Search found 30 matches

by Galactygon
Jan 15 2007, 18:25
Forum: Equilibris
Topic: Spell discusions
Replies: 273
Views: 70496

I developed a nice formula for exponential spells. Using a modifier of (Base + (Spell Effect) * (Level^1.Level)) would be better than simply squaring the level (that would be ridiculus). For example, at level 9, assuming you have GM pyromancy, GM sorcery, disintegrate would cause 692 damage (330+33*...
by Galactygon
Jan 14 2007, 23:21
Forum: Modcrafting Guild
Topic: Request a mod for Word of Light/Curse of the Netherworld
Replies: 6
Views: 3365

I have an idea to "reconvert" those spells into something else: Holy Word could be renamed to Divine Intervention and Curse of the Netherworld into Souldrinker (both of these spells existed in the original world). Divine Intervention would: a.) completely dispel all dark magic spells from all haven ...
by Galactygon
Jan 14 2007, 22:58
Forum: Modcrafting Guild
Topic: Raise Dead mod
Replies: 9
Views: 10491

I would like to make a few suggestions about changing this spell: 1.) This spell should be renamed to "Reanimate", since rather than raising(which sounds too close to the word 'resurrecting') the target, you get to reanimate them. After all, undead are simply animated masses of bodies, and formerly ...
by Galactygon
Jun 2 2006, 22:56
Forum: Heroes V-VI
Topic: How to "Fix" Inferno... what would you do?
Replies: 33
Views: 6200

The (arch) devils really need the "no retaliation" ability restored from HoMM3.

I very much miss the efreeti that were present in HoMM3.

-Galactygon
by Galactygon
May 23 2006, 13:44
Topic: Content of the game
Replies: 161
Views: 73622

Unfortunately, only the inferno and haven town themes are present in the demo - hence I heard all of the themes except the two I am looking for. I kept looking for the necropolis and dungeon themes on the net and in the demo, and to my (unpleasant) surprise, didn't find them. As for the music tracks...
by Galactygon
May 22 2006, 4:07
Topic: Content of the game
Replies: 161
Views: 73622

[A bit off-topic]
Does anyone have a link for the dungeon and necropolis themes? I will not buy this game for another few months, by when most bugs will be steamrolled.

I am curious on what they are and would like to hear them.
[/A bit off-topic]

-Galactygon
by Galactygon
May 20 2006, 1:39
Topic: Spell discusions
Replies: 273
Views: 70496

I would like to see some way to raise nonliving creatures such as golems, gargoyles, and undead. My suggestion is rather than introducing a new spell, the spells "animate dead", and "death call" work permanently (rather than until the end of combat) if cast on fallen nonliving creatures. That means ...
by Galactygon
May 15 2006, 23:14
Topic: Ideas for next mods
Replies: 395
Views: 103091

I still maintain that monks should be able to cast beneficial spells in addition to their ranged attack. The ranged attack animation would suffice for the casting animation. Their spells should be: bind wounds, exorcism, bless, celestial armour, and holy word. Haven really needs a spellcaster (I don...
by Galactygon
May 15 2006, 21:19
Topic: Magic Resistance
Replies: 68
Views: 25312

It's more the latter. The reasoning behind this is already in the game, there is less difference between a level 31 and level 32 hero than a level 1 and level 2 hero in terms of power, despite that it is harder to go up from level 31 to level 32 than it is from level 1 to level 2. What I propose bal...
by Galactygon
May 15 2006, 20:10
Topic: Magic Resistance
Replies: 68
Views: 25312

I always thought spell damage/healing/resurrection should be calculated on a logarithmic scale rather than a linear scale, in regards to hero level. Isn't this already implemented with damage/mass spells cast by creatures in Equilibris? As for my suggestions about improving Chaos Magic: 1.) The dama...

Go to advanced search