Search found 51 matches

by Mirage
02 Jun 2006, 00:19
Forum: Heroes V-VI
Topic: Too many non-retaliation units?
Replies: 90
Views: 20341

If you say so. Inferno are, by far, one of the stronger factions in the game. Just because people here have the opinion that it is not does not mean that it isnt (and likewise, just because my opinion is that it is, does not make it so). In saying learn to play, I am saying very simply that people ...
by Mirage
01 Jun 2006, 21:01

Devils too slow? Maybe. Inferno as a whole underpowered? Learn to play. While I am not saying that Inferno is underpowered it is my opinion that they are the weakest faction. Main reason is that they rely so heavily on one unit. I think Succubi should be nerfed a bit while horned demons/pit fiends ...
by Mirage
01 Jun 2006, 18:24
Topic: What is the WEAKEST town in the game?
Replies: 107
Views: 26604

I voted Inferno as the weakest town. IMO their succubi need to be toned down a bit, but their horned demons, pit fiends, and devils need some initiative/speed inscrease. Inferno has to rely on Succubi so much that if they are neutralized the battle is over. Meanwhile the horned demons and pit fiends...
by Mirage
01 Jun 2006, 18:12

One more shooter?! They have spell casting fiends and succubi, both of which affect areas. It would be wiser just to increase the initiative of the fiends. I agree, I think fiends need a higher initiative, I'm lucky to get two turns in with them all battle. Honestly to get a good balance in Inferno...
by Mirage
31 May 2006, 04:50
Topic: Inferno Campaign, Map 3: The Conquest
Replies: 62
Views: 27851

You think that's bad, I ended up having 70 dragons, 200+ treants, 1.8K sprites, 500+master hunters, 400+ Elder druids etc.... He still had an army with 55 or so dragons so it took me that long to get a good enough lead over him to take him out while he cowered in his castle. I just kept the next tur...
by Mirage
31 May 2006, 00:40

phantom forces is gettable by picking it as the starting bonus of map 2 of the inferno campaign. DL, it's not that i said it was hard, just that is is much more challenging then the missions before it, a big step up in the difficulty rating .... newb's will get stuck here for a bit, til they either...
by Mirage
30 May 2006, 04:11

I see people mentioning phantom force, what is this and how do I get it? Also I don't have mass slow but I can look for master of curses when I lvlup, I have master of pain but mass decay only helps early on before the enemy gets huge stacks of critters. I think I may have to restart this map and se...
by Mirage
30 May 2006, 00:14
Topic: Inferno Campaign, Map 3: The Conquest - bug in map?
Replies: 7
Views: 3125

My objectives seem ok taking the SE town first, but I have a different problem. I think I buggered up on this map by waiting too long. I took the SE sylvan town pretty fast and built up a bit then went after the NW town. Shortly after I took the town I was heading east and ran into Gilraen but I can...
by Mirage
27 May 2006, 22:48
Forum: Modcrafting Guild
Topic: Black Knight Mod
Replies: 106
Views: 53694

Any chance of modding the vamps attack sound effect to be like it was in homm2 (I think that was the one). I really got a kick out of the "BLAH" when the vamp attacks. Maybe it was just me though. :)
by Mirage
27 May 2006, 22:27
Topic: Limited vs Regular
Replies: 23
Views: 6607

I'm from Canada and we have access to the same versions as the US, regular or limited. I chose regular because I already own Heroes 3 and 4 and didn't feel like paying 20 dollars for a soundtrack cd and an aura. I would have enjoyed the european version with homm2 since I lost my cd (still have the ...
by Mirage
27 May 2006, 22:16
Topic: How does HOMMV perform in your machine (pls list your specs)
Replies: 55
Views: 13697

The game runs great on my system. I run it at 1600X1200 (so I don't have to change res from my desktop) high quality, AA on and AF maxed. Eyecandy on as well Specs: P4 dual core 2gb ram ati x800gto2 modded to x850xt pe speeds/bus It run great on my old system but its using a small lcd so lower res 1...

Go to advanced search