Search found 270 matches

by Gus
28 Jun 2006, 23:11
Forum: Heroes V-VI
Topic: The Wraith - is it underrated?
Replies: 86
Views: 19480

I'd even go as far as to say that you probably don't have much experience about RPGs, since Vorpal has been a term used in such games, in reference to Alice, for quite a long time. Extensively in Dungeons and Dragons as well. well, D&D is a PnP RPG (abbreviations are fun!!) so it was included =P
by Gus
28 Jun 2006, 23:07
Topic: Sylvan strategy
Replies: 12
Views: 12074

2. Get blacksmith and ballista [...] This was written for Heroic where mines are heavily guarded. well, Ballista costs 4500 gold in a Sylvan town. I don't think you can waste that kind of money in Heroic. Especially given no hero starts with War Machines, and it is offered very rarely to Rangers...
by Gus
28 Jun 2006, 22:57
Forum: Modcrafting Guild
Topic: Top view camera MOD
Replies: 30
Views: 15909

it means precisely what it says.. and it makes deeper sense than any grammar-or-what-you-may-call it.. more literally: just because something is glittering, doesn't mean it's gold. i.e. shiny things are sometimes not worth anything. it's not grammatically correct, though, which makes it hard for us...
by Gus
28 Jun 2006, 18:29

I'd even go as far as to say that you probably don't have much experience about RPGs, since Vorpal has been a term used in such games, in reference to Alice, for quite a long time.
by Gus
28 Jun 2006, 16:55

DaemianLucifer wrote:
Gus wrote: Now the question becomes, why use bland ideas to fix something when we could come up with interesting ways to do so?
Actually the why fix it when its not broken refers to the vorpal sword idea being implemented instead of the harm touch.
Emphasis mine, just to clarify my reasonning =)
by Gus
28 Jun 2006, 16:33

but why fix what isnt broken? Actually, the starting reason of this discussion is that Harm Touch IS broken, because it doesn't scale with the number of Wraiths. So, fixing is needed. Now the question becomes, why use bland ideas to fix something when we could come up with interesting ways to do so...
by Gus
28 Jun 2006, 13:55
Topic: Heroes V review/thoughts
Replies: 15
Views: 5910

No, do voice your complaints. However, do back them up as well =) Chose a target (casual or hardcore, new to the franchise or HoMM expert), and then proceed from there. And refrain from giving too many clear cut opinions on things that you (or anyone else for that matter) cannot objectively have mas...
by Gus
28 Jun 2006, 00:08

ThunderTitan wrote:It's stupid that it's off when there's no one in range.
they must have thought it'd speed up the gameplay.

=D
by Gus
27 Jun 2006, 22:21

I never forgot that. You shouldn't have called it "a hell of an advantage". It's not like other creatures don't have No-Retal, and they don't have to be already near the enemy to do it. what's with the "having to be near" thing you keep coming up with? Harm Touch is only usable ...
by Gus
27 Jun 2006, 18:11

I agree with that as well. TT, when i said that "no retal" was pretty powerful, i was dealing with the proposal to make Harm Touch as efficient as (or even better than) a regular attack against level 7. Of course, Harm Touch as it is is not bad, but becomes useless quickly. But i was talki...
by Gus
27 Jun 2006, 18:06
Topic: Skills and Abilities rant!
Replies: 218
Views: 46691

So Gus, DL and OliverFA, you now want to tell me that no yes/no window for Witch Hut is like tossing a coin who'll win, blatantly forgetting the fact that you are not forced to take a gamble here? You MAY gamble, but you don't have to. You can play it safe. The coin-tossing is the skill that was ac...
by Gus
27 Jun 2006, 17:17

You mean, except the fact that they don't get to retaliate, which is, incidentally, a hell of an advantage ? ^^ Not that much, as you have to be next to them already to do it. It's rather a "I have 1 more Wraith so might as well use it" ability. Sorry, i don't get what you mean =/ But if ...
by Gus
27 Jun 2006, 16:55

"small" probabilities. if the game is going to continue into this "let's flip a coin to know who wins" system, then i'll pass on H6, thanks. there's a difference between calculated risk and complete gamble. You've got a damage range, you can calculate risks. You know there's betw...
by Gus
27 Jun 2006, 16:06

all this talk, when it's so easy to just put in a frigging yes/no box =S JJ, it's disappointing seeing you defend this option... especially when there are no arguments for it. It reminds me, in a way, of the "let's not give them out the skill tree, it's much more fun that way"-thing. No, i...
by Gus
27 Jun 2006, 16:00

zhuge wrote: With an adjustment in Harm Touch to 1 kill per 5 (no regular damage) that would bring their damage Vs the above L7s to 2 kill instead of 1+. Not that great a difference really.
You mean, except the fact that they don't get to retaliate, which is, incidentally, a hell of an advantage ? ^^
by Gus
27 Jun 2006, 11:48

You don't tell the players exactly how many creatures are guarding an object either. Do you want a window THERE, too: You are going to face 48 Minotaur Kings; proceed? And you have the same choices. You can right click on a stack and get an estimation of their numbers, can you not? And, if you don'...
by Gus
26 Jun 2006, 20:59

I didn't know they tell you exactly what you have to fight when you enter the Crypt, so I don't see what a window asking, "You have entered the Witch Hut. Do you want to procee?" would gain. If you are not prepared to take what you get - DON'T ENTER. that's ludicrous... there's simply no ...
by Gus
26 Jun 2006, 17:03

I like your definition of terms - H4 vs "classic". This is laden with symbolism of the main issues with H4 - it is not H3 or previous. They changed things. By not including H4 is part of "classic" HoMM, you force a person to take sides, so that naybody who likes H4 cannot possib...
by Gus
26 Jun 2006, 15:03

However, Nival/Ubi has acted as if H4 NEVER existed. I seem to recall at one point that Nival even stated this. Look, this quote is enough for me to say that you either did not read my post, or simply do not get it. They do not act as if H4 had never existed. They act as if the features in H4 were ...
by Gus
26 Jun 2006, 14:55
Topic: Name the Units you Find Overpowered!!!
Replies: 57
Views: 15731

Haven is Castle... what's the point of posting that? =/

Go to advanced search