Search found 94 matches

by tumorbane
Oct 22 2007, 15:08
Forum: Heroes V-VI
Topic: Circle of the Netherworld
Replies: 8
Views: 2083

Circle of the Netherworld

I don't think I had ever used that spell until this necro campaign. Now, I'm using it on 75% of my hero's turns. Just a weird observation.
by tumorbane
Oct 19 2007, 17:18
Topic: So how do you think it will sell to new players?
Replies: 5
Views: 1131

So how do you think it will sell to new players?

ToE is not only a stand-alone product. It actually says "stand alone product" right there on the box. In addition to that, it seems to run faster. When you click on an enemy it tells you the "threat level." I can't imagine that's anything beneficial to a die-hard Heroes fan and seems directed to new...
by tumorbane
Oct 18 2007, 16:40
Topic: A bug (here we go again)...
Replies: 21
Views: 3637

Re: A bug (here we go again)...

Assume you're talking about ToE. Played a few hours last night...had it "on" for at least six hours. No problems (other than the battle griffin rush bug mentioned elsewhere). Actually seemed to run much more smoothly than HoF.
by tumorbane
Oct 18 2007, 13:07
Topic: TOTE Campaign Level limitations/Carryovers
Replies: 3
Views: 1230

Re: TOTE Campaign Level limitations/Carryovers

No, but it's a very good question. In the first game, I think I got to level 20 and it didn't cap. With the female fallen knight (Ornella?) I think that capped at level 13. I presume she'll keep her spells but don't know yet.
by tumorbane
Oct 16 2007, 16:04
Topic: Tribe o t East is out.
Replies: 22
Views: 12042

never mind. I called. It will be available wednesday. For some reason I doubt that if Germany had won WWII the US wouldn't be getting the coolest video games a week earlier than them.
by tumorbane
Oct 15 2007, 14:16
Topic: Tribe o t East is out.
Replies: 22
Views: 12042

so....anyone in the US have it yet? Was bummed Gamestop didn't call me over the weekend...guess it's not in yet.
by tumorbane
Oct 12 2007, 14:29
Topic: TotE - Dwarves
Replies: 30
Views: 7264

Omega_Destroyer wrote:Agreed. They are very similar to Genies, Hell Hounds, Blood Maidens, Skeleton Archers, Archers, and Pixies when it comes to being targeted.

War Dancers, not pixies, but your point is correct.
by tumorbane
Sep 13 2007, 17:28
Topic: Wrong Hero build...
Replies: 30
Views: 4448

I played the Dwarf campaign and won it without fireball OR ignite. So... maybe you just need to try an alternate strategy? Same here. I have actually never had ignite. IIRC, I had light magic for the dwarf campaign. Not ideal, but it worked. One of the things I like best about H5 is the replay valu...
by tumorbane
Sep 6 2007, 16:32
Topic: HoF Custom Map Recommendations
Replies: 10
Views: 3056

played Mythryyn's "Fury of the Elements" this weekend. Very good.
by tumorbane
Sep 3 2007, 15:43
Forum: Campfire
Topic: It's an Orc!
Replies: 104
Views: 21158

Agreed. Breast is best, but that doesn't work out for everyone (like us). Regardless, even those who breastfeed sometimes pump and have daddy do some feeds via the bottle.
by tumorbane
Sep 1 2007, 0:53
Forum: Campfire
Topic: It's an Orc!
Replies: 104
Views: 21158

Congrats. Had a baby myself in May. Heroes is the best game to play while holding a baby. With the long AI turns, there is a lot of good quality time. Make sure you buy a long enough bottle so you can balance the bottom of it with your cheek while feeding and still see the screen.
by tumorbane
Aug 23 2007, 15:21
Topic: Legends of the Ancients and Lot A
Replies: 7
Views: 1854

But then again... Read the readme file, please ! You stole the words from my mouths. I don't understand... why is it so difficult to read the readme... It's like crying "wolf." A lot of readme files don't say anything important, so a lot of people get in the habit of not reading them. This time the...
by tumorbane
Aug 8 2007, 18:29
Forum: Mapmaking Guild
Topic: Heroes V Legends of the Ancients
Replies: 305
Views: 198569

Great job so far....enjoying it very much. Only have encountered one minor bug. In the mission where you give the bag of endless gold to a seer's hut, it stayed in my inventory after doing so. That wasn't a bad thing for me obviously, but I'm not sure if it was intentional.
by tumorbane
Aug 7 2007, 15:19
Topic: General LotA thread-Thoughts and opinions thus far.
Replies: 50
Views: 12758

Very interesting Marz. Thanks. Back on topic, I did this mission last night. I unintentionally utilized the shield guard exploit....was heading Solymr up to retake the dwarf town when lysander pursued. I ended up keeping Solymr in the fortress all mission and Lysander kept on with endless sieges tha...
by tumorbane
Aug 6 2007, 16:29
Topic: General LotA thread-Thoughts and opinions thus far.
Replies: 50
Views: 12758

Mission 3, Woah, now that's a difficulty level. First week try 1-Lysander comes up, kills Solmyr. Okee dokie, lets try something different. First week try 2- Lysander kills Emilia. Hmmm can we rush him? First week try 3- Lysander kills emilia. Guess that doesn't work. That's a general problem I hav...
by tumorbane
Jul 31 2007, 14:33
Topic: Help needed for HoF mission 5, campaign 2 "Laszlo"
Replies: 19
Views: 3486

Well, that's not really a fair dismissal of HIII. Sure there are some spells that are really overpowering....expert levels of dimension door, town portal, and even slow, but a "might hero" usually could still have enough magic to stay afloat. In HIII if you had the fastest creature in your army, you...
by tumorbane
Jul 30 2007, 20:00
Topic: Help needed for HoF mission 5, campaign 2 "Laszlo"
Replies: 19
Views: 3486

I didn't notice that the Armageddon is a fire damage spell? I thought it was earth damage, so my ignite ability won't work... Thanks for the tips Loran! Obviously someone who never had to compose an army of efreet and fire elementals to conquer a hero weilding Armageddon's Blade.... (a great moment...
by tumorbane
Jul 20 2007, 17:06
Topic: toe in chinajoy..
Replies: 15
Views: 6143

Now that I know there are gaming conventions in China with Heroes V fans and scantily clad hot babes, I am warm all over realizing that we (Americans like me, Europeans like many here, and now Asians) are all not so different after all. Maybe someday soon they'll stop poisoning our dog food and star...
by tumorbane
Jul 1 2007, 17:33
Topic: Noob question
Replies: 14
Views: 2719

I upgraded my RAM to 2.0 GB and that helped a lot with respect to how long the AI's turns were taking.
by tumorbane
Jun 28 2007, 3:56
Topic: Buglist
Replies: 142
Views: 146799

another bug

HOF 2.1 Dwarf campaign. I think mission 2 "The ambush" I think it's called. Completed objectives of taking the castle, flagging the dwarf generators, and the secondary objective of flagging all gold mines. Problem is the next objective is to repel the attack....but it never comes. I waited it out fo...

Go to advanced search