: Articles
Topic: Skill Summary
Replies: 21
Views: 17361

Skill Summary

Excellent tool as always. Than you. Here some feedback from my side: Great addition would be to allow us to save a hero with his skills and the order in which it took them. (than load it on your tool and learn :) ). Overall: - Make it wider! I doubt there are many people playing H6 with a screen les...
by krs
02 Mar 2011, 10:12
Topic: Heroes VI Combat Video
Views: 9488

Heroes VI Combat Video

No initiative? That was one of the biggest steps in H5. (a little too complex but with the proper cosmetics a very good mechanism). Imho its plain stupid to put speed and initiative together. Again we have plain old face to face battles. Bring some more diversity to initial battlefield placement (re...
by krs
17 Sep 2010, 21:15
Topic: Ubisoft Officially Announces Heroes VI!
Replies: 79
Views: 37702

Ubisoft Officially Announces Heroes VI!

Besides the battle field, looks like a cheap KB clone. Does anyone know if at least they keep the awesome skill system from H5? And is initiative gone forever? Or still debatable? Because with some minor touches, to make it less complicated, that could have been a superb idea.
by krs
17 Sep 2010, 21:00
Topic: Clarifications from Marzhin (!)
Replies: 23
Views: 6741

Clarifications from Marzhin (!)

I wonder if there are other games ruined by KB-style touch improvements... (cough...DIII..cough....bullsh...t)
by krs
20 Sep 2008, 09:10
Topic: King´s Bounty English Demo
Replies: 73
Views: 22122

King´s Bounty English Demo

Game is surprisingly good, but some stuff (minor but annoying) need tweaking. - Not been able to look freely through the map, - not seeing easily how many creatures were killed, - although it is a different concept I miss the heros initiative bar - lot of annoyng message windows for nothing!... like...
by krs
29 Feb 2008, 10:55
Topic: M&M II: Mobile Game of the Year
Replies: 20
Views: 8748

M&M II: Mobile Game of the Year

Altough MMII looks quite good (did not tried it yet), game of the year should be: Pocket Heroes! http://www.pocketheroes.org/screenshots.php?out=all You can just love the graphics, made in HII cartoon style. And somebody took the time and all objects on the map have fairy tale like descriptions wich...
by krs
28 Jan 2008, 12:04
Topic: Disciples 3 Almost Complete?
Replies: 47
Views: 12944

Disciples 3 Almost Complete?

You cant realy compare DI(ONE) with HeroesIII(THREE) :).
by krs
26 Jan 2008, 18:34

@ThunderTitan It came out 2.5 years later :). Anyways, the guys always used interesting engines for their sequel. Can't say the same for Heroes.

One more game to the gender can be only good for gamers. (And it looks to be not any game!)
by krs
26 Jan 2008, 10:38

Disciples II was a great game and way ahead of Heroes III concerning graphics. I just hope that Disciples III will do the same compared to HV. As for all the discussions here with the lack of races... Let them release the game and add content afterwards. Otherwise we will still be waiting for DII li...
by krs
08 Dec 2007, 12:50
Topic: Do you use mods?
Replies: 20
Views: 6144

I use some mods, like skill wheel, town descriptions, necro calculator. The only problems with the mods is that the ideas are gr8 but some of them die while still young. One usefull mode would be... Individual Hero models! (there are many existing... but every single mod I saw had to have some lacki...
by krs
28 Nov 2007, 11:30
Topic: AI dificulty settings
Replies: 17
Views: 6712

@LarkinVB - The mod is ok for now. I was just wondering if the dificulty settings also affect the neutral way of fighting.

Go to advanced search