Search found 48 matches

by Arstahd
21 Jun 2006, 18:40
Forum: Modcrafting Guild
Topic: How do I re-pak a moded file into the data.pak???
Replies: 7
Views: 25337

Leave the original PAK files alone, there is no need to change them. The game will read and use any new PAK files that are placed in the same folder. To create a new PAK file you just need to archive your modded files into ZIP format (make sure to keep the file structure). Then just rename the exten...
by Arstahd
19 Jun 2006, 08:00
Topic: Dark Knights Mod
Replies: 18
Views: 30853

will try asap thx for your work doom reaper is a bit tough with deadly strike AND harm touch... I gave it both simply because I could (it was set up to properly animate the Harm Touch). I figured that Harm Touch would so very rarely be the better option to use that its addition was negligable, most...
by Arstahd
19 Jun 2006, 06:53
Topic: Dark Knights Mod
Replies: 18
Views: 30853

Dark Knights Mod

I've reworked my original Black Knight Mod into a fully functional and polished new version. This version replaces the graphics of the Necromancer's Wight and Wraith with those of dark knights. Stats have been tweaked some, but abilities have not been changed. The Blood Knight, like the Wight has no...
by Arstahd
14 Jun 2006, 07:57
Forum: Heroes V-VI
Topic: Thoughts on the underground terrain?
Replies: 11
Views: 3460

It really is beautiful and realistinc.You simply have to love it!Until you realisie you have to spin your camera like crazy every two minutes.Then you have to hate it! :disagree: Exactly. While it looks nice, I absolutely HATE the underground. It's so hard to actually see or do anything because of ...
by Arstahd
10 Jun 2006, 18:11
Topic: Black Knight
Replies: 4
Views: 4515

Can't you post in the existing thread? ;| He probably couldn't find it since it's been moved to the fairly obscure Mapmaking Guild forum. If all mod discussion is to be shooed to that corner of the Round Table, I feel that a name change is in order. As to the Peasant icon problem, it seems that som...
by Arstahd
04 Jun 2006, 15:57
Topic: Black Knight Mod
Replies: 106
Views: 53682

Arstahd, what settings do I have to use...do I have to uncheck "Include when saving" ? It sounds like you're refering to DXTbmp right? Leave "Include when saving" checked, the default settings are fine. Did you "Reload after Edit" under the Image tab? What exactly is t...
by Arstahd
03 Jun 2006, 20:43

Arstahd,could you help me a little bit ? I'm trying to make my own mini-mod which involves creating a DDS file. What did you use when you created the new gargoyle skin ?? Photoshop with nVIDIA DDS plug-in? If so, could you tell me what settings u used ? While I do have Photoshop, I haven't reloaded...
by Arstahd
03 Jun 2006, 16:41

Yeah, I didn't edit the building texts, they still say they build Wights and Wraiths and not the Knights. I'm almost done with a new version that is more comprehensive and balanced. I found a way to give Necro two knights, neither of which will have the overpowered Deadly Strike ability, while leavi...
by Arstahd
02 Jun 2006, 14:08

Ok Ive archived it as a zip file, and it no longer crashes. But I'm still getting wrights instead of knights. Strange... Did you: 1) Start a new game? Changes won't appear when continuing a saved game. 2) Archive the three folders inside the Black Knight Mod folder and not the Black Knight Mod fold...
by Arstahd
01 Jun 2006, 11:41

mongerman wrote:I'm using winrar
That's what I use. You are archiving as ZIP not RAR right? What settings are you using? Are you storing relative paths?
by Arstahd
31 May 2006, 16:19
Topic: New Devil teleport-far Mod!
Replies: 55
Views: 12567

This is easy.

Just edit the speed parameter in: data\GameMechanics\Creature\Creatures\Inferno\Devil.xdb

The above path may not be exactly correct, but it should be close enough to find the correct file in data.pak.

This is the simplest of mods and should be doable by anyone able to use notepad.
by Arstahd
31 May 2006, 14:04

mongerman wrote:hmmm your method of making a zip file comprising of the 3 files and renaming it to.pak causes the game to crash at startup...
I've currently got four mods installed using this technique with no problems. What are you using to zip the files? Anyone else having trouble?
by Arstahd
30 May 2006, 05:48
Topic: Gargoyle Mod
Replies: 47
Views: 27384

Mod is complete, check the first post for new pics and the DL link.
by Arstahd
29 May 2006, 15:22

Almost done, just some minor tweaking to do. Sorry about the delay, it's been a busy few days.
by Arstahd
29 May 2006, 15:19

so i need to use winrar to open data.pak, then unzip the above mentioned files into the mod folder? No, no reason to do that. The reason that it wasn't working was because he didn't start a new game. You can't load a mod that changes game parameters and expect an old save game to work properly. In ...
by Arstahd
28 May 2006, 00:45

Hi the mod doesnt work for me i unzipped the 3 folders on Heroes V/data/ and does not work i unzipped just the main folder (Bk mod) on Heroes V/data/ and does not work!! what can i do? My game language is on spanish,could be that the problem? Here is something that you can try. Look inside the main...
by Arstahd
27 May 2006, 06:45

Re: Can't get this to work

Directory structure looks like: data/black knight mod under /black knight mod is _(model) and Game Mechanics and Textures under _(Model) is Creatures/Necropolis/BlackKnight.(model).xdb under Game Mechanics is Creature and CreatureVisual and TownBuilding (each of those have their directory structure...
by Arstahd
27 May 2006, 01:11

Re: Can't get this to work

I am having the same issue, I can't seem to get this to work, I took everything out of the "Mod" folder and dumped it into the data dir, I also tried keeping everything in the "mod" folder under the data folder, what am I missing? That's strange, the first method that you listed...
by Arstahd
25 May 2006, 05:42

Gargoyle Mod

I figured out how to swap creature models and have re-done the gargoyles. The mod isn't finished quite yet, I still need to create new icon pics, but here is a teaser screenshot for now. http://i19.photobucket.com/albums/b161/Arstahd/Games/Gargoyles02.jpg *** UPDATE *** The mod is finished. Here's a...
by Arstahd
25 May 2006, 00:56

the problem is that the reason of modding in this game will be mostly to turn in reallity all the dreams of the whiners i dont have anything against modding, im not saying "dont mod", but really what piss me off is that the reason of modding are the same reasons of complains -as you see i...

Go to advanced search