Search found 31 matches

by Babri
May 18 2006, 6:20
Forum: Heroes I-IV
Topic: Yet another discussion of the merits of H4
Replies: 52
Views: 12413

And? The point I was trying to make was that just because someone likes a series enough to buy several games from it, it doesn't make him a fan. Here's the first sentence of Wikipedia's entrance on fans: The word fan refers to someone who has an intense, occasionally overwhelming liking of a person...
by Babri
May 17 2006, 14:16
Topic: Archer evolution
Replies: 68
Views: 24997

As mentioned before, the archer from H3 is actually a crossbowman - and was included. The name sais archer.There is a crosbowman in HIII,and it is an upgrade of an archer. AARGH! Must we all get so technical about this?! :wall: A visual comparison would be nice!!! Please add a pic from H4? :beg:
by Babri
May 17 2006, 13:55

As mentioned before, the archer from H3 is actually a crossbowman - and was included.
by Babri
May 17 2006, 13:04
Forum: Heroes V-VI
Topic: Heroes VI creatures proposal
Replies: 199
Views: 30588

Actually, that's just due to a larger threat area, which hasn't much to do with whether they wander or not. I've not seen any creatures act in the way you describe. Then try turning the mobile guards on.It really changes the way you wander the map. I've definitely seen this happen - much to my dism...
by Babri
May 17 2006, 12:18
Topic: Heroes III VS Heroes IV
Replies: 152
Views: 42100

...and by HIV, I do mean Heroes IV. I just read my post and nearly wet myself. ;)
by Babri
May 17 2006, 12:06
Topic: Heroes III VS Heroes IV
Replies: 152
Views: 42100

Loooong comment....

HIV definitely offered more in terms of ease of play. Caravans, daily creature generation and collection of resources without the running around was a huge improvement. Granted, the graphics were a big adjustment, but after playing for a while it definitely grew on me. I am really disappointed that ...
by Babri
May 17 2006, 11:27

Well, as long as we're not discriminating, why not list a pic of the crossbowman from Heroes IV?
by Babri
May 17 2006, 7:08
Topic: EXPERIENCE - HEROES THEN AND NOW
Replies: 11
Views: 4386

I was always under the mistaken impression that I would gain more experience with a small army defeating a much larger one - go figure.
by Babri
May 17 2006, 6:19

So if I'm right, experience works as follows: 1) I get 500xp for capturing a (defended) town 2) I get 500xp for defeating a hero (multiplied by number of heroes in an army) 3) I get xp based on how many creatures I kill (each one has a specific xp value) Do all these rules apply to Heroes IV?
by Babri
May 16 2006, 13:47

Thanks for the info.

However, I am playing Heroes IV at the moment, so it would be interesting to find out how (and if) things have changed.

If I may ask, why haven't you been playing Heroes IV?
by Babri
May 16 2006, 12:09

EXPERIENCE - HEROES THEN AND NOW

:?? 1) I have played Heroes II, III & IV and to this point I have yet to discover how exactly experience is calculated during the course of (or after) a battle. Heroes III was helpful enough, showing exactly how much experience was gained after each level, with Heroes IV not showing anything of ...

Go to advanced search