Search found 1032 matches

by Salamandre
09 Oct 2015, 19:16
Forum: Heroes I-IV
Topic: Wayfarer walkthrough
Replies: 4
Views: 10987

Re: Wayfarer walkthrough

Well, is chinese map. That doesn't mean is bad, for me is genius map, but it has the same pattern as most of top chinese maps. You start with ridiculously small force, get 1 enchanter, then spend the next 2 months to reload 50 times every battle until your pesky enchanter casts slow twice in a row. ...
by Salamandre
06 Oct 2015, 17:01
Topic: To Kill For Power: A Xarfax (Inferno) vs Elleshar (Rampart) problem
Replies: 7
Views: 6724

Re: To Kill For Power: A Xarfax (Inferno) vs Elleshar (Rampart) problem

Well, I don't know about teleport, in practice you need very few spells to keep losses at zero: mass haste, slow, blind, resurrect, clone (if castle factions). Then of course it comes the invincible spells as force field, quicksand and anti magic. Surely berserk is among the best, but I never used i...
by Salamandre
06 Oct 2015, 11:49

Is not very difficult map so it can be won also without demons, as there is no time limit. But the choice of inferno is not hazardous, farming is the ultimate and the most successful strategy, especially when you are given tons of towns with creatures to recruit. That's why pitlords there are gold, ...
by Salamandre
05 Oct 2015, 18:15

I think the main problem is that you shouldn't have magogs and cerberies at this stage. All of them should be converted into demons, then demons be your main force, no titans or archis. This map is about pitlords specialty.
by Salamandre
04 Oct 2015, 03:18
Forum: Heroes VII
Topic: So is this game worth buying?
Replies: 292
Views: 130592

Re: So is this game worth buying?

If the gaming industry standard is 20 seconds spent for a game to load, H7 should not take more than 30 seconds to load before we start complaining. (H3 takes 1 second to load for me on my present computer; back in 1997 it took 3-5 seconds to load on my Pentium 75MHZ.) Nuts. 20 seconds for a load, ...
by Salamandre
03 Oct 2015, 22:04

Meh, why would you go so extreme, there are wonderful games out there, besides Heroes. I play very few games and now being teased by Civilization 5; at release I simply despised it because of the new dumb mechanics, but now with 15000 mods in the shop, I was able to modify all that I didn't like int...
by Salamandre
03 Oct 2015, 15:29

Tried beta, had to wait 1 minute to bring menu screen, 2 minutes between turns, 1 minute to reload save.

Heroes 7, au revoir.
by Salamandre
26 Sep 2015, 15:34
Topic: Hans C's Eternal Love campaign - completed!
Replies: 12
Views: 7480

Re: Hans C's Eternal Love campaign - am playing it

Umm, you know Hans designed his maps and campaigns in 2002 or so. Thats the really beginnings of Heroes 3 and yet his Lone Knight remains one of the top maps. I played the campaign but didn't like much, precisely because it was designed so early, so Hans tries to put in use every aspect of Heroes, e...
by Salamandre
10 Sep 2015, 20:41
Forum: Modcrafting Guild
Topic: Forgot how to extract pcx from def at once
Replies: 1
Views: 3558

Re: Forgot how to extract pcx from def at once

I don't know which defview you have but the one I was using the last 5-6 years can extract all frames at once. Edit/extract picture(s). It extracts only one frame when you highlight that frame.
by Salamandre
01 Sep 2015, 15:32
Forum: Screenshots
Topic: Our New Forum
Replies: 13
Views: 7780

Re: Our New Forum

I bold that. The old forum had class and a soul. Now is just a template, as you say. No offense intended, just my opinion.
by Salamandre
25 Aug 2015, 19:30
Forum: Campfire
Topic: Report Site&Forum Bugs [since Aug'15]
Replies: 181
Views: 218969

Re: Bugs?

ok thanks, world did not collapse because of that. I will pay attention next time, is just that the red "post reply" was instinctive.
by Salamandre
25 Aug 2015, 19:02
Topic: Randomness - vol. IV
Replies: 1766
Views: 575732

Re: Randomness - vol. IV

If I was presented this screen 17 yo ago, while playing Heroes 2, I would have been totally wow, it looks fa-bu-lous. Now it is true that I have close to none experience in modern games (only Skyrim and Civ5) so I am not the best person to look upon. However, if I can reproach some thing, it would b...
by Salamandre
12 Aug 2015, 22:39
Topic: Normalizing the Conflux
Views: 5401

Re: Normalizing the Conflux

Wog is done, death, obsolete. Now you have Era, is Heroes III with mods support. Try it, nothing to do with wog where you have to turn options on off. There are 160 mods for Era now, and wog is one of them. SoD mod is offering safe environment for SoD games (no plague, no week of, no bugs).
by Salamandre
12 Aug 2015, 16:49
Topic: Normalizing the Conflux
Views: 5401

Re: Normalizing the Conflux

Why don't you play Era II (last wog)? It has a SoD mod where Heroes vanilla is not at all changed but where you can insert your own scripts, as special growth + all other. Is hard to make a patch for all people because they never agree 100% on what should be changed. That's why wog is there, to offe...
by Salamandre
12 Aug 2015, 13:39
Topic: H3 Fortress Discussion
Replies: 6
Views: 4616

Re: H3 Fortress Discussion

Look, you start your argue with pure subjective opinion: some races are great, others are crap. Subjective because it relies ONLY on your first hand experience. If we look at statistic in competitive multiplayer leagues (toh, world tournament, heroes league), fortress is doing very well, based on re...
by Salamandre
09 Aug 2015, 19:28
Topic: H3 Fortress Discussion
Replies: 6
Views: 4616

Re: H3 Fortress Discussion

I am afraid you have too theoretic approach. Maps with 2 towns only are super rare and not very fun to play. Nobody expects you to play fortress and rely on fortress heroes or spells. The game experience already revealed that might heroes are overpowered thus any might will do good, just forget the ...
by Salamandre
05 Aug 2015, 09:18
Topic: HOMM...Anime???
Replies: 17
Views: 11175

Re: HOMM...Anime???

Galaad wrote: this time I will agree with Kalah lol
Galaad wrote: Well I like animes, I just don't like the idea of homm being one lol
Pay attention my friend, you're being under strong influence :D
by Salamandre
02 Aug 2015, 19:14
Topic: A new Heroes II Forum - Forums of Enroth.
Replies: 9
Views: 5814

Re: A new Heroes II Forum - Forums of Enroth.

Oki doki.

I always wondered if Orzie is some KGB agent, tracking for certain words online then fixing the issues asap. Now I have the answer. :)
by Salamandre
02 Aug 2015, 08:59
Topic: A new Heroes II Forum - Forums of Enroth.
Replies: 9
Views: 5814

Re: A new Heroes II Forum - Forums of Enroth.

Who is still playing Heroes II? 8|

Those guys do an awesome job, but frankly, this is like giving new colors and shapes to Megadrive console. Local interest only.
by Salamandre
01 Aug 2015, 12:54
Forum: Wake of Gods
Topic: Wishes ideas and proposals for the next version
Replies: 153
Views: 142598

Re: Wishes ideas and proposals for the next version

This is impossible to do -without serious backside effects-. When a random generator places a monolith, it does so because there is no other way to link two zones. If you remove the monolith, then one of the zones will probably become inaccessible. So the optimal way would be to code directly in the...

Go to advanced search