Search found 573 matches

by Humakt
26 Mar 2012, 18:41
Forum: Hall of the Heretics
Topic: Fallout
Replies: 277
Views: 74421

New Vegas was released after Windows 7, but Fallout 3 never got a patch to support the latest OS. I'm about to give up, I'm not making any progress. I'll be missing on an outstanding game, but what can I do... I remember there was some DirectX solution to enable playing Fallout 3 under Windows 7 64...
by Humakt
24 Mar 2012, 12:07
Topic: Mass Effect
Replies: 174
Views: 153828

Sorry, but it's interpretation is bull... Upon what basis? I don't believe in coincidences, there's been subtle hints all over the game and especially the ending feels very dreamlike. Trees that weren't there before, not to mention the pile of bodies with Ashley's and Kaidans armors, that Citadel r...
by Humakt
24 Mar 2012, 08:22
Topic: Mass Effect
Replies: 174
Views: 153828

by Humakt
21 Dec 2011, 01:26
Topic: TES V: Skyrim Announced!
Replies: 74
Views: 40065

Metathron wrote:I'm also having a blast with the game, currently a level 32 dark elf specializing in destruction, sneak and one-handed weapons. The dragons are easy to beat, it's the giants and their herds of mammoths that I'm unwilling to tackle!
http://penny-arcade.com/comic/2011/11/09
by Humakt
12 Dec 2011, 16:53
Forum: News
Topic: H6 Patching Policy
Replies: 40
Views: 16374

Re: H6 Patching Policy

I'd say every single person pointing out how the HOMMVI AI underperforms horribly even when indulging in the most obscene degree of cheating in the series (to the point that it deserves a different word) is indeed aware of this. Is this perception applying only to heavily-scripted campaign maps or ...
by Humakt
02 Dec 2011, 15:54
Topic: TES V: Skyrim Announced!
Replies: 74
Views: 40065

Skyrim has a lot of voice acting, possibly more so than any other game, so it is reasonable to expect some lows and highs. I'm quite content with it, and there is lots of good voice acting in leading roles. But voice acting in Oblivion was mostly poor, some major characters excluded. Or maybe they j...
by Humakt
02 Dec 2011, 15:19
Forum: Heroes V-VI
Topic: > 28 days later
Replies: 88
Views: 35648

Makes me wonder, did you try H3 Wake of Gods ? I think it has part of your points inside. I did try it many years ago. For some reason it didn't really appeal to me so I didn't play it for long. Maybe they changed core mechanics too much (commanders ) and some of the new elements (at least graphica...
by Humakt
02 Dec 2011, 13:39
Topic: > 28 days later
Replies: 88
Views: 35648

I wouldn't mind H3 remake actually. However, remake must have solved balance issues (there are numerous), a lot better AI, improved graphics (but in isometric 2D), more useful spells and improve the useless ones, more secondary skills (and you can have more than 8 of them), more neutrals and couple ...
by Humakt
08 Nov 2011, 08:18
Topic: Ubisoft server down, can't play, OMG
Replies: 19
Views: 11004

Re: Ubisoft server down, can't play, OMG

shep61 wrote:Having to use STEAM was bad enough, but at least it has some value (updates, etc.).
You don't need to use Steam unless you bought it from there.
by Humakt
27 Oct 2011, 06:44
Forum: News
Topic: GameSpy Reviews Heroes VI
Replies: 35
Views: 13787

Re: GameSpy Reviews Heroes VI

Compared to AI in other heroes games, I'd say HVI's is better than in any of them. This is fairly evident when you try it in allied game (I play AI always set on hard), they even use secondary heroes to grab resources after primary hero has cleared guards. I wouldn't judge AI just from campaigns, wh...
by Humakt
22 Oct 2011, 09:27
Topic: Rank HoMM OSTs
Replies: 16
Views: 8713

1. Heroes IV
2. Heroes VI
3. Heroes II
4. Heroes III
5. Heroes V

I have HoMM I but I haven't played it much at all, so I can't comment on it soundtrack.

None of the soundtracks are bad though, and all contain some awesome songs.
by Humakt
22 Oct 2011, 00:11
Forum: Mapmaking Guild
Topic: HoMM6 Map Editor Post
Replies: 5
Views: 12132

It just gave me bad déjà vu, reminding me of H5 Map Editor. Steep learning curve and interface seems very clumsy. I don't expect lot of excellent maps from this. And those few we get, are likely more like mods than maps, making them very awkward. Nothing like editors in H2-H4. Learning curve is wors...
by Humakt
22 Oct 2011, 00:00
Topic: Where is the Map editor!?
Replies: 5
Views: 4667

It has a map editor, a laggy one with terribe GUI but the game has it.

It wasn't released in the initial version of the game, but we got it later with patch.

I don't have Steam version but H5_MapEditor.exe can be found under bin folder in game directory.
by Humakt
18 Oct 2011, 13:07
Topic: I hate Nerd Rage
Replies: 23
Views: 12163

Kristo wrote:I just hope all the nerd rage is coming from people who actually paid for the game instead of pirating it.
Sounds like you still have a carefully optimistic and naive faith in humanity?
by Humakt
18 Oct 2011, 10:28
Topic: A goodbye to HOMM! Heroes VI has ended my love for this game
Replies: 121
Views: 95828

Ruined the crossbow men upgrade what the hell were you thinking? Anyone one figured the point of upgrading that unit I haven't. That's actually a very good upgrade. Often I was able to attack multiple enemies when they were lined properly. Of course you need to be more careful with placing of your ...
by Humakt
18 Oct 2011, 10:19
Topic: Anyone else get their CE preorder from UK cancelled?
Replies: 3
Views: 2408

Re: Anyone else get their CE preorder from UK cancelled?

That may not be Ubisoft's fault. Game.co.uk has a lame policy of not sending packages over 1 kg to foreign lands. I've got CE (different than H6) cancelled from them before as well for that reason. Before that policy was established they sent me WRONG collector's edition of Fallout New Vegas (I orde...
by Humakt
19 Sep 2011, 18:06
Forum: Heroes I-IV
Topic: making videos of HOMM1-4
Replies: 4
Views: 2481

I've used CamStudio to make videos of Heroes 3 and 4.
by Humakt
19 Sep 2011, 17:36

Hey, this is the post I saw for Heroes 4! And Heroes 5! And Fallout 3! And 3rd Edition D&D! And D&D 3.5! And 4th Edition D&D! And Civilization 5! And Middle Earth: The Balrog! And so it goes on, and never changes. If we hadn't lost the rpgplanet forums, you'd be seeing the same statemen...
by Humakt
14 Sep 2011, 09:29

This is a forum. If you are going to post a huge wall of text, consider following tips. Highlight your points by formatting your text with: bold , italic and underline where appropriate. That way your post does not seem so monotonous. And more important than anything: use proper captions ! Maybe you...
by Humakt
12 Sep 2011, 22:49
Forum: Mapmaking Guild
Topic: Thunder thread
Replies: 24
Views: 21479

Allyria is now available from http://www.celestialheavens.com/thunder ... roes4.html. Pretty fun map even if I say so myself.

Also added new XL H3 SoD map (Stranded), and something fancy.

Go to advanced search