Search found 94 matches

by tumorbane
Nov 27 2006, 16:11
Forum: Heroes V-VI
Topic: Favorite Fortress creature?
Replies: 49
Views: 8698

Re: Favorite Fortress creature?

I would've rather they nerfed the dragon and made it the 6 and strenghtened the warlord and made it the 7, but otherwise I think the units make sense. They're all dwarves? Well, it's a dwarf town. sheesh.
by tumorbane
Nov 27 2006, 15:37
Topic: Trouble on the final mission of HoF Campaign 2
Replies: 9
Views: 2778

Re: Trouble on the final mission of HoF Campaign 2

To answer one of your questions, yes you have to defeat him (?Lazlo). I did it last night a more defensive way. In the field, he crushed me but I tried again and lured him to attack me in my castle. Given that I had the Tear with it's various upgrades, rune magic, and the simple advantage of being i...
by tumorbane
Nov 21 2006, 16:51
Topic: Caravan convert
Replies: 18
Views: 2822

It's a bit late but still very good news. Now I hope they'll keep it in future games, and make it available from the beginning. Could someone describe how it works exactly? I'm still laughing about the group hug. The way it works now is that in your castle you have the option of buying from other c...
by tumorbane
Nov 20 2006, 17:21
Topic: Caravan convert
Replies: 18
Views: 2822

Caravan convert

As a Heros III purist with a disdain for all things H IV, I groaned when I heard caravans were being introduced into HoF. However, after playing with them for a few days I must admit changing my tune. They're a nice feature as they exist now.
by tumorbane
Nov 17 2006, 20:13
Topic: Buying Hammers of Fate?
Replies: 45
Views: 7873

bought it. Played first scenario of first campaign last night. Enjoyable. Jury still out on how great it is, but I'll pay $30 every time to encourage them to continue this series.
by tumorbane
Nov 16 2006, 19:00
Topic: 1.4 problems, post yours here!
Replies: 117
Views: 15448

I also ran into this, though I was able to split out a single creature to switch the neutrals with. Ditto. I also ran into something weird last night....don't know if it has been reported already. My secondary hero was in a battle with a necromancer who had superior troops. Instead of firing at my ...
by tumorbane
Nov 15 2006, 20:27
Topic: Official - Hammers of Fate Has been Released
Replies: 66
Views: 11384

no way im getting it. im not spending $30... maybe for 10 or something, but until then i can live without the expansion. what i really want to see though is a picture of that snow ape already!! You aren't exactly tearing down any stereotypes there. Stop whining and shell out the measly $30. You'll ...
by tumorbane
Oct 18 2006, 15:28
Topic: thats it,im always using@GiveArtifact_Shackles Last Man
Replies: 26
Views: 4779

Fleeing is definitely broken on 1.3. I was playing last night...my main hero attacked the AI's main hero. Late in the battle, it was obvious he had no chance but rather than flee and regroup, he fought to the end. He was a level 25 sorceror and he stated reeling off armageddons late in the battle, s...
by tumorbane
Oct 13 2006, 15:32
Topic: Pendant of mastery!!???
Replies: 13
Views: 7499

Re: Pendant of mastery!!???

I think for Demon Lords, ultimate gating allows Devils to be gated as well. I found that hugely useful once.
by tumorbane
Sep 14 2006, 17:27
Topic: Patch 1.3 is out...
Replies: 61
Views: 16468

What was the "remote control perk?"
by tumorbane
Sep 7 2006, 13:43
Topic: Maahir's Gambit
Replies: 21
Views: 6070

In looking into it more last night I think that's just a special ability specific to the Zoltan character. I forget the actual name (spellwringer or something) but it says that every time a spell is cast there is a %chance it can't be cast again (or was it, "removed from the spellbook")...it said th...
by tumorbane
Sep 6 2006, 15:09

There is a necro ability that has a chance of preventing you from casting a spell again that you have already cast that battle. GOW[/quote] Wizardly advice indeed! I wonder what it's called. I have certainly used the sphinx exploit and I assure you, on v1.2, hard there is no way to move quickly enou...
by tumorbane
Sep 5 2006, 16:52

yes, this map is screwed. I have tried it multiple times, all on hard v1.2. As said above, sometimes I get the staff from the water elementals in the haven-like area but I never find another artifact and usually after around 2 months it says the enemy has the artifact and I lose. Once this happened ...
by tumorbane
Aug 14 2006, 20:34
Topic: End of campaign question (spoilers)
Replies: 8
Views: 1997

Oh dear, not another bug :bug:. You should have a second battle vs the Sovereign, and after that, the campaign ends. When you say a second battle you mean the battle after his shield is down right? So a total of 8 "battles" vs. the Sovereign (each hero taking down his shield, then each hero taking ...
by tumorbane
Aug 14 2006, 18:45
Topic: End of campaign question (spoilers)
Replies: 8
Views: 1997

End of campaign question (spoilers)

I have a question about the end of the campaign. I defeated Biara. Then, I defeated the Demon Sovereign with a round of everyone knocking out his magic shield and then a round of all 4 beating him. Then, there was a cutscene where everyone decided to save the Queen. My question is, what should happe...
by tumorbane
Aug 2 2006, 19:49
Topic: The Heroes V Wish List
Replies: 38
Views: 7481

tough to decide but I'll go with changing the underground graphics so it's easier to see what's on the ground without having to twist and turn the camera to peer behind all the big rocks.
by tumorbane
Aug 1 2006, 17:39
Topic: Who has really bought HOMMV?
Replies: 31
Views: 6104

I've always bought all my HOMM games. First time I don't have enough for my money. Stunned that anyone would say that actually. That's how I felt with HIV but certainly not now. Preordered mine and got it day of release. Have been waiting many many years for a decent Heroes game (besided WOG).
by tumorbane
Jul 27 2006, 20:40
Topic: Sylvan campaign: Archipelago
Replies: 14
Views: 3236

thanks Maltz. Winning all those battles with a small force and ressurecting over and over was getting tedious and I didn't want to traipse all over that map for nothing.
by tumorbane
Jul 27 2006, 20:03
Topic: Sylvan campaign: Archipelago
Replies: 14
Views: 3236

achipelago (spoilers)

I just finished this map. 2 questions. The first one, I think is a dumb question. There's no way to really save Tieru right? Right. The only reason why I ask is that it gave me an "objective failed" and a red x on the objective list that made me wonder if it would've actually made a difference if I ...
by tumorbane
Jul 25 2006, 17:36
Topic: Sylvan campaign, map 3
Replies: 26
Views: 5381

damn tumorbane!!! 160 titans, that will take some killing!! i would guess that you maybe took a smidge too long dare i ask what week/month you are in? That was in the midst of month 5. Last night, I finally finished the mission. I restarted in a slightly earlier save when there was a mere 120 titan...

Go to advanced search