Search found 94 matches

by tumorbane
Jun 22 2007, 14:08
Forum: Heroes V-VI
Topic: Will the ToE AI be less dumb??
Replies: 130
Views: 15138

You're just being lazy obviously... :devious:[/quote] Well, yeah. Maybe I should try again now that I've updated my RAM. Still, I just liked the HIII common method of popup text on certain days or when you encountered something. That was very easy to do and led to nice storytelling. I read about a m...
by tumorbane
Jun 21 2007, 2:20

[/quote]

Don't forget a "rockin'" map editor ...[/quote]

Amen brother. Honestly, I used to love making an occasional map for my wife...with a lot of inside jokes, etc. It was simple and impressive (to her at least). I just can't do with with HV.
by tumorbane
Jun 20 2007, 20:10
Topic: Selling artifacts in ToE
Replies: 8
Views: 1813

They've had that in previous Heroes games. If they want to upgrade to fancy H5, they should not only allow you to sell artifacts in your marketplace but also ship them via caravan to your other castles or allies' castles.
by tumorbane
Jun 20 2007, 19:50
Topic: Your alternate music to the factions in H5
Replies: 28
Views: 4163

Much of the LOTR soundtrack works great for playing Haven.

Good thread. Since H2 I have always turned off the music and played my own CD's.
by tumorbane
Jun 20 2007, 19:27

Thanks. Honestly, I can't imagine ever getting tired of a Heros series if the AI/gameplay was good and they kept coming up with good new maps/scanarios/campaigns. Updating the graphics every few years is fine, and adding a new monster here and there is cool, but the focus should be on AI, gameplay, ...
by tumorbane
Jun 19 2007, 16:33

I get that, TT. I don't pretend to know how many calculations are made in HV vs. these other better looking games, nor can I offer any excuse as to why with 1GB RAM clicking "Save" creates a 15 second delay and makes the computer start to give off heat. I was just sharing that more RAM does indeed o...
by tumorbane
Jun 19 2007, 15:12

I have 1024 mb of ram which is MORE THAN ENOUGH to run this game as I can run much better games (about graphics and AI) perfectly. Interesting thread. In a "H6" thread a few months ago, I argued that I'd much prefer H6 just to work better/have better AI than a million new monsters/towns (that would...
by tumorbane
May 13 2007, 18:51
Forum: Mapmaking Guild
Topic: noob custom icon question. Please help
Replies: 4
Views: 1789

hmm. can't seem to figure out how to change the color depth with photoshop. It just has "RGB" checked.
by tumorbane
May 12 2007, 21:35
Forum: Mapmaking Guild
Topic: noob custom icon question. Please help
Replies: 4
Views: 1789

noob custom icon question. Please help

Made my share of HIII maps, but just now trying HV ones....

When I want to put in custom icons for heros, it needs .tgt file (I can do that) but I get an error saying that "texture format needs to be 128 X 128 X 32." What does this mean and how do I do that? I use adobe photoshop. thanks.
by tumorbane
Feb 23 2007, 21:34
Topic: Very disappointed the Game
Replies: 7
Views: 1949

This was my biggest complaint too. Does 2.1 help?
by tumorbane
Feb 21 2007, 2:36
Topic: HoMM6 gameplay discusion
Replies: 95
Views: 22134

Sure. The problem is the companies always will be driven by cash flow, so they will always rush the games to market, especially now in the modern era of high-speed downloadable patches. I might have found an H4 with another year to germinate playable. Let's compromise. Have HVI come out my way in '0...
by tumorbane
Feb 20 2007, 15:16

Well, looks like we've found some common ground. I think the biggest difference is that you are more of an idealist and I am a realist (pessimist?). Of the grand changes that have been suggested, many of them would be exciting. The problem is, why does anyone have confidence that the game will be co...
by tumorbane
Feb 19 2007, 21:37

Re: H 6

Yes, everything I want for HVI COULD be done in an expansion, but realistically, no one's going to put in the time for that much new content without full retail prices. And yes, if there's a game I love (and HIII definitely met that criteria), I would rather see continued new maps and minor tweaks/e...
by tumorbane
Feb 19 2007, 20:50

So you want an add-on and a better AI... my bad. If you want to oversimplify it as such, then call it a massive add-on with better AI. I don't think it's fair to call something with a full campaign, lots of maps, and notable improvements "just an add-on." Look at the evolution of Warcraft. Natural....
by tumorbane
Feb 19 2007, 19:06

So basicaly you want an add-on? Well, it would be nice if it was a little more than that but not too much more. Ie. rather than a whole new spell system, just add some spells. Improve the graphics. More artifacts. New neutral monsters. Most importantly, improve the gameplay. Wouldn't we all just li...
by tumorbane
Feb 16 2007, 17:41

H 6

If you have a game you like, why change it so dramatically? This is what has hurt the franchaise so much. HIII was so popular because it was just a natural progression/improvement of HII, not a radical deviation. The problems with radical changes are: increased learning curve, loss of balance, AI is...
by tumorbane
Dec 21 2006, 17:43
Topic: A Rouge like town
Replies: 10
Views: 2712

Re: A Rouge like town

Majkel wrote:
tier 5 to 7 no idea

Make tier 7 giant ape. That way when they go up against fortress we can have King Kongs vs. Godzillas
by tumorbane
Nov 30 2006, 20:36
Forum: Might and Magic
Topic: very noob question about controllers
Replies: 2
Views: 2081

Mouse and keyboard remain the most useful controllers for any first-person game. I found the key mappings to be convenient and consistent with other popular games. I don't know if the game could support any gamepad, but I don't see how it could be convenient. Oh good, that's a relief. I was worried...
by tumorbane
Nov 30 2006, 20:28
Forum: Might and Magic
Topic: very noob question about controllers
Replies: 2
Views: 2081

very noob question about controllers

I have a nice PC but also an X-box and X-box 360, so as a result, I don't think I've played a FPS on my PC since the Doom era, but I'm very tempted to get Dark Messiah based on the reviews. With Dark Messiah, what contollers do people generally use? Can people effectively just use the mouse and keyb...
by tumorbane
Nov 30 2006, 20:20
Topic: Trouble on the final mission of HoF Campaign 2
Replies: 9
Views: 2778

Re: Trouble on the final mission of HoF Campaign 2

Yes, the free defenders were quite nice. Good to see I'm not the only wimp who ran back to hide in the castle. Beating that army in the field would be most impressive, but I'm sure I'd have to restart the whole map to have a prayer at that, and I'm skeptical I could even do it.

Go to advanced search