Search found 170 matches

by Rapier
14 Aug 2006, 11:07
Forum: Heroes V-VI
Topic: Problems with ubi
Replies: 7
Views: 2487

You forget how many people use gibberish names....? :P

I find it incredibily difficult to register Rapier with any forum =/ I was very impressed with this forum :P
by Rapier
14 Aug 2006, 11:03
Topic: Poison tent?
Replies: 2
Views: 1743

Posion tent is a skill the Necromancer can get, if you take Warmaches > First Aid tent, then you get posion tent after that. It's not really very good (the first aid tent isn't very good...). Check your skil list and see if you have that? The only other possibility I can think of is that Warlock Her...
by Rapier
12 Jul 2006, 13:21
Topic: Difficulty levels in the Campaign
Replies: 6
Views: 2833

Could it be that you can't play the next map on normal because you didn't play the last one on normal? You certaintly can't change the difficulty without a restart, which means that when you switched it to normal for the last battle, and then loaded the game (it loaded an "easy" mode save)...
by Rapier
12 Jul 2006, 13:17
Forum: News
Topic: Heroes V Off the Sales Chart
Replies: 14
Views: 5328

Heroes V Off the Sales Chart

The perfect time would have been just before it went off the charts... it probably won't get back on now. On the other hand, it did very well for a TBS, and maybe other developers will have noticed and we might get some new blood in?
by Rapier
12 Jul 2006, 13:16
Topic: Dark Messiah Dated
Replies: 8
Views: 3677

Dark Messiah Dated

Well, I am looking forward to it's release. I don't mind if it doesn't come perfect, although I think it won't be ready because Ubisoft, like all the major producers, don't give there developers time to finish up properly. Still, I didn't get the Beta test, and a beta tester is in a better position ...
by Rapier
17 Jun 2006, 02:32
Forum: Articles
Topic: The Necromancer → The Invasion
Replies: 54
Views: 37939

The Necromancer → The Invasion

After leaving the town screen, it should ask if you want to cover the town for 10,000 gold. Make sure the staff is equipped just in case and then.. I don't know, if it still doesn't work you might have a bug and need a restart.
by Rapier
16 Jun 2006, 15:50
Topic: Dark Messiah Beta Begins
Replies: 9
Views: 3319

Dark Messiah Beta Begins

I appear to be, not in. Which isn't really surprising as I'm not active on the ubisoft boards, and I imagine you have to be to really have a shot at it.
by Rapier
16 Jun 2006, 13:50
Topic: Creature Cards
Views: 4599

Creature Cards

I wish they'd released less Undead, and more of the other races, while the undead I like, I want to read the additional information for other factions too.

Oh another thing, why are the Liches trying to become Vampires in Dark Messiah, when Liches are level 5 and Vampires Level 4 in heroes 5?
by Rapier
16 Jun 2006, 13:50
Topic: Creature Cards
Views: 4599

Creature Cards

If you would like to take a look at the original page visit this link:
https://www.celestialheavens.com/545
by Rapier
16 Jun 2006, 13:46
Topic: enraged creature ability
Replies: 19
Views: 6013

I think Enraged is useful for making the slow walkers have a role, in other games they rarely did except to sheild your archers (even that is taken from them in heroes 5). I like that it's implimented and I have hopes that patches, expansions, or sequels will take the idea of abilities tied in with ...
by Rapier
16 Jun 2006, 13:41
Topic: Inferno - Mission 4 (The Ship)
Replies: 11
Views: 4822

If your hero dies reload, or restart, because any game you play where it bugs like that won't finish. I had the same problem with the first ranger campaign. As for the ship, I took the inferno town first, and then explored the whole map, using tp whenever green tried to attack my inferno, it meant I...
by Rapier
16 Jun 2006, 13:36
Forum: Might and Magic
Topic: A known monster?
Replies: 15
Views: 12595

Oooh, right :P

I don' think the Terror looks anything like the facehugger though really... I mean I know the graphics quality is different, but only the teeth and the tentacles are even close...
by Rapier
16 Jun 2006, 13:33
Topic: I miss the anecdotes :(
Replies: 18
Views: 4859

My guess is they realised they wouldn't be able to do it properly, due to translation and thought that if it was done badly it would make make the atmosphere comical and totally wrong...
by Rapier
16 Jun 2006, 13:28
Forum: Might and Magic
Topic: A known monster?
Views: 12595

This monster is given details about what it is... there was a news link about creatures in the game... https://www.celestialheavens.com/dmomm/creatures/mini-Fiche%20ID_FaceHugger.jpg There you go, It's called a facehugger. But I think they should just call it a Beholder. I asumed it was new for Dark...
by Rapier
15 Jun 2006, 09:52
Topic: when would you choose more than 1 magic type?
Views: 4727

Two magic schools can be nice, mass haste and mass slow can be very effective against other enemy heroes who also can cast spells. Against neutrals, you would never need two.

Also I think all you need is Summon magic, because that school is the best right now.
by Rapier
14 Jun 2006, 09:52
Topic: Enlightenment
Replies: 39
Views: 11475

He probably had empower as well... I mean Luck doesn't conflict with Empower, whichis a subskill of Irresitable magic... Enlightment needs better skills coming off it though...
by Rapier
14 Jun 2006, 09:47
Topic: What do you feel is the quality of maps in HV?
Replies: 19
Views: 6481

I voted excellent, so far on every map I've played. I haven't been disappointed. I don't feel it's fair to judge the maps by how I want them though. I would like some open field maps, to go with the chokepoint maps (they're great chokepoint maps though). I would like some larger, and indeed, smaller...
by Rapier
14 Jun 2006, 09:33
Topic: Thoughts on the underground terrain?
Replies: 11
Views: 3511

I don't have any trouble whatsoever with navigating the underground, maybe I would if my computer was lower spec, I don't know, but as it is, a single right click and mouse movement isn't going to kill me, which is pretty much all it takes. Nival are apparently working on a solution so that you neve...
by Rapier
14 Jun 2006, 09:29
Topic: Name the Units you Find Overpowered!!!
Replies: 57
Views: 15733

Haven: Priests are too high a level for what they can do, Marksman are too good considering all the peasants can become Marksman. Although without that, they're not too bad. I would probably suggesting swapping Marksman and Squires in the list (possibly even keeping the number per week as they are n...
by Rapier
14 Jun 2006, 09:04
Topic: What Units would you like to see in a Snow Town Expansion?
Replies: 124
Views: 27917

I would add a second Gnome unit, I would remove the werewolves entirely, I suspect that an Oliphant, while cool, also doesn't fit a snow theme. I would prefer the dwarves not to get a ranged unit, but to give them caster melee units, while let the Gnomes take on the ranged role as they're quite feeb...

Go to advanced search