Search found 270 matches

by Gus
01 Jul 2006, 23:45
Forum: Heroes V-VI
Topic: The artifact situation has gotten out of hand...
Replies: 36
Views: 9616

you _really_ missed that he was joking?
by Gus
30 Jun 2006, 23:14
Topic: Transferring Saved Games
Replies: 4
Views: 1836

they're in "my documents" => "My Games" => "Heroes of..."
by Gus
30 Jun 2006, 18:51
Topic: My Necropolis Guide
Replies: 69
Views: 22273

you will notice this was an answer to his answer. I didn't start this way. I said: this guide lacks depth, variety, and gives very simple tips already available. To which he responded rather aggresively. Well, if it's not a thesis, and if the "author" doesn't want to give a shot at a real,...
by Gus
30 Jun 2006, 18:42

i didn't attack him for it.
I did attack him for his answers, though. If the guide's not complete, then he should accept criticism, especially when this criticism is backed by arguments and contains suggestions (instead of showing contempt towards said suggestions).
by Gus
30 Jun 2006, 18:12

I'm sorry, i don't think this is a real guide, as you're very limiting. "Take Vlad or Kaspar, max out Raise Dead, ggkthx". What's wrong with that? HoMMV is not a complex game. i could make pages on how HoMM is complex, but instead, i'll just make it simple: there are many heroes, many spe...
by Gus
30 Jun 2006, 15:51

I'm sorry, i don't think this is a real guide, as you're very limiting. "Take Vlad or Kaspar, max out Raise Dead, ggkthx".
things well known already, but no strategy here =/
a Guide detailing how to adapt to such or such situation, to such or such hero, now that would be interesting.
by Gus
30 Jun 2006, 13:10
Topic: The Wraith - is it underrated?
Replies: 86
Views: 18967

Ok, so, to sum it up: - it's ok to take an adult-themed tale and turn it into a children's tale. - it's NOT ok to then revert back to the origins - it's ok for YOU to identify to a tale to the point that you don't accept others' views on it - it's NOT ok for others to adapt the tale to something clo...
by Gus
30 Jun 2006, 12:19
Topic: Most disappointing creature of Heroes V
Replies: 70
Views: 21208

Iron/Steel Golems in the early game, in combination with Master Gremlins, ensures you take no loss against anything but shooters/casters. Demons and Hydras can be made very useful with Teleport Assault. Plus, as you said, Demons have Gating. Zombies are hopeless... Well, they serve as tanks to prote...
by Gus
30 Jun 2006, 12:17

the amazing thing is that, in spite of all the evidence stuffed right in front of your eyes, you still maintain that violence does not exist in children's tales. and to think that this discussion is taking place because you can't seem to be able to accept that some people are itnerested in a darker ...
by Gus
29 Jun 2006, 15:49
Topic: imbue arrow ability
Replies: 9
Views: 7362

After Imbuing like you said, there are two (three actually) ways of using the ability: - if you have Deadeye Shot, it replaces your regular attack. So, every time you attack with your hero, you'll cast the imbued spell. - If you have Rain of Arrows, then you'll attack a numbe rof creatures, and each...
by Gus
29 Jun 2006, 15:24

But there IS violence in the original Alice. And the game was rated i-dunno-what-your-americans-ratings-are, but i'm pretty sure it was at least for teens and older... so, really, no problem.
by Gus
29 Jun 2006, 15:19
Forum: Modcrafting Guild
Topic: Top view camera MOD
Replies: 30
Views: 15831

yeah, the ones who pollute forums are certainly not the ones who call others "idiots", you're right... and where's vanity or pride? You were told your sentence was not correct and made no sense, but this is nowhere near an insult. It's a fact, you were not being criticized, you were being ...
by Gus
29 Jun 2006, 13:59

soupnazii wrote:no, its not only a childrens tale, adults ebjoy the book too, but, the movie at least, is deffinetly almost completely a childrens tale.
yeah but the movie is ana adaptation of the book. the game is another adaptation, in quite the opposite way.
by Gus
29 Jun 2006, 13:30

Well, from what i've read, there is a lot relating to madness in this book. And it's far from being only a children's tale.
by Gus
29 Jun 2006, 13:16

i still think it's perfectly understandable. then you don't have a clue. and i won't say another thing, because, we've gone off-topic, "dude". we wouldn't have gone off-topic if you had turned your sentence into an english sentence instead of criticizing someone else's understanding of yo...
by Gus
29 Jun 2006, 12:47
Topic: Beating 1v1 Heroic AI in land of outcasts?
Replies: 2
Views: 1344

Who needs help to beat anything with Deleb? It's just "get your troops while clearing the map thanks to its overpowered skill" =)
by Gus
29 Jun 2006, 12:46

Dude, it's not about "shiny grammar". People who are not native-english speakers have a hard time to understand well-formed english in the first place, if you write ungrammatical things, don't expect them to understand you. And it's not THEIR fault.
by Gus
29 Jun 2006, 12:44
Topic: H5 MOD ROR 0.2 FOR VERSION1.1
Replies: 10
Views: 10180

Increasing Deleb's skill... yeah, right.
by Gus
29 Jun 2006, 00:33

Omega_Destroyer wrote:Also has a chance to kill with a hit in Baldur's Gate 2 if I remember correctly.
Baldur's Gate 1 and 2 use D&D rules, so yes.

Go to advanced search