Search found 102 matches

by TheUnknown
16 Aug 2012, 00:26
Forum: Equilibris
Topic: Balance improvement ideas
Replies: 65
Views: 42692

Griffins and Effreti fly; Unicorns and Nightmares do not. Unicorns and Nightmares are tougher making them better versus creatures; whearas flyers can reach the heroes much easier to take them out. Against non-death opponents I would usually take the Unicorns or the Nightmares for they great utiliti...
by TheUnknown
15 Aug 2012, 01:34

Unicorns really aren't that bad. With a good stack of unicorns they can blind enemy stacks pretty reliably. Add Snake strike and they can often attack without retaliation which is pretty sweet and the blinded creature will still lose 2 more actions. It's not that they're are bad but they need somet...
by TheUnknown
14 Aug 2012, 10:29

Mass Healing is like Mass bind wound. I was thinking more a level 4 mass heal spell that was more like the level 2 heal spell on all units. This is more a of "would like to see suggestion" rather than a balance one and stems from me playing the campaigns with mass healing not being good e...
by TheUnknown
13 Aug 2012, 16:54

While we're on the topic of new spells I would like to see a high end mass healing spell(Call it Vigor or something); current mass healing spell will be left unchanged. Divine intervention is a high end healing spell because it both heals all units in your army and even revives dead heroes. P.S. If...
by TheUnknown
10 Aug 2012, 01:16

Well since we are officially split from the economy topic here are some things I think can be changed to improve the balance. Hero skills with problems: Scouting - some people say scouting is bad and never buy a thief, others say only seamanship should be changed, pathfinding for some is a must. Man...
by TheUnknown
07 Aug 2012, 20:57

Re: balance

Only one with 4 is Bone Dragon. And one idea would be to take the undead ability and make it that it affects -3 or -4 and also affects heroes. ;) Ability Undead - Undead creatures are not affected by morale, or by spells and abilities that only work on living creatures. Some spells and artifacts (s...
by TheUnknown
05 Aug 2012, 18:07
Forum: News
Topic: Poll: H6 Expansion or H7?
Replies: 80
Views: 36333

Poll: H6 Expansion or H7?

Don't people get enough of the heroes 3 remakes? How can they revive the series when they try to walk the path that was already walked too much. I think the new part will need new invention (fresh ideas), or innovation from other parts, not just heroes 3. Simultaneous retaliations is one of the stuf...
by TheUnknown
05 Aug 2012, 14:26
Topic: Can We Please Update the Download Links?
Replies: 19
Views: 25121

Question

Can you guys tell me where can I find the link to "equi.aop".

The one on the equilibris downloads page that leads to http://www.fileplanet.com/dl.aspx?/stra ... s/equi.aop does not work.

Thanks
by TheUnknown
02 Aug 2012, 22:22

Re: okay..

@ unknown: The reason why I dont buy thiefs or stealth is for a couple of reasons: 1) You have a limited amount of heroes to start with. Wasting one on stealth that doesn't help you at all in battles is a waste of time. 2) You dont want to waste your precious xp you get to something that you cannot...
by TheUnknown
02 Aug 2012, 19:05

I'd love to play against you on a map of your choosing just to make a point unknown. Are you sure? What would that prove? That Angels are better than Champions? If you have something to say around here and you have your reasons, say it. I am saying these stuff out of my huge single and small multi-...
by TheUnknown
01 Aug 2012, 23:08

Actually last time when I was talking to a friend about what could be in future patches these were the ones that were on the top of the to do list. All or nearly all of the creature choices (level3 and level4) are nobrainers. life : monks suck and champions suck nature : unicorns suck and faeries a...
by TheUnknown
01 Aug 2012, 22:13

Re: @ unknown

Im not sure where you've been playing the game but of the 300+ games I've played online I've never ever bought a scout hero with stealth. I've never bought a lord hero exept in very long games where there are free xp shrines to take. As of seamanship let it be its fine as it is. Barb doesn't have p...
by TheUnknown
30 Jul 2012, 01:19

Economy in H4

After a very long time I too decided to scribe a "bit" here. I wonder how this topic went from the lord talks to buildings in town and the city and town halls. I think that the city and town hall buildings price and the income they give are very well balanced, even though the city hall may...
by TheUnknown
26 Apr 2012, 06:03
Topic: Switching/adding creatures to necromancy menu
Replies: 5
Views: 13237

Re: Switching/adding creatures to necromancy menu

The problem is now I can ressurect cerberi instead of mummies, imps insted of zombies etc. How to fix this? For this problem ... if you know the place where the code for the necromancy menu is, it would be easy to solve. I think that the equilibris team can help you easily on this one because they ...
by TheUnknown
22 Apr 2012, 22:27
Topic: Switching/adding creatures to necromancy menu
Views: 13237

Re: Switching/adding creatures to necromancy menu

Topic speaks for itself. I've made Pure Necropolis Mod . The problem is now I can ressurect cerberi instead of mummies, imps insted of zombies etc. How to fix this? I also have some stuff from BAD from the time he used to post his guides on modification I will instal the game soon and try to fix it...
by TheUnknown
03 Feb 2011, 21:22
Topic: project status
Replies: 76
Views: 77891

Kranyum wrote: You have a point. Although I doubt seeing seamanship pop up is ever fun. :)
I second that :D

I even made a topic about changing some scouting skills some time ago as scouting is useless on waterless maps and may be overpowered on water filled ones.
by TheUnknown
03 Feb 2011, 14:06

- for example being offered Charm, Summoning and Basic Combat to my Nature-Order Magic Hero when all I really want is to level up my magics so I can get new spells; - or being spammed with Seamanship when all I want to get is that Expert Stealth to start stealing artifacts and leech Stealth Experie...
by TheUnknown
01 Feb 2011, 14:00

I believe that if someone had the budged to build on the basis of Heroes 4 while adding in the good stuff from the other games (like initiative system, a better skill tree for heroes, creature upgrades) would pretty much make a killer game. Dude, you would change almost everything in heroes 4 with ...
by TheUnknown
11 Sep 2010, 04:07
Forum: Heroes V-VI
Topic: Heroes 6 wishlist (draft)
Replies: 328
Views: 138036

My wishes for heroes VI though I may have been too late :P

What I believe is a feature that makes balancing easy is simultaneous retaliations. I loved how in Heroes IV you could have no retaliation, simultaneous retaliation and even first strike on some of your troops and they were all balanced according to the creatures that have them. Except the current r...
by TheUnknown
23 Jul 2010, 19:00
Topic: Feedback and Opinions About Equilibris Patch for Heroes IV
Views: 7660

Some questions for the next patch

Well with so little activity going on here in the past .... I was thinking on asking again about the patch and have a little suggestion. If there is much to be done, can you just release something like a balance patch with little changes, for example no liches until they get done. What can there be ...

Go to advanced search