Search found 1984 matches

by PhoenixReborn
02 Jun 2006, 04:00
Forum: Heroes V-VI
Topic: Stack Splitting problem
Replies: 5
Views: 2301

Haven't encountered that problem with this game...You wouldn't happen to have any usb devices would you? (I.E. Gamepads) They can sometimes interfere.

P.S. I'm jealous of your vid card.
by PhoenixReborn
02 Jun 2006, 03:57
Topic: Inferno Power-Up Mod Download
Replies: 6
Views: 2283

Neat mod. Thanks. I gave up in disgust early on trying to play the inferno...I've only been playing the multiplayer maps, not the campaign.

Thus far my fav is dungeon, but this might give inferno the boost it needs.
by PhoenixReborn
02 Jun 2006, 03:53
Topic: Official Patch update
Replies: 14
Views: 6374

Hmm, well I go to the oblivion forums often and Bethesda released a 'beta' patch one month ago and have not given any information on the actual patch since. (Fortunately I'm bug free in that game). I'm starting to worry about size. I usually transfer my files from my internet machine to my gaming ma...
by PhoenixReborn
01 Jun 2006, 03:59
Topic: Bought The "Official" Strategy Guide..Isn't that B
Replies: 32
Views: 7758

great. 30 seconds after i order it, i find out the info is from the freaking beta? *sigh*[/quote] Well that's what it says at the genies lamp...nevertheless you still get charts and info which is more than regular manual people have...I've started compiling my own with help from the age of heroes si...
by PhoenixReborn
01 Jun 2006, 02:22
Topic: My impressions of heroes 5
Replies: 3
Views: 1942

I'm with you on the excitement of exploration and the fun of building your hero up. However, my favorite thing is crushing the enemy in a final battle.

There will be more monsters in the expansion so that isn't a great worry, although I don't quite understand your idea. Could you clarify?
by PhoenixReborn
01 Jun 2006, 01:44
Topic: What are these things?
Replies: 31
Views: 7719

I must be misreading what you guys are saying. I just opened my copy of Heroes II and there is certainly not a paper doll figure of the character upon whom (as in IV) you equip artifacts. There are however many slots under the monster slots. There is not distinction between having more than one shie...
by PhoenixReborn
01 Jun 2006, 01:38
Topic: Bought The "Official" Strategy Guide..Isn't that B
Replies: 32
Views: 7758

My original feeling was to get it as an actual manual. Upon reading that the information is incorrect because it's from the beta I decided not to bother. Also, the patch may change things. Why did they need to have a strategy guide done prior to release?
by PhoenixReborn
30 May 2006, 17:40
Topic: I quit!
Replies: 22
Views: 5545

I find best results if I press home and then zoom out. I agree that zooming all the way out is more laggy, but zooming one notch in should be about right.
by PhoenixReborn
30 May 2006, 16:56
Topic: I quit!
Replies: 22
Views: 5545

I saw heroes IV in the 9.99 section in best buy in the states.

Top down view works best with zooming in to pick things up.
by PhoenixReborn
30 May 2006, 16:52
Topic: give us youre grade!
Replies: 33
Views: 10848

I'm probably opening a can of worms here but why can't a 'professional' website re-review a game after an expansion or patch? Obviously we don't need updates on every single little thing, but an expansion incorporating all the fixes and new content would be quite worthy of re-review... Which leads t...
by PhoenixReborn
30 May 2006, 16:47
Topic: no patch yet?
Replies: 46
Views: 13729

My favorite is definitely the heroes II blah vamp. I'm not crazy about the sword but otherwise I like the design in V. The reason I thought they were overpowered is because on two seperate maps I've been assaulted by the necromancer and killed everything except the vamps who keep regenerating themse...
by PhoenixReborn
30 May 2006, 01:38

My patch priority

My patch priority list is as follows: 1. Bugs, glitches where the game messes up...see Gaidal Cain's sticky...this includes missing text and inaccessible warlock skills. 2. Optimization...my computer can run oblivion fine but has lag like hell no matter what graphics setting. This is probably my own...
by PhoenixReborn
29 May 2006, 19:44
Topic: Likes and dislikes...
Replies: 16
Views: 4199

Blocking arrows

All the creatures angle their shots over the walls, why not angle them over intervening units? That's not really a major issue for me, that you cannot block ranged attacks with meat shields. My random thought is that I can beat campaign and scenario maps but I keep getting destroyed on multiplayer m...
by PhoenixReborn
29 May 2006, 15:17
Topic: Week of...
Replies: 28
Views: 6645

And the reviews say nival wasn't innovative.

I think it adds a nice random factor which might affect what you are building and when you do certain things.
by PhoenixReborn
28 May 2006, 13:38
Topic: VERY ANNOYING
Replies: 16
Views: 4862

When I am fighting battles I like to zoom in one notch from max. This allows me to see the whole field but not cut off any squares. I have not yet had aiming problems. On the adventure map I cruise in overhead and zoom in to look around when there might be resources or artifacts and then I zoom back...
by PhoenixReborn
28 May 2006, 03:56

http://www.celestialheavens.com/viewpage.php?id=1148128468 They lied. Are you taking personal offence? So, some guy went on a forum and posted that it would come out and it didn't, hardly an offical announcement. Have you never missed a homework assignment? I don't mean to jump all over you but I'm...
by PhoenixReborn
28 May 2006, 02:54
Topic: How does HOMMV perform in your machine (pls list your specs)
Replies: 55
Views: 14077

3.0 Pentium 4 with hyperthreading 1 gb ram ddr400 dual channel x700 256 mb I've been playing 1024x768 with high settings. I tried setting the graphics down to normal but it made no difference. My game is pretty laggy. It feels very slow. I'm not sure what I can do to improve it. I haven't really exp...
by PhoenixReborn
28 May 2006, 02:43

Patience! Honestly, the game was literally just released. Here in the United States I picked it up Thursday morning and have only been playing it for three days. I realize that Europe had it one week earlier. Nevertheless, with patches would you rather they fix as much as possible in one shot or rel...
by PhoenixReborn
27 May 2006, 12:54
Topic: This is a manual?
Replies: 85
Views: 20507

No seriously, are the russian and french manuals more detailed? I haven't finished the haven campaign but I'm doubting they go into detail about the ultimate racial powers. If it wasn't for the internet I certainly would not know they exist. There is one line in the manual but certainly no skill cha...
by PhoenixReborn
26 May 2006, 03:01
Topic: It's here!
Replies: 66
Views: 17486

Picked up a copy this morning here in the United States. :)

I like the game very much, similar to H II etc... a worthy addition.

My only complaint is that it feels slow. Perhaps that is my unfamiliarity with the game. Oh well I'm off to play.

Go to advanced search