Search found 50 matches

by emrysblack
27 Dec 2008, 21:38
Forum: Wake of Gods
Topic: Format Question
Replies: 2
Views: 3064

Format Question

Does anyone know what .MSG and .MSK files are and what they are used for?
by emrysblack
20 Dec 2008, 17:08
Topic: Modifying commanders
Views: 3762

No one knows how to access the commander screen?
by emrysblack
20 Dec 2008, 17:07
Forum: Modcrafting Guild
Topic: Heroes of Might & Magic III: Horn of the Abyss
Replies: 421
Views: 632906

I'm impressed. And excited. Keep up the good work guys.
by emrysblack
13 Dec 2008, 17:45
Topic: Editing Modding Abilities, Artifacts, Heroes
Replies: 3
Views: 10693

emrysblack

As far as I understand, you can only change limited things by text. Amounts and a few stats. Basic number stuff. To go more in depth, abilities and so forth. You need ERM. (Someone correct me if I'm wrong here) And for that you would need WOG. It's worth a try at least. Who knows? You might find som...
by emrysblack
08 Dec 2008, 20:20
Topic: Modifying commanders
Views: 3762

Modifying commanders

I'm trying to insert a new commander I made to replace rampart one. I'm almost done, but I can't find all files I need to access. The commander screen to replace the walking portrait, and info. And also does anyone know how I would change his shots? the ammunition def? I would like to make a few opt...
by emrysblack
11 Sep 2006, 16:38
Topic: Map Objects
Replies: 7
Views: 6075

First you have to make the bitmaps for all the animation or whatever you're doing. Then you need to know what you're trying to compile it into. (A monster, map object, ect) You need a program called DEF Maker to actually make the finished def files.
by emrysblack
09 Sep 2006, 00:50
Topic: Shadow of Death Campaign (how do I put it back? )
Views: 5375

I think this why usually people recomend that you install the original game to a directory and then install it again somewhere else and only install wog over one of them. That way you have both games. But you could just insert original campains over wog ones. Assuming of course that you could get th...
by emrysblack
08 Sep 2006, 16:22
Topic: Adding (making a new creature)
Views: 3680

Do you know what creature you want to make? Like have you done the animations? Or are you just gathering info for future reference? The game only supports a limited number of creatures and we haven't been able to change that yet (correct me if I'm wrong), so for now the most practical thing would be...
by emrysblack
24 Aug 2006, 01:33
Topic: Creature Portraits
Views: 3082

thanx. It helped a lot.
by emrysblack
02 Aug 2006, 06:16
Topic: Creature Portraits
Views: 3082

Creature Portraits

Does anyone know where the large, 64x64 I think, Creature portraits are located? I found the small 32x32 ones, but I need to find the larger ones also.
by emrysblack
02 Aug 2006, 04:48

I had built the def with the wrong compression format. I built it like a monster in battle def. That's why it showed fine in Def Viewer, but wrong on the map. I had an old version of Def maker. Monster only Ed. I updated my tools, compiled it as a map object, inserted it, and it worked fine.
by emrysblack
02 Aug 2006, 04:41

nm. Problem solved. I figured it out. It was something easy and stupid.
by emrysblack
31 Jul 2006, 03:53

Map Objects

I'm trying to create a map object. I create it. Get the image the right size, compile to a .def file and it looks fine in the viewer, but when I try to use it in the map editor, it looks screwed up. I only shows half of the piture, but it does it three times. Here's a screenshot. http://static.flick...
by emrysblack
28 Jul 2006, 23:35
Topic: Night Sharpshooter
Replies: 5
Views: 4196

That's not all of it. Just enough to give you an idea. I wouldn't have time to turn the whole def animation into an animated gif. It's low quality too.
by emrysblack
28 Jul 2006, 14:32
Topic: Night Sharpshooter
Replies: 5
Views: 4196

Night Sharpshooter

This is something I did a very long time ago. I know we have like 3 types already. Who needs 4, but anyway It was a test to see if I could do it. So I thought I might as well share it with you. All animations are completed. Tell me what you think.
by emrysblack
05 Jul 2006, 14:41
Topic: Nightmare
Replies: 12
Views: 9601

ya

could modify look to replace Hell Steed. Or could make an upgrade to nightmare. Like flaming nightmare or something.
by emrysblack
26 Jun 2006, 17:21
Topic: palette settings
Views: 3100

thanx. I got it. A few bugs to work out, but great help.
by emrysblack
26 Jun 2006, 17:18
Topic: upg sharpshooters "arrows"
Replies: 13
Views: 7964

I know they're high res. I'm going to tone them down. First I wanna get a few rough ideas though. It's easy to tone them down. So they all share huh? Would it be possible to change that at all? (through erm maybe?) I wouldn't want to mess up gogs or other creature's ranged attacks.
by emrysblack
25 Jun 2006, 04:35
Topic: Nightmare
Replies: 12
Views: 9601

I'll see what I can do. It'll be a while before I can post an update though, since modeling takes a long time to do.
by emrysblack
25 Jun 2006, 04:33
Topic: upg sharpshooters "arrows"
Replies: 13
Views: 7964

P huh? I'll see what comes up. Thanx for the input guys. As far as I know, they don't share arrows with elves. Arctic and Lava Sharpshooters both shoot a recolored light ball (like zealots) from their bows.

Go to advanced search