Search found 270 matches

by Gus
26 Jun 2006, 13:57
Forum: Heroes V-VI
Topic: Skills and Abilities rant!
Replies: 218
Views: 46612

Actually, BT, the only thing I "see" is that you're trying to put things into my statements in order to find fault with them. I didn't say only those who liked everything H4 and WoG should be listened to, but looking at Nival/Ubi's stance, it appears that they aren't listening to those th...
by Gus
26 Jun 2006, 13:34
Forum: Modcrafting Guild
Topic: H5 Mod: Combat Damage
Replies: 0
Views: 2827

H5 Mod: Combat Damage

Download here Still translating Davinov's work (his website: http://davinov.free.fr/patch5/readme.htm ), now there is a Mod which, in combat, shows how much damage you're going to do to the creatures, in addition to the number of kills. It simply mirrors the number at the bottom of the screen, but ...
by Gus
26 Jun 2006, 13:05
Topic: H5 Mod: Town Description detailed.
Views: 2863

H5 Mod: Town Description detailed.

Download here Again, translating Davinov's work (his website: http://davinov.free.fr/patch5/readme.htm ), now there is a Mod which provides info on the selected Town, on the selection screen, when launching the game. After having chosen a Town, the tooltip will give you info about this Town's Hero ...
by Gus
26 Jun 2006, 12:09
Topic: H5 Mod: Hero Specialty detailed
Views: 2938

H5 Mod: Hero Specialty detailed

Download here Still translating Davinov's work (his website: http://davinov.free.fr/patch5/readme.htm ), now there is a Mod which adds the description of a hero Specialty on the selection screen, when launching the game. After selecting your town, you get to select your hero, but you have no explan...
by Gus
26 Jun 2006, 01:15
Topic: Things less known
Replies: 21
Views: 9001

by Gus
25 Jun 2006, 22:00
Topic: Name the Units you Find Overpowered!!!
Replies: 57
Views: 15707

For the time I have played, I'd say my creatures (unregardingly luck and other stats, artifacts) touch Ghosts&Spectres about 1/3 of the time AVERAGE. Way too much. (And maybe even more on shooting attacks, not sure about that.) If you'd collect statistics correctly, you'd see it averages to 50%...
by Gus
25 Jun 2006, 15:59
Topic: H5 Mod: Creature Abilities detailed
Replies: 2
Views: 3941

H5 Mod: Creature Abilities detailed

Download here There has been a number of complaints from people who wanted tooltips to explain what such or such creature ability does. Well, Davinov (his website: http://davinov.free.fr/patch5/readme.htm ) made a Mod which replaces the name of the Ability (i.e. Shooter) with a complete description...
by Gus
25 Jun 2006, 13:29
Topic: Movement
Replies: 10
Views: 5767

sorry, a bit of a useless post, but i wanted to thank you for doing things like that... You shouldn't have to do this, and Nival should be ashamed to have people from the community do their work.

So, a big thank you to you, Pitsu, and to everyone helping with the effort, the community owes you a lot.
by Gus
25 Jun 2006, 00:24
Topic: The little things you miss from previous HOMM games
Replies: 104
Views: 26277

Mightor Magic wrote:I always thought that the point of turn based strategy games was micromanagement. Otherwise, why not play a RTS?
Cause some of us think that strategy doesn't equal "clickfest"?
by Gus
24 Jun 2006, 23:03
Topic: Things less known
Replies: 21
Views: 9001

I've done it against 3 stacks, actually.
by Gus
24 Jun 2006, 22:58
Topic: Does Luck and Morale system need a change?
Replies: 10
Views: 4545

Morale seems a little different because it doesn't seem to effect turns but initiative. My griffins with good morale can attack a stack of zombies three times while the zombies only moved once. Are "turns" relative to each unit? And do Morale bonus chain or am I missing the griffins indiv...
by Gus
24 Jun 2006, 19:51
Topic: What Units would you like to see in a Snow Town Expansion?
Replies: 124
Views: 27857

i forgot how Asterix is world-famous =)
by Gus
24 Jun 2006, 14:53
Topic: What Units would you like to see in a Snow Town Expansion?
Replies: 124
Views: 27857

Minotaurs are slaves.
by Gus
24 Jun 2006, 12:14

DaemianLucifer wrote:Are you trying to spam with that post? :devil:
oh, the irony :proud:
by Gus
24 Jun 2006, 12:11
Topic: Is instant travel working correctly?
Replies: 13
Views: 5248

*sigh*

guys, Instant Travel is not DD. DD was overpowered and allowed to travel the map easily. IT allows you to jump over obstacles, guards, garrisons, colour tents, etc. And that's enough.
by Gus
23 Jun 2006, 23:47
Topic: A question about initiatives and turns...
Replies: 15
Views: 4119

yes and no. certainly, i agree that some units are not properly balanced, initiative-wise. BUT, i think initiative, while good, is in a way comparable to a high growth. Let's take a look at the Spectral Dragon. To make things simple, just as an example, without factoring in spells or anything else: ...
by Gus
23 Jun 2006, 23:42
Topic: Heroes V review/thoughts
Views: 5899

err, did you read the first post ? he wants opinions on what he wrote, not your opinion on the game o.O
by Gus
23 Jun 2006, 23:34

oh, i agree, i was just making sure i remembered all right.
by Gus
23 Jun 2006, 23:29
Topic: Heroes V review/thoughts
Views: 5899

ClownRoyal wrote:Minor, but I notice this stuff when I read over things. Colossus plural is Colossuses, instead of Colossi. ( http://en.wiktionary.org/wiki/Colossus )
not in Latin ;) same with scenarios (english)/scenari (italian/latin). mafiosos, mafiosi. forums/fora. and so on. Generally, both ways are accepted.
by Gus
23 Jun 2006, 23:27

Heroes in H4 didn't have specialties, though, did they? I can't remember them having some.

Go to advanced search