Search found 573 matches

by Humakt
24 Mar 2006, 16:08
Forum: Mapmaking Guild
Topic: AI crashing!
Replies: 6
Views: 4401

I had similar problem 3 years ago. It had to do with starting towns being too close to the map's edges/corners. The problem disappeared when I moved the towns towards the center of the map.
by Humakt
14 Mar 2006, 12:00
Topic: Humor?
Replies: 34
Views: 17135

Ururam Tururam wrote:And from what map is the quotation:
- How can I kill the mummies?
- Youu can't. They are already dead.
:idea:
Argh! Such a pegleg joke. I'm glad it's not actually on the map but in the help file.
by Humakt
10 Mar 2006, 22:04

Come on fellow mapmakers. Lets be honest with ourselves. We are just flat-out boring people whose continuous and miserable attempts at being funny have failed. Always. At best they've made some zit-faced youngster, who had taken some helium, cocain, heroin, alcohol, pepsi cola, fruitful spam and oth...
by Humakt
07 Mar 2006, 07:14
Forum: Heroes I-IV
Topic: HOMM2 vs. HOMM3
Replies: 51
Views: 23458

Heroes 3 > Fantasy General > Heroes 2 Heroes 3 > Warlords II Deluxe > Heroes 2 Yeah, and I DID play HoMM2 before Heroes 3. The thing is, I played better games before HoMM2. The only thing Heroes 2 has it better is music but then again Fantasy General has one of the best if not the best music/soundtr...
by Humakt
05 Mar 2006, 20:25

Even though I haven't got any feedback if it were succesful or not, but I used most humour of my maps in Beyond the Bastard's Reach. From quest huts: Skeletons of dead troglodytes are everywhere. You are just about to collect the remnants of great treasury but Zimbo the Necromancer jumps shrieking f...
by Humakt
26 Feb 2006, 18:46
Topic: Heroes III VS Heroes IV
Replies: 152
Views: 59104

I don't find the H3 AI "slightlyless awful" than the H4 AI. I don't even consider the two to be anywhere close. The H4 was simply broken and didn't work at all. The H3 AI, while open to exploitation, was at least functional. They aren't even comparable. Funny, because it certainly works i...
by Humakt
26 Feb 2006, 18:25

If you really want to be realistic then you ought to take each Heroes game and not just pit it against one another, but consider when each of them was published (H1 - 1995, H2 - 1996, H3 - 1999, H4 - 2002) and also keep in mind that each next hero game is based off of the previous one. Thus, H2 is ...
by Humakt
25 Feb 2006, 11:04

Heroes 2. Well, it was where I started playing the series. However I'm not impressed by it anymore in the least. Simple skill system, simple tactics, and I don't even like the graphics anymore as the so many people seem to. Still, it's ok game, just surpassed by H3 and H4 (which almost everyone woul...
by Humakt
21 Feb 2006, 13:56
Topic: My Map Crashes and I Cannot Seem to Fix it
Replies: 9
Views: 7738

Also using 4 or more of 2-way teleportals of the same type can also cause a crash as the game progresses. At least I'm pretty sure the crash is caused by them.
by Humakt
20 Feb 2006, 20:19
Topic: Numeric Valuables problem
Replies: 29
Views: 13284

EDIT: another tip: always start your scripts with sequence, even if you need only 1 action. It doesn't hurt and you never know when you might decide to add additional actions to a script. Yeah, and it helps also when you use sequence after every ask question for both answers and for both branches o...
by Humakt
20 Feb 2006, 12:48
Topic: Numeric Valuables problem
Replies: 29
Views: 13284

I cant use more than one command at a time, if I add the combat command then select remove this objet the combat script window disappears an is replaced with the new one. And if I use a bomb are there anything I must write to make it work? If I try to make display a message then folloed by combat, ...
by Humakt
20 Feb 2006, 12:41
Topic: Evergreen maps
Replies: 16
Views: 9680

Time's Up from H3 AB. Kind of liked the closed design with safe towns and open center. I guess the map reflects in some of my own especially H3 ones.
by Humakt
20 Feb 2006, 12:31
Topic: How much time to make a map
Replies: 75
Views: 24933

It's pretty much variable to me how long it takes to make a map. Things that affect it most are easily the inspiration (without an idea there won't be map, better the idea more motivated you are), motivation (which I've been lacking badly last two and half years or so, bored to the game I guess), pe...

Go to advanced search