Search found 114 matches

by archcorenth
15 Nov 2008, 21:26
Forum: Equilibris
Topic: 3.55 Alpha version of 3.6
Replies: 44
Views: 38607

3.55 Alpha version of 3.6

You can download the alpha version of the newest version of Equilibris (3.6) from the Russian forum http://equilibris.celestialheavens.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=293&postdays=0&postorder=asc&start=100 You need to download the main file and the password for unlocking it is: _F03eru012008 T...
by archcorenth
08 Nov 2008, 18:01
Forum: News
Topic: Elemental: War of Magic Announced
Replies: 33
Views: 10877

Elemental: War of Magic Announced

Disciples 3 will be HOMM's competitor.
by archcorenth
08 Nov 2008, 07:30
Topic: Elemental: War of Magic Announced
Replies: 33
Views: 10877

Elemental: War of Magic Announced

I'd have to play a demo before I got hyped over this. I didn't really care for Master of Magic. (though Heroes of Might & Magic and Populous are all on the top of my charts)
by archcorenth
06 Nov 2008, 02:57
Forum: Might and Magic
Topic: Secrets of the Inner Sanctum addicting beyond all reason.
Replies: 3
Views: 2456

I think Might and Magic I would be a good game to do a fan remake of. A person could somehow rip the graphics and sounds from the PC Engine version and combine it with the faster gameplay of a version that is mouse and keyboard rather than menu driven, and add in an automap system. Maybe have the ga...
by archcorenth
03 Nov 2008, 22:12
Forum: Heroes I-IV
Topic: Getting Opera to work in HOMM2
Replies: 8
Views: 4949

Try DOSbox

The game works great for me, but if it doesn't with whatever soundcard you have, you might try DOSbox to emulate Soundblaster.

Some budget versions of the game, and direct to drive version don't include CD audio.
by archcorenth
02 Nov 2008, 19:52
Topic: Secrets of the Inner Sanctum addicting beyond all reason.
Replies: 3
Views: 2456

Secrets of the Inner Sanctum addicting beyond all reason.

I've had Might and Magic I sitting around my computer desk and not played it since about the time MMVII came out. It just wasn't at all appealing. There was no graphical representation of anything you were looking at and often message texts would stream by so quickly they were unreadable, while the ...
by archcorenth
30 Oct 2008, 18:48
Topic: Might and Magic Timeline (My Version)
Replies: 39
Views: 41619

Finished

Well I finished my spreadsheet timeline. Though as I've said most of my of my summaries are from wikipedia. I will replace each as I've played through each game. The spreadsheet is also better able to reflect things that could take place simultaneously, so I won't repost my order for the games here....
by archcorenth
28 Oct 2008, 20:33
Topic: Stargate of Might and Magic.
Replies: 12
Views: 4582

@ Marzhin

I don't know, but I think maybe vladimir is talking about Chariot of the Gods. The basic premise of Stargate was inspired from ideas derived from it. And Daniel Jackson is possibly inspired by the writer of it.
by archcorenth
25 Oct 2008, 04:58

In honor of this realization I might have to make a Heroes IV map where Vala, Sam, Daniel, Mitchell and Teal'c show up on Axeoth, maybe Jack too.
by archcorenth
25 Oct 2008, 04:49

Stargate of Might and Magic.

After watching all of Stargate SG-1 on DVD recently, I have come to the conclusion that Stargate and Might and Magic clearly take place in the same world. There are just too many similarities. I think mostly likely, Might and Magic is set in the prehistory of the Stargate Universe, just before the A...
by archcorenth
24 Oct 2008, 19:20

Beta 4

Well at the risk that this is approved by no one :-P I think this is what I'm going with: Descendants (POL) Warlords of the Wasteland Conquest of the Underworld Revolt of the Beast Masters Master of Elements The World Tree The Fiery Moon Secrets of the Inner Sanctum (sorry, I'll probably move it aga...
by archcorenth
24 Oct 2008, 19:09

@Avonu First of all, the special theory of relativity doesn't apply here, because 1, the theory deals with a few minutes of discrepancy not years, and 2, given the fact that the descendants of heroes are not exiting spaceships, the spaceships are almost certainly headed faster than the speed of ligh...
by archcorenth
24 Oct 2008, 03:05

oops. I meant to move Might and Magic IX up. I'm surprised how well integrated to HOMMIV you make it out to be, reading about it, it sounded like it had only to do with everything else in name only.
by archcorenth
24 Oct 2008, 02:56

Beta 3

So, you like HOMMIV :-D It's not like I hate it. I did finish almost all of the campaigns, after all. It was just sooo disappointing. It was ugly. And, unlike HOMMII and III, which had the best music I've ever heard in a game, in IV the music was more atmospheric than dynamic (though at least it lac...
by archcorenth
24 Oct 2008, 02:08
Topic: UbiSoft is Making Money
Replies: 104
Views: 25441

UbiSoft is Making Money

I'm not certain I agree with your reasoning for HOMMIV's failure. For one thing, as I recall from the time, the game was already way overdue past when it was promised to come out, and furthermore the reasons why most people who don't like don't like it (graphics, heroes on the map, separately moving...
by archcorenth
23 Oct 2008, 20:43

Timeline Beta2

Okay here's my new version. This could use some help as well. Particularly, the area with all the /'s could be better modified and maybe some of the games listed below the list could be worked in by a more expert hand. The only suggestion I didn't take from the last post was repositioning the XEEN s...
by archcorenth
23 Oct 2008, 19:09

:-D

Well thank you so much, Corlagon! I am going to revise my timeline and repost it. I also have it in a spreadsheet which allows events that either do or could overlap to be more accurately shown, by separating the events by world and continent along the x-axis. When you click on one of the entries it...
by archcorenth
23 Oct 2008, 04:11

Might and Magic Timeline (My Version)

I noticed that on the timeline on the website that the Heroes Chronicles were not included, which add a much greater cohesiveness to the later games, and also that it was not represented that clearly MM 1-5 take place concurrently with the other games. So I have constructed my own timeline and thoug...
by archcorenth
16 Sep 2008, 08:43
Topic: King´s Bounty English Demo
Replies: 73
Views: 22017

King´s Bounty English Demo

Wow. I'm really impressed the game so far. I like the skeletons that reach for you when you pass them in a wall. :-) It runs kinda slowly on my computer for some reason, though, which is odd considering Heroes V runs perfectly (unless I'm playing a giant map) while it seems less graphically intense ...
by archcorenth
11 Apr 2008, 16:56
Topic: Ken Levine Loves Heroes II
Replies: 28
Views: 10298

Ken Levine Loves Heroes II

It's always been my favorite game in the series, too.

Go to advanced search