Search found 79 matches

by RollingWave
Nov 16 2011, 5:47
Forum: Campfire
Topic: Prices of new HDD ramping up - Flood in Thailand factory
Replies: 8
Views: 4109

Ahem, this is Taiwan http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/thumb/7/73/LocationTaiwan.svg/250px-LocationTaiwan.svg.png This is Thailand http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/thumb/b/b8/Location_Thailand_ASEAN.svg/250px-Location_Thailand_ASEAN.svg.png Different places , though both hav...
by RollingWave
Nov 16 2011, 1:29
Forum: Heroes V-VI
Topic: Faction analysis: Necropolis
Replies: 26
Views: 10014

Here's a trick... Fate Weaver in range mode's freezing web is essentially Time Statis on all enemies around her for 1-2 turns 1 if HP is significantly higher than Weavers 2 otherwise. So the idea is to find a situation where there are several enemy stacks standing close by, teleport the weaver over ...
by RollingWave
Nov 15 2011, 1:54
Forum: Articles
Topic: Might & Magic: Heroes VI - Necropolis - Circumradiant Dawn
Replies: 19
Views: 19448

Might & Magic: Heroes VI - Necropolis - Circumradiant Dawn

It should be noted that, if you go the tear path this map is much MUCH easier since you start out with Kasper in your army, who starts out 3 level higher than Annie and what's better is that he starts with HIS SKILL POINTS UNDISTRIBUTED. with Kasper you can 1. clear the neutruals much faster, since ...
by RollingWave
Nov 15 2011, 1:54
Forum: Articles
Topic: Might & Magic: Heroes VI - Necropolis - Circumradiant Dawn
Replies: 19
Views: 19448

Might & Magic: Heroes VI - Necropolis - Circumradiant Dawn

If you would like to take a look at the original page visit this link:
https://www.celestialheavens.com/785
by RollingWave
Nov 15 2011, 1:30
Topic: How to Play Each Faction (to supplement Maltz’s walkthroughs
Replies: 16
Views: 33898

Thanks for the great information! Based on what I have read so far, people generally prefer a magic hero more than might, since the level-3 magics (Time Stasis, Puppet Master, Blind, Frenzy) are so insanely good. I think this largely overlooks the fact that some armies heavily rely on Might power a...
by RollingWave
Nov 14 2011, 2:54
Topic: Bugs
Replies: 121
Views: 34957

I have a question (because I am lazy reading everything in this topic) - is the Heroic Charge working or I just fail seeing it working? No matter how many squares I cross after casting it (with several factions) the damage is always the same. no , it's not working, nor is Sun Rider / Crusader's cha...
by RollingWave
Nov 14 2011, 2:52
Topic: difference between factions' heroes?
Replies: 4
Views: 2039

Might heroes can't get the lvl 15 spells, like Summon Elementals, time statis, retribution 3 etc... Like wise, Magic hero can't get lvl 15 might skills like counterstrike 3. As for different faction's it depends on the heroes, some of their specials are passive, some are active, though ony a few of ...
by RollingWave
Nov 14 2011, 2:46
Topic: Faction analysis: Stronghold
Views: 2973

Re: unbalanced

Stronghold Might is too powerful with magic; Stronghold Magic is too weak with magic. There is only one stronghold unit that uses magic damage, so your Shamans (Magic heroes) are at a disadvantage. They can't cast prime magic, so they're deprived of good spells like Time Stasis (3 free turns to wha...
by RollingWave
Nov 14 2011, 2:30

In a general sense Sanctuary: Lvl 3 honor is really good, but lvl 2 is ok and lvl 1 is totally blah . really good units , really great hero abilities. probably the best overall faction right now, leaps is by far the best cost effective damage dishing ability out there, their real weakness is actuall...
by RollingWave
Nov 14 2011, 2:12

Magic-Tear seems like the general best approach to Sancturary, half their units do damage in magic anyway, and their main damage output really lies in Kappa leaps and other spell effects. (the frozen grounds can dish out crazy crazy damage if placed right as welll). Tsunami means you can take out at...
by RollingWave
Nov 8 2011, 8:41
Topic: A goodbye to HOMM! Heroes VI has ended my love for this game
Views: 76451

Overall, while I'm annoyed by the bugs the game is much more interesting than H5 IMHO. I think some balance issues exist of course but I for one enjoy being able to use basic creatures all game. (though I do generally agree that given the horrendous cost of Champion buildings they should be given a ...
by RollingWave
Nov 8 2011, 8:08
Topic: Faction analysis: Stronghold
Views: 2973

Faction analysis: Stronghold

Quick overview. Faction ability : rage, adds initiative (lvl 1) might (lvl 2) extra retaliation (lvl3) and no retaliation (lvl 4, currently broken) . An ability that fits very well with their theme, even at lvl 1 the ability to move before other people is a very good one, and off sets a lot of their...
by RollingWave
Nov 8 2011, 7:54

Or the developers did not explained it correctly. :D
Or the guys writing the description had no idea what they're writting about :devil:
by RollingWave
Nov 8 2011, 6:18

Ahhh.. that would explain much... so the problem is actually that the english version's description is all messed up ? :P
by RollingWave
Nov 8 2011, 6:16
Topic: Heroes 6 wish list
Replies: 39
Views: 17259

Not really good if they look just pointless, as if a way to say: "if I have it, you should too". Are you familiar to H2? In H2, some units had upgrade, others don't. It was just fine that way. What could be improved was, while other units were just good as they were with no upgrades. Well...
by RollingWave
Nov 8 2011, 5:59

Most of the bugs (aside from the ridiculas Griffen bug) in combat seem to involve how ability interact with turns, for example if you cast mass regen you'll notice that some unit's seem to end faster than other's, it seems that high morale roles count as one move or something. not sure if that's ho...
by RollingWave
Nov 8 2011, 1:29

No, luck is no longer 2x damage. IIRC it's max damage now... but as you can guess luck is bugged for now too. Hmm I might be wrong, but wasn't luck in older Heroes games just 50%+ damage, not double? It was 2x damage in H2/H3 and I'm pretty sure H4 as well. And I'm pretty sure it's not max damage r...
by RollingWave
Nov 8 2011, 1:21

So far I have really enjoyed playing as Necropolis, I think it might be my favorite version of this town so far. I really like having the ghouls over super slow zombies. Ghouls with rush are great early on. I'm just not sure about the lamasu. I don't really find a good use for them, and often skip ...
by RollingWave
Nov 6 2011, 5:07

Yeah, upgraded kappa is one of the most rigged units for the buck in the game right now. but that's only part of the comparison, the thing is that you can't always have 20 more Kappa even if you have the money though.
by RollingWave
Nov 5 2011, 19:38

Link: It's actually pretty good when you link Kenshi / Kensai, the pain mirror and damage reduction goes well with the unlimited retaliations, of course you probably want to reinforce the Kenshi and also wave of renewal them. Weaver : It's special ability are basically "use when you get mobbed&...

Go to advanced search