Search found 170 matches

by Rapier
04 Jun 2006, 03:38
Forum: Heroes V-VI
Topic: How exactly does Ranger's "Nature's Luck" work?
Replies: 12
Views: 4404

Instant gating IS the power of Nature's luck (the extra damage from those gated troops is slightly less but the extra hp and retaliation eating makes up for it). I haven't tried Howl of Terror, but I think it would be, nearly as powerful, altohugh not quite so useful, and worthless against other und...
by Rapier
04 Jun 2006, 03:18
Topic: Ultimate skill for each race?????
Replies: 24
Views: 5618

Well on Rangers and Wizards it has a 1/3 (again) improvement bringing the power of their skills up to 1.3 On Necro's and Knights the effect is less, because the extra 5% won't scale as well, and is nothing compared to necro increasing items, or buildings for the training and necromancy skills. Gatin...
by Rapier
04 Jun 2006, 03:11
Topic: Skill points?
Replies: 15
Views: 4438

What's wrong with you being blocked on your way to the ultimate?

Are you suggesting perhaps allowing you to reject all the skill choices offered (and get none as a replacement) so that you don't screw it up completely but do need 1 more level than you anticiapted?
by Rapier
02 Jun 2006, 15:29
Forum: Articles
Topic: Necro Walkthrough Started
Replies: 25
Views: 12448

The Necromancer → The Temptation

I wasn't aware that orange would continue to pursue you that far. I spent several turns in the dungeon and orange just stopped. Did you stay close to the subterranean gate? So that Orange could reasonably expect to catch you? If not maybe it detects your proximity irrespective of the underground (de...
by Rapier
02 Jun 2006, 04:05
Topic: Inferno Power-Up Mod Download
Replies: 6
Views: 2284

I don't think inferno needs all this, I think the change to the horned demons would have been sufficent. I wouldn't mind devil's having a taunt ability. (Which would buy time for the rest of your stacks to gate more...) or maybe a passive which increases gating speeds. The changes you made here woul...
by Rapier
02 Jun 2006, 04:02
Topic: Official Patch update
Replies: 14
Views: 6375

If you buy a usb transfer cable you can transfer any sized file. If you routinely download on one machine and game on another it may worth the investment. (It isn't a large cost at least in the uk). I just want the changelist for the patch, I don't care if the patch is a week later, I want to know w...
by Rapier
02 Jun 2006, 03:12
Topic: Picky beasts aren't they?
Replies: 33
Views: 18444

You get a lot more exp for doing the quest... somewhere in the region of a 55,000 exp difference in heroic :P
by Rapier
02 Jun 2006, 02:44
Topic: Movement And Terrain
Views: 2300

Friscoblitz wrote:I'm assuming they did... elsewise why would they develop a pathfinding skill??? I like your analysis though... sounds probable.
Because not all the terrain is as easy to travel as grass, even if there are no longer faction specific grounds which have different penalties for different troops.
by Rapier
02 Jun 2006, 02:23
Topic: Hilariously Unbalanced AI
Views: 9787

I believe that's a bug with phantom forces. Not a bug with hero mana use.
by Rapier
02 Jun 2006, 02:01
Forum: Might and Magic
Topic: New screens and monsters
Replies: 5
Views: 5047

That's assuming these vampires require blood. Clearly these vampires utilise blood to preserve there alabastor good looks. (As they lose them while liches, and then regain them), but don't need it to survive. It seems odd however, that they made Vampires level 4, and Liches level 5 in heroes 5, if t...
by Rapier
02 Jun 2006, 01:31
Topic: Picky beasts aren't they?
Views: 18444

That's what Agreal says when you don't bring enough. I took 150 or so and it triggered just fine for me.

If you really can't get it to work you can just fight them, even on heroic. Although you get less exp.
by Rapier
02 Jun 2006, 01:15
Topic: Movement And Terrain
Views: 2300

Are you sure they kept in faction specific terrain advantages? If they did...

Haven/Sylvan = grass.
Inferno = lava
Academy = desert (changed from snow)
Necropolis = swamp
Dungeon = dungeon terrain
by Rapier
01 Jun 2006, 22:27
Topic: Too many non-retaliation units?
Replies: 90
Views: 20765

I think comparing Inferno to Sylvan is very unfair. Sylvan has some very obvious strengths that imo, will get nerfed somewhat. Comparing inferno to Necropolis I find that the relative strengths of the two sides are pretty good. Although both sides suffer from relying heavily on some units, (Succubae...
by Rapier
01 Jun 2006, 22:11
Topic: I sincerely miss the first strike ability. it would add
Replies: 9
Views: 3112

I think even without simultaneous retaliation it would be possible to have units with first strike. They would simply hit first even if attacked by someone else. I think it could be incorporated but would have to be offset by only giving it to weak units. Having said that it might be quite nice if f...
by Rapier
01 Jun 2006, 02:31
Topic: My impressions of heroes 5
Replies: 3
Views: 1943

I believe he wants, Nival to release extra neutrals in patches periodically to keep the game fresh. It's not a bad idea, I'm not sure Nival will do it however.

They will of course, add more in expansions so it shouldn't be necessary, but it might be nice if Nival were to do it.
by Rapier
01 Jun 2006, 02:26
Topic: Necropolis Strategy
Replies: 3
Views: 2528

Get skeleton archers as soon as possible. You can't go straight for capitol anymore because you need to get some troops to get enough city level. If you have a lot of Sulphur available, get the mage guild, get the pillar of bones, and get the liches, (ranged troops help you avoid losses). You might ...
by Rapier
01 Jun 2006, 01:48
Topic: Too many non-retaliation units?
Replies: 90
Views: 20765

The devil's summon pit fiend ability does a great deal of damage. The new pit fiends last until they're killed, get to cast the pit fiend spells... Devil's are better than bone dragons by far. As for them being the weakest, having played the first 3.5 campains on heroic, I can tell you that so far, ...
by Rapier
31 May 2006, 18:01
Topic: Walkthroughs?!
Replies: 28
Views: 8914

Heroic walkthroughs would be nice, I'm onto the 4th campain playing it all on heroic now, but some of the levels are quite challenging. I could write heroic walkthroughs for the first 3 campains, I put a begining walkthrough on one fot he requests for help.. I'm not sure there's much call for it tho...
by Rapier
31 May 2006, 13:52
Forum: News
Topic: News of the first patch
Replies: 12
Views: 3987

News of the first patch

Patches are standard in the game industry, however, It's nice to receive a patch so soon, a lot of other games don't get their first patch even when in a worse state than heroes 5 (which I think you have to agree, is a good game. If not stellar right now).
by Rapier
31 May 2006, 03:31
Topic: Hellfire
Replies: 11
Views: 4037

There needs to be a hellfire graphic, in other words. I agree with this, Chilling Bones and Chilling Blades (both utterly lousy skills) also could do with a graphic.. althoughI think Bones does have an ice graphic. I know that Chilling blades is also only handled in the text box. The text box should...

Go to advanced search