Search found 1032 matches

by Salamandre
04 Mar 2017, 19:12
Forum: Modcrafting Guild
Topic: Might and Magic in other games?
Replies: 2
Views: 5634

Re: Might and Magic in other games?

There is also a http://heroescommunity.com/viewthread.php3?TID=41111 Bounty Hunter mod for H3.
by Salamandre
18 Oct 2016, 21:41
Forum: Heroes I-IV
Topic: HoMM III on Twitch
Replies: 4
Views: 3936

Re: HoMM III on Twitch

Much exaggerated imo. XXL maps are extremely rare in tournaments - 90% are medium maps, then turns rarely exceed 4 minutes in multiplayer (exception for first turn only). Then with HD mod we can now do same actions but twice faster, including battle animations. HD mod has also simultaneous feature n...
by Salamandre
30 Jul 2016, 12:22
Forum: News
Topic: Heroes 4 HD mod - Artists needed
Replies: 164
Views: 138018

Re: Heroes 4 HD mod - Artists needed

I don't know the way they handle it in Heroes 3 HD mod. We did not join forces with them. Well, I am sorry to bring the obvious, but maybe you should indeed deeply investigate what they did and how, then even talk to them and see if things they did can help you. Because HD mod for H3 is a hell of u...
by Salamandre
12 Jun 2016, 09:18
Forum: Might and Magic
Topic: What do you think the future of Might and Magic Shall Behold?
Replies: 50
Views: 29174

Re: What do you think the future of Might and Magic Shall Behold?

Creativity does not go down with age, but the energy required to finish the work. You need to plan better, sleep more, rely more on ready mental structures before engaging the physical work, have a better discipline, better nutrition, date younger girls to keep the plumbing working and those kind of...
by Salamandre
26 Apr 2016, 00:15
Forum: Campfire
Topic: Tech Corner
Replies: 826
Views: 424361

Re: Tech Corner

I buy games either from gog or steam so I don't have compatibilities problems. Just run a normal build, win 7, 4 go ram, 2 processors I think, and I can run all games except Oblivion. Thanks for the link.
by Salamandre
24 Apr 2016, 15:50

I get this: Display driver stopped responding and has recovered. Looks like this is a common message when there is some conflict between video card and OS. I bought a new card, same result.
by Salamandre
23 Apr 2016, 22:45

As long as I buy from gog and those games are optimized for my OS, I don't think this is the problem. I don't see many complaining about, so is surely some video card settings. Or, as a vendor told me, if my OS gets corrupted, it may produce such errors. I updated my win 7 by "fixing" it, ...
by Salamandre
23 Apr 2016, 17:15

Yeah already did that, first thing I did was a google search and it came with same :) I forgot to mention. Now I think there is something related to video card inner settings but I am total noob at. I remember I could play Oblivion 6 years ago on XP and no problems, and now with 100 times better com...
by Salamandre
23 Apr 2016, 12:45

I bought Morrowind and the mouse lagged terribly, unplayable. After a google search, it came up that disabling vertical synchronization in Nvidia panel solved the thing. Now my further problem is with Oblivion: after 10 minutes in dungeons or caves, the game graphics get dark then I have to shut the...
by Salamandre
23 Apr 2016, 00:41
Topic: Legend of Erthia: Armageddon (Reborn)
Replies: 267
Views: 136503

Re: Legend of Erthia - Might and Magic-like Game (Progressing!)

Your work is amazing, thanks for sharing and waiting for the release.
by Salamandre
03 Apr 2016, 20:30
Topic: Contents Wanted
Replies: 48
Views: 23956

Re: Contents Wanted

Since Erwinner put me KO once about a famous quotation falsely imputed to Voltaire (99,9999 % of french think so), now if he says "earth is cubic lol", I go gather evidence first.
by Salamandre
11 Mar 2016, 19:32

I guess faction tactics and strategies have been discussed to the degree that there's nothing new to add to the older games This isn't accurate, at least for H3 there are still new strategies discovered, as my previous links show. Then there is single player and then there is multiplayer, or MP pla...
by Salamandre
06 Mar 2016, 11:16
Topic: The Chaos Conspiracy has been released!
Replies: 942
Views: 655933

Re: The Chaos Conspiracy has been released!

That would be a must. Such mod should be put in safe somewhere. If you find it, please share so I can also upload to wakeofgods.org, hope that will stay for some time.
by Salamandre
03 Mar 2016, 22:57

HeroofPunk and Yurian , First, to remove any ambiguity, I consider playing or designing things for Heroes game as a hobby, a personal relaxation. Thus I don't really have critics to preach about this or that, up to the player to invest from his/her personal free time the amount necessary to what he...
by Salamandre
02 Mar 2016, 21:01
Topic: Heroes 3 Map BurNIng Desire Finaly Done!
Replies: 40
Views: 23694

Re: Heroes 3 Map BurNIng Desire Finaly Done!

Send your map to

evgkuz at yandex.ru

(at = @)
by Salamandre
02 Mar 2016, 18:58
Topic: Heroes 3 Map BurNIng Desire Finaly Done!
Replies: 40
Views: 23694

Re: Heroes 3 Map BurNIng Desire Finaly Done!

Yes I was able. Will try to play, little free time right now. Also you can send to maps4heroes if you want feedback.
by Salamandre
29 Feb 2016, 23:54

In the beginning when we made maps, we got a lot of response, we had playtesters, people commented our work and gave quick feedback. It was great fun, but as you are saying Kalah, it seems like people disappeared. I do miss those glory days that led to the joy and fun of making maps. And I was one ...
by Salamandre
06 Jan 2016, 16:43
Forum: Articles
Topic: Might & Magic: Heroes VII Review
Replies: 13
Views: 20552

Re: Celestial Heavens Review Heroes VII

Nice article and well argued, thanks for the effort.
by Salamandre
18 Oct 2015, 18:00
Forum: Heroes VII
Topic: Taking lessons from Heroes 3
Replies: 30
Views: 17107

Re: Taking lessons from Heroes 3

Ah don't recall me the joy of randomness. I still remember one of my very early H3 MP games, opponent had Adela and joins everything, I get Solmyr, find resurrect in a box then I continue with him as we play 200%. Next 10 levels he got EVERY TIME knowledge and never spell power, so when we met to fi...

Go to advanced search