Search found 1032 matches

by Salamandre
15 May 2015, 15:56
Forum: Heroes I-IV
Topic: Call to H-IV mapmakers - AI enchancing scripts
Replies: 231
Views: 104031

I don't know if this can give you some ideas, but here is the "Better AI" mod I did for Heroes III. As you can see, all parameters are modulable to fit every player skill and AI income/growth can go up to +1000%. A lot of redundant actions which slow a lot AI heroes are granted by default,...
by Salamandre
09 May 2015, 15:12
Topic: Why HIV is better or equal to HIII
Replies: 77
Views: 35224

No, what is fair is comparing the evolution two games had but I feel like some are embarrassed to take that way and I can understand why. When you speak of the original game then jeff speaks about story telling scripts -like having two heroes together-, I could also say "nah nah, the map you ta...
by Salamandre
09 May 2015, 09:11

But (this is another aspect, not argument about "power") erm is hard to understand. How you know is hard to understand? I am a total noob in programming, I know nothing about C+ or any computer languages, yet I read the erm manual and I can use any of its parameters. You want unique featu...
by Salamandre
08 May 2015, 21:32

jeff Seriously...having two or 100 heroes traveling together is a symbol, a metaphor if you need it for story telling. That you, in H4, have two real heroes John and Jim on battlefield, or me in H3, have only 2 commanders named John and Jim on battlefield, where is the difference? Yes, a hero can t...
by Salamandre
08 May 2015, 19:20

Personally I think H4 is okay as a game, I already specified that. As Heroes game, seeing how H2 developed into H3, I was expecting something absolutely opposite to what H4 is, I mean even more visible battle fields with big big squares so we can spend hours to calculate angles, speed and tricks, mo...
by Salamandre
08 May 2015, 16:27
Forum: Wake of Gods
Topic: Massive Heroes tools update
Replies: 3
Views: 11241

Thanks, already using them. B-)
by Salamandre
08 May 2015, 15:37

Taro, wog has access to game memory, is the language manipulating and game. Means you do whatever you want (granted you know how to code things). What is an editor? Is a tool allowing you to set in game actions, quests, armies, storyline, events and so on. Why would I need an editor in H3 when I can...
by Salamandre
08 May 2015, 13:43

jeff It doesn't have anything with style, but how customizable is actually the game and what it allows at this moment where we talk. I think you didn't play much some of the wog/era campaigns, but I played H4 campaigns and scenario and I can tell you, in the perspective of story telling, customizat...
by Salamandre
05 May 2015, 13:44

Well, H3 indeed has more fans because it is still developed, modded, there are new features or variants every month or so. Not all worth to mention, but they prove one thing: the interest is still very high. Because modding takes a lot of work. And we can not compare H3 from today to H3 from 15 y ag...
by Salamandre
28 Apr 2015, 18:41
Forum: Screenshots
Topic: H7 Ancient Behemoth
Replies: 16
Views: 6191

I don't get it, why some devs insist on innovating from scratch when all they had to do was to keep H3 graphics and innovate from that widely loved base.

What is this frankestein? Cow head, rhino teeth, chimp body, erwanasaur.
by Salamandre
28 Apr 2015, 05:16
Topic: Era Crash
Replies: 7
Views: 8956

You have all mods here:

http://wakeofgods.org/mods/

Make sure to download also the latest mod manager.

Then an updated double link for all 150 mods + hints is in Heroes Community.

http://heroescommunity.com/viewthread.php3?TID=39062
by Salamandre
28 Apr 2015, 03:03

Then I don't know, can't load your save. Just make sure you always use wog revised mod and you will be safe. In next Era release, wog revised will be the WoG mod by default, so we can rest a while.
by Salamandre
27 Apr 2015, 22:03

I can not even load your save, game crashes on load.

Era 2.46? Are you using mods? If then, I need the list of enabled mods or the save won't load.
by Salamandre
27 Apr 2015, 10:21

This is because you use "new battlefields" script, which is bugged in win 7+ for unknown reasons.

Use wog revised mod + morn battlefields mod. Morn mod adds 125 new battlefields so it is anyway 10 times bigger than the previous.

For the crash, must upload a save.
by Salamandre
19 Apr 2015, 20:05

I am not upset man :D I mean I have a huge work about both Heroes behind me so my opinion is enough secure; is just that not often I have the opportunity to discuss with people knowing the game on same level so they could show what they come with, to back their arguments. As I said I agree with Duze...
by Salamandre
19 Apr 2015, 18:23

It seems that H4 needs periodically such threads, like why is good or better. You will also notice that you will hardly find such threads for H2-3. :D As far as HotA, that's fan made and so is irrelevant to your argument. If I had the time, I would make an H4 expansion for the events of The Reckonin...
by Salamandre
19 Apr 2015, 13:48

I don't think H4 is a bad game per se, but is a bad Heroes game. There is where the franchise stopped and got stuck for years, they tried to innovate while all that players wanted was to add content to successful Heroes III. The transition from H2 to H3 was optimal and inspired, they understood what...
by Salamandre
12 Apr 2015, 22:45
Forum: News
Topic: H7: Discover Stronghold
Replies: 6
Views: 4742

The creatures design is gorgeous, is a pity that in game all you see is 2 random ugly pixels, and in order to make you see the details, you have to constantly scroll down and lose overall view. 3D is very bad idea for strategy games, or should I say perspective view, dunno how to call it.
by Salamandre
09 Apr 2015, 06:42
Topic: Voting for Vampires!
Replies: 139
Views: 42619

Scenarios or minigames made by dedicated fans are often of high quality indeed. When you do something for free and you are not squeezed by time constraints, you have a chance to reach the end of your goal. See maps by Timothy Pulver/Duncan (Corribus) for Heroes II-III, campaigns by Hans, or even the...
by Salamandre
08 Apr 2015, 20:21
Topic: Voting for Vampires!
Replies: 139
Views: 42619

Well, this is not Mona Lisa, just a game where a decent graphical artist can do whatever you ask him. You know how it works in real world, people is hired, under exclusivity contracts sometimes, so it might happen that the previous artist is not available. Of course if you have same, is better, but ...

Go to advanced search