Search found 94 matches

by tumorbane
Jul 24 2006, 3:12
Forum: Heroes V-VI
Topic: Sylvan campaign, map 3
Replies: 26
Views: 5381

Thanks Maltz, but I had the same problem as Campaigner. After tons of saves and reloads, I'm at the point now where I've defeated teal and freed the underground hero, but the other prison is now guarded by 160 titans (yes, I took a long long time). Perhaps this redefines Findan's "invincibility" wit...
by tumorbane
Jul 22 2006, 19:13
Topic: Sylvan campaign, map 3
Replies: 26
Views: 5381

Hmm. Despite numerous strategic tactics, I'm still having tremendous trouble with this map to the point where I'm considering *gasp* playing it on normal.

I'm playing "hard" 1.2. Anyone ever finish it on impossible? If so, how?
by tumorbane
Jul 21 2006, 16:14
Topic: Summon Creatures vs. Caravan
Replies: 45
Views: 7478

I really hated the caravans. The game is much better without them.
by tumorbane
Jul 20 2006, 19:14
Forum: News
Topic: Patch 1.2 Tomorrow
Replies: 38
Views: 6864

puppetmaster and frenzy fixes

thanks. I was just wondering if people had major issues with how the puppetmaster and frenzy spells were as is and I'd missed that argument. I have been thinking it strange that puppetmaster seems to last indefinitely if you cast it on a creature with no enemy retaliation (preventing damage from bre...
by tumorbane
Jul 20 2006, 18:22
Forum: News
Topic: Patch 1.2 Tomorrow
Replies: 38
Views: 6864

Could someone expound on the fixes to the puppet master and frenzy spells? What was wrong with them before and how are they different?
by tumorbane
Jul 20 2006, 17:30
Topic: Warlock Campaign - Mission 2: Finding Asha's Tear
Replies: 3
Views: 2228

I'm pretty sure that's where it was in my game as well. (v 1.1, hard)
by tumorbane
Jul 18 2006, 16:47
Topic: HoMM V tracking well
Replies: 21
Views: 3214

I'm pleasantly stunned with the #5 ranking. Ubisoft is no Blizzard, but I think they did listen to the fans to a large degree. Regardless, I'm sure most of us would love to see a few expansions and then a Heroes VI so we should all root for their success.
by tumorbane
Jul 2 2006, 5:28
Topic: Dungeon 2 - Where's The Red Key/Tan Gate? + General
Replies: 10
Views: 3668

"There is a 'Tan' Key Tent and a 'Tan' Gate that takes you to the upper level and there is also a 'Red' Gate on the upper level but No 'Red' Tent Master was ever implemented into the map!!!!!! The Red Gate has nothing to do with winning the map so ignore it... " -- Really? Where is this tan gate the...
by tumorbane
Jun 26 2006, 21:20
Topic: Raise Dead Memory Leaks?
Replies: 8
Views: 1929

slow down

My computer also blows away the minimum specs, and my only slowdown so far has been on that same battle. I figured it was just thinking really hard because I know I was. Maybe it was the liches and the archmages though, and there were plenty of raise dead spells cast.
by tumorbane
Jun 13 2006, 14:26
Topic: Inferno Campaign, Map 3: The Conquest
Replies: 62
Views: 21443

kudos to Rapier

and his unnamed flatmate. On hard 1.1 it went well last night. The key was waiting to take the 1st elf town as mentioned on week 2 day 1. Then, my little twist was I had my succubi sit out the battle with the mages, because I knew I'd need them for the ensuing fight with the earth elementals (who ha...
by tumorbane
Jun 12 2006, 17:43
Topic: Inferno Campaign, Map 3: The Conquest
Replies: 62
Views: 21443

this map

I am quite the HIII veteran, and found everything up to this map fairly boring, but I officially gave up on this map on "hard" last night and breezed through it on normal. I'm looking forward to getting home tonight and trying out Rapier's recommendations. Finishing this map on "heroic" is truly imp...
by tumorbane
Jun 8 2006, 14:05
Topic: How presence of the SNOW in game is crittical for you ?
Replies: 18
Views: 3663

no snow=good

I never liked the snow. It makes a bad glare.
by tumorbane
Jun 7 2006, 19:30
Topic: Bugs in HV...
Replies: 196
Views: 51873

thanks

Thanks for the quick replies. Interesting that spell can be cast at relatively low level even though it's more powerful than a level 5 spell in HIII.
by tumorbane
Jun 7 2006, 18:08
Topic: Bugs in HV...
Replies: 196
Views: 51873

Bug?

Didn't see this one mentioned yet. Apologies if it is. Regarding hat spell "phantom copy" or something like that, seems the equivalent of the old heroes III "clone": sometimes those stacks are "missed" because of their incorporeal nature. I'm not sure if that's intended or not. If so, then the spell...

Go to advanced search