Search found 83 matches

by atma6
03 Mar 2007, 21:59
Forum: Heroes V-VI
Topic: Best Level 25 Academy Heroe???
Replies: 15
Views: 5738

I've been playing the Academy for awhile now, and I've never been as successful as when I switched to using three magic schools. All schools are open to the Wizards because of their library, but I generally always have Summoning, then the other two are just the next two I'm offered. Sorcery is reall...
by atma6
03 Mar 2007, 21:27
Topic: What Needs to be Balanced
Views: 4938

What Needs to be Balanced

What aspects of the game do you guys think still needs to be balanced? I think, after it is fixed of course, Runes need to be balanced, as well as the Warlock Racial. My list (what I can think of off the top of my head) would be: -Rune nerf -Dungeon Racial add on (make it interesting like they did w...
by atma6
28 Feb 2007, 18:43
Topic: !!! New Fortres tactic, or a copy of the old one? !!!
Replies: 18
Views: 6209

Sorry for the double post, but I didn't see JJ's post. It is overpowering, because even though the dragons are slow that doesn't stop the hero for throwing out Armegedon after Armegedon. And this is hardly Nival's way of compensating for the slowness of the Fire Dragon; if it was their intention, it...
by atma6
28 Feb 2007, 18:37
Topic: !!! New Fortres tactic, or a copy of the old one? !!!
Replies: 18
Views: 6209

It is cheap, and it should be removed from the game, or be hard to get. The only change to the argument is now we know that Nival didn't intend to get rid of it, or they did with the Black Dragons and forgot about it. It is less an admission from them that it is an exceptable strategy, then it is an...
by atma6
28 Feb 2007, 18:15
Topic: About bone dragons & wights
Replies: 32
Views: 8373

As people have said, Bone Dragons and Wights are rather underpowered, but, they need to be. If they increased their power than other units or abilities for the Necromancers would need to be nerfed. It is a shame that their other units are so strong and useful that their top two have to take the hit,...
by atma6
28 Feb 2007, 18:12
Topic: Training in 2.1 opinions
Views: 5387

This change only makes the Haven weaker comparatively to before; it by no means weakens the faction. It is the best way to vary the Haven strategy. Now if you are up against the Haven you aren't guaranteed to run into a swarm of Marksmen and a few other troops. Now you have to deal with Inquisitors ...
by atma6
20 Nov 2006, 18:11
Forum: News
Topic: Another Review of Heroes of Might and Magic 5
Replies: 47
Views: 10774

Another Review of Heroes V

I agree with QD, right now the new Zelda game is getting bashed for not being different enough too.
by atma6
17 Nov 2006, 15:44
Topic: Hypnotise + Dwarf units
Replies: 11
Views: 2823

Well considering how powerful the non-rune abilities the Dwarves have, I don't really mind them being trumped by a dark mage.
by atma6
16 Nov 2006, 19:18
Topic: Your favorite Multiplayer Haven Hero?
Replies: 12
Views: 3737

I'm voting for Vittorio he can be a monster with his balista.
by atma6
15 Nov 2006, 17:47
Topic: Playground of the gods...WOW!
Replies: 24
Views: 12952

Fury of the Elements is a great map, but unfortunately Sylvan is the only faction I can't stand playing so I had to stop.
by atma6
12 Nov 2006, 05:21
Topic: A suggestion about Wasp Swarm
Replies: 24
Views: 4767

I hate to say it, but I agree with DL. Its not buffing the spell thats unbalancing, its buffing a spell a level 1 unit uses and thus making it far more useful. As a hero Wasp Swarm is rarely a good option, thus giving it a boost seems like a good idea, but the fact that Sprites can use it completely...
by atma6
05 Nov 2006, 21:21
Topic: Dwarves fire pet lizard...
Replies: 59
Views: 10496

You can toast the Magmas with everything except Fireball and Armageddon, for example a simple Ice or Lightning Bolt. It's a bit like Inferno in H3 going Efreetogeddon. True you can take out Magmas with everything but fire spells, but that is hardly the point. Its not like they have a huge weakness ...
by atma6
05 Nov 2006, 19:32

FIRE immune creature a hero with so so spell power no bonus damage additional creatures that may make creatures more vulnerable against fire damage but will be victim to Armageddon as well and lastly a certain very intersting ability that - if on board (!) - will make the casting of Armageddon VERY...
by atma6
05 Nov 2006, 19:27
Topic: Your favorite Multiplayer Dungeon Hero?
Replies: 38
Views: 9401

Yeah, but early and midgame are far more important.
by atma6
05 Nov 2006, 17:42

I don't even want to mention Armageddon here (but fact is, you will easily be able to run around with your Magmas or even Fires and cast Armageddon like hell), but every Dwarven hero may become a nightmare with the Fireball spell I have no problem with nerfing the dragongeddon with the Dungeon, bec...
by atma6
04 Nov 2006, 21:03
Topic: Resurrection 1.3
Replies: 30
Views: 6643

Well I don't think he gets it because raise dead is not a dark magic. Was that changed in the mod as well.
by atma6
27 Oct 2006, 16:46
Topic: Sparkling Fountain
Replies: 7
Views: 2704

Hey a Sweeney Todd quote...YAY!

But on topic, yeah I do think that this building is less than useful for the price. Its like the sacrificial pit, but it is out of the way and not necessary to build. I've never personally wasted resources building it, but then again, I rarely play as Sylvan.
by atma6
24 Oct 2006, 18:12
Topic: Which faction has the best assortment of Heroes?
Replies: 21
Views: 5854

Yeah I'm trying not to include Campaign heroes, but if I did Findan would be really up there.
by atma6
24 Oct 2006, 17:51
Topic: Exporting Heroes
Replies: 1
Views: 913

I think it would be nice with player-made campaigns, or in some special mode where the AI would be given the same ability and the maps you played would compensate for it. Sort of how in AoEIII you had a home city that constantly evolved, but so did the AI's.
by atma6
24 Oct 2006, 17:44
Topic: Which faction has the best assortment of Heroes?
Replies: 21
Views: 5854

I nice heated debate between Haven and Inferno. I find Inferno to have superior heroes, but they also suffer from several weak heroes, while Haven I don't find has a huge strength, but all of their heroes are rather well balanced since Klaus got nerfed.

Go to advanced search