Search found 31 matches

by Babri
05 Jun 2006, 14:01
Forum: Heroes V-VI
Topic: My music or my Heroes?
Replies: 15
Views: 5100

Open up your Winamp Preferences > Options > General Preferences Slider on the right 'Priority'. Set that to something higher and see if plays okay, if not, increase it one more notch etc. (Should be okay with 'high' or 'normal') EDIT: If you have to go to 'realtime'... don't. Because that would alm...
by Babri
05 Jun 2006, 12:29

I will - I've just downloaded some new stuff and I hate to have to choose between my music and the game!
by Babri
05 Jun 2006, 12:20

Try it on Low settings, see if it works better. Winamp does seem to slow down the computer alot when you play a game at the same time. If it doesn't work try another player, see if it's just Winamp, or the game. I've tried the game on all settings. Funnily enough only Winamp breaks up, the game see...
by Babri
05 Jun 2006, 11:53

I didn't have any problems playing Winamp while HoMM5 was running. Of course on Very Low settings, otherwise both programs lag like hell. P4 2.6; 512 RAM; 6600 GT; Well this is just dumbfounding me. I just upgraded my system, I've installed a brand new HDD and installed just HOMM5 and still, this i...
by Babri
05 Jun 2006, 11:35

i listen to my music while I play heroes and I have no problem ;) Okay, that's great, but tell me the following: 1) System specs 2) You running HOMM5? 3) Are you listening to MP3s or another format? 4) Which player are you using? Well, let's go :lol: 1) Pentium D 3Ghz, Geforce 6600GT, 1GB of Kingst...
by Babri
05 Jun 2006, 11:15

serguma wrote:i listen to my music while I play heroes and I have no problem ;)
Okay, that's great, but tell me the following:
1) System specs
2) You running HOMM5?
3) Are you listening to MP3s or another format?
4) Which player are you using?
by Babri
05 Jun 2006, 06:01

My music or my Heroes?

I'm used to listening to MP3s, no matter what game I play - I just can't do without my music. However, while playing HOMM5 I am unable to do so. A song will start to play on Winamp, but then break up terribly while I'm playing. I'm very sure that this is not my system's doing. I'm running an AMD 320...
by Babri
02 Jun 2006, 06:14
Topic: What is the WEAKEST town in the game?
Replies: 107
Views: 27291

I've only played the Nature and Necromancy angle and Necromancy sucks, as far as I can tell. Raise Archers and Eternal Servitude. Nuff' said. Not quite 'Nuff'... there's another angle, because if that's ALL you do, you still suck as a Necro. With Raise Archers and Eternal Servitude (which is nice, ...
by Babri
01 Jun 2006, 14:10
Topic: What is the WEAKEST town in the game?
Replies: 107
Views: 27291

I've only played the Nature and Necromancy angle and Necromancy sucks, as far as I can tell.
by Babri
30 May 2006, 06:18
Forum: Heroes I-IV
Topic: Heroes III VS Heroes IV
Replies: 152
Views: 59236

Very happy that we could be of help. Why not try Amazon.com? (Here I am, sitting in South Africa and trying to tell an American where to shop).
by Babri
29 May 2006, 06:33

Yeah, I'm pretty sure the external dwellings have only half the growth, so in four weeks you'd only get two blackies instead of the normal (town) four. As for the HoMM IV battlefield, I happen to love it. The line of sight and other additions/changes add great diversity and tactical possibilities. ...
by Babri
29 May 2006, 06:29

Now that i actually went through and read most of the replies on this topic im starting to think that only having heroes III is a bad thing for me and you guys are just about to push me over the edge to buy a new version of heroes..... so if anyone can give me a couple more big details in IV that a...
by Babri
25 May 2006, 14:00
Forum: Screenshots
Topic: Myth Busted
Replies: 84
Views: 29639

Myth Busted

I must admit, it is really amusing watching my girly buds kicking their male counterparts' butts in battle, though it's generally a 50/50 situation. Amazing how different men and women react, especially in combat.
by Babri
22 May 2006, 14:07
Topic: Archer evolution
Replies: 68
Views: 32819

ThunderTitan wrote:Human?

He wanted the Archer, not the Crossbowman/Marksmen. That's why he didn't use this too:

Couldn't see this, but I assume you were referring to the marksman.
by Babri
22 May 2006, 13:54

So if the basic shooter in Haven was a Three-Headed Biclops you wuld put him in this list? You know very well what I meant by that. Oh well then, I must be totally off track as, there I was, thinking that a man, living in a haven, shooting an arrow could be associated with a man, living in a haven,...
by Babri
22 May 2006, 06:08

I guess we disagree. I agree with you. DL probably has his own motivation for not using the IV crossbowman, but the list just doesn't seem complete to me. It's fine if we're splitting hairs, but from a poll point of view, surely one should have the option to vote for the crossbowman - as you mentio...
by Babri
19 May 2006, 06:47
Topic: EXPERIENCE - HEROES THEN AND NOW
Replies: 11
Views: 5685

Thank you! This will be most helpful. Understanding this dynamic will definitely change the way I play.
by Babri
18 May 2006, 09:54
Topic: Yet another discussion of the merits of H4
Replies: 52
Views: 17868

I have no clue.Something over 10 years for sure.
Well, that settles it. You're a fan.
by Babri
18 May 2006, 09:45

This is the first HOMM forum I have ever joined or participated in. I also have never designed a map.

How long have you been playing HOMM?
by Babri
18 May 2006, 09:26

I've never doubted whether Daemian is a fan, but what I'm saying that being a follower of a series isn't the same as being a fan. As for a strict definition, that's something that's very tricky, but fans would tend to do more than just play the game - create maps, discuss the games on forums, etc. ...

Go to advanced search