Search found 170 matches

by Rapier
Jun 9 2006, 13:21
Forum: News
Topic: Nival Answers Again
Replies: 46
Views: 7463

Nival Answers Again

At this point I don't really need descriptions of creature abilities, still I guess it'll gve the game a more complete look, and hopeful set a precident so that new abilities in expansions don't have to be learnt the hard way...
by Rapier
Jun 8 2006, 16:05
Forum: Heroes V-VI
Topic: "What does this ability do..." thread
Replies: 27
Views: 4690

Ranger mage guilds never get dark magic spells? Are there other mage guilds which have similar limitations? Every town is, as you probably know, associated with two spell schools. This means that for every level in the guild, there'll be at least one spell from those schools. Sylvan is Destructive ...
by Rapier
Jun 8 2006, 15:56
Topic: What should an expainsion inclued???
Replies: 87
Views: 12187

New campains, ideally at least one which follows on from Dark Messiah (which follows on from heroes 5), and one which sets up MMX.
by Rapier
Jun 8 2006, 15:54
Topic: patch bug already
Replies: 20
Views: 4137

yeah it says european collector so i guess that means i use the european version then. is there a patch for that one? No, they decided only the american fans are worth helping with a patch. We're out of luck. Well, that's funny, cuz Americans are the ones who got the aptly-named "Limited Edition".....
by Rapier
Jun 8 2006, 15:53
Topic: Dungeon Campaign, Map 2: The Expansion
Replies: 28
Views: 5307

Can they make you have both castles near the entrance on day 4 or 5? :D I was able to take 4 of the 7 castles by week 2. With the starting army, on Ragael alone. Expert Destruction + Expert Irrisitable + Empowered Meteor Shower = Owned Not on Heroic you can't. The map is a very good challange for a...
by Rapier
Jun 8 2006, 15:50
Topic: Enlightenment
Replies: 39
Views: 6979

Is +15 statpoints if you're lvl 30 correct? I know it says in Enlightenments description that you get statpoints for the lvls already got but have anybody controlled it? I mean, if you get it at lvl 20 to 22 then you should get all those missed stats but do you get them? That would make Enlightmenm...
by Rapier
Jun 8 2006, 14:03
Topic: Hot Seat AI
Replies: 12
Views: 2460

Playing Hotseat on Heroic, with 2 or 3 people... I've had ai which just sat in it's base area on Warlords, never getting as far as it's garrison or mines. (Thanks to the cheating it still had a relatively decent town/army though). I've had AI which sent out one decent hero, playing like a player wou...
by Rapier
Jun 8 2006, 13:59
Topic: Best and Worse hero for each race?
Replies: 32
Views: 9042

Zoltan's skills may be bad but I would have been very glad for his special to block Ressurection and Raise dead on ANY of the campains on heroic difficulty. I just wish Zoltan got Scholar instead of Arcane Intuition to be honest. (getting Arcane means Zoltan can't ever get Banshee Howl, he misses ou...
by Rapier
Jun 8 2006, 13:47
Topic: Dynamic battles?
Views: 4886

There is a bug where Dynamic battle gets turned on, I've had it several times. In campains and scenarios. I think it's a keybind bug with the spacebar, becuase I'll use it to defend and then for no reason one time the timer will start for a turn, and it'll stay on until I use spacebar to defend agai...
by Rapier
Jun 8 2006, 13:40
Topic: "What does this ability do..." thread
Views: 4690

The only problem with Imbue arrow is that one of the other two skills (deadeye or rain of arrows) should be a prerequisite as its a useless skill priar to getting one of those as well.

Ranger mage guilds never get dark magic spells? Are there other mage guilds which have similar limitations?
by Rapier
Jun 8 2006, 13:31
Topic: How presence of the SNOW in game is crittical for you ?
Replies: 18
Views: 3286

How bloody hard would it be to put it in? That's why I voted the last one. Guess we should be glad the creatures don't all have the same skin. I mean it wouldn't really affect gameplay, would it. Not for the computer, but it would really slow down mp while people moused over every model trying to w...
by Rapier
Jun 7 2006, 2:48
Topic: Possebility of digging up some hidden heroes?
Replies: 6
Views: 2223

Gaidal Cain wrote:There's one Academy hero that's hidden, with even a speciality of his own. The portrait is kind of sucky when compared to the rest though.

What speciality does he have?
by Rapier
Jun 7 2006, 2:47
Topic: Necro Campaign Mission 5: The Traitor
Replies: 46
Views: 8055

Dismiss all of Isabel's army at the start except for 1 creature. Godric can't take her last creature, leave her in the haven town for the whole game and ignore her. Markal takes any nearby necro-units and travels west. You need to kill the cavaliers as you go and get access to the hut of the magi so...
by Rapier
Jun 6 2006, 19:33
Topic: Patch Change Discussion
Replies: 135
Views: 23678

They added a description to the windstrider boots... that's the only artifact I've seen that's changed.
by Rapier
Jun 4 2006, 4:28
Topic: Another instance of AI cheating?...
Replies: 4
Views: 1328

First of all, the inability to resurrect the unicorns comes from a bug where corpses get removed if someone stands on them. (they reappear but are no longer targetable when the spot is cleared). It's not an ai cheat, and can be used to stop them resurrecting too. Nur has a speciality where she gets ...
by Rapier
Jun 4 2006, 4:20
Topic: A Patch Early Next Week?
Replies: 26
Views: 4081

There's a great deal of cost associated with putting out a patch. It's much more cost effective to have one large patch than two or more smaller patches.

I still want to just know the changelist though...
by Rapier
Jun 4 2006, 4:16
Topic: Prisma Guide Review at the Lamp
Replies: 10
Views: 1418

I think you can get better walkthroughs online...I own the Heroes 3 guide, because it came with my game, and I did look through it. It's just... marketed wrong. Either you should make it much cheaper, for a casual gamer, who wants to see the whole game and put it down, or you market it for the peopl...
by Rapier
Jun 4 2006, 3:57
Topic: Gossip: A Party in the Dungeon
Replies: 56
Views: 11338

Actually I don't see what this really has to do with anything. I doubt any funds from the game went onto this, it has no impact on the game. It's a private party it's not how they advertised it or anything... How nival chooses to celebrate their sucesses is up to them. I have friends that would cele...
by Rapier
Jun 4 2006, 3:43
Topic: Elemental Chains in Dungeon Castle
Replies: 14
Views: 3050

Did it get thrown out for a particular reason? OR was it just considered too complicated? (I could see it being impossible to balance across different player skill levels...)
by Rapier
Jun 4 2006, 3:39
Topic: Question, how to use griffon teleport
Replies: 8
Views: 1581

If he uses other creatures too, are you sure the hero isn't casting the spell teleport?

Go to advanced search