Search found 342 matches

by Steven Aus
18 Jul 2015, 13:50
Forum: News
Topic: Downtime Monday 20.7
Replies: 43
Views: 15929

All the best! Good that I started posting recently, too. :)
by Steven Aus
17 Jul 2015, 16:57
Forum: Heroes I-IV
Topic: H4: Do Wards Work Against Heroes?
Replies: 1
Views: 1815

H4: Do Wards Work Against Heroes?

I know each hero has a base class that is associated with one of the six towns. Do Wards only work against creatures of a particular alignment, or do they work against heroes of a particular alignment too? Also, you can't use Diplomacy against opposite-aligned creatures, does this mean that heroes w...
by Steven Aus
15 Jul 2015, 09:54
Topic: H4: Differences in (esp.) battle AI between difficulties.
Replies: 4
Views: 2849

No, I meant that if they are already getting resources from the mines, and have a good amount of scripted armies and high level heroes, can they provide a good challenge? The ultimate victory condition in the map is to return the Ring to Mount Doom, rather than beating up all the other players (apar...
by Steven Aus
15 Jul 2015, 09:15

What happens if mines are pre-flagged to their colour, and certain armies come in scripts and heroes are placed already at high level (say 20)?
by Steven Aus
15 Jul 2015, 05:51
Topic: Played Tolkien's War of the Ring by Yurian Stonebow?
Replies: 10
Views: 5581

I am really enjoying the map, it's fun having a LOTR-themed H4 "heroes in combat" romp in the Lord of the Rings world. When a hero "dies" I consider that they have just been incapacitated and when they are "resurrected" they are just healed back to full strength. And a ...
by Steven Aus
14 Jul 2015, 22:30

H4: Differences in (esp.) battle AI between difficulties.

I've noticed that the AI is more likely to advance shooters and less likely to use (esp.) creature spells when on the lowest difficulties, but it also advances shooters sometimes on Advanced. What are the differences in the AI between the different selectable difficulty levels, esp. the battle AI? N...
by Steven Aus
10 Jul 2015, 01:53
Topic: Dancing Crusader problem
Views: 3619

Does anyone know how to get in contact with Grumpy Old Wizard? I sent him an email a while back but have not heard from him. The Dancing Crusader has been a great map and I'd really love to finish it if at all possible, but it seems there's a bug in the map that prevents progress. I guess the high r...
by Steven Aus
08 Jul 2015, 18:44
Topic: Announcing Project Ironfist, new HoMM II mod
Replies: 101
Views: 162812

Sounds great! HOMM2 will always have a special place in my heart. =)
by Steven Aus
08 Jul 2015, 18:41
Forum: Equilibris
Topic: Where do I go for a list of all Equilibris changes?
Replies: 8
Views: 7423

Thanks, that's what I wanted, thanks. =) And I know this is not an Equilibris map, but I just finished Psychobabble's My Brother's Keeper. It was very hard, and I had to resort to saving in battle or I would never have got it done. Great and rewarding ending. =) Btw: why does Neener's Invulnerable C...
by Steven Aus
07 Jul 2015, 13:34
Topic: Played Tolkien's War of the Ring by Yurian Stonebow?
Replies: 10
Views: 5581

Played Tolkien's War of the Ring by Yurian Stonebow?

If so, I'm wondering what you thought of it. It was released in February this year.
by Steven Aus
07 Jul 2015, 11:25
Forum: Equilibris
Topic: Where do I go for a list of all Equilibris changes?
Replies: 8
Views: 7423

Where do I go for a list of all Equilibris changes?

Where do I go to find a list of the changes Equilibris 3.51 makes to base Winds of War? I know about the advanced class changes, but especially what I'm looking for is changes in stats for creatures between WoW and Equilibris.
by Steven Aus
05 Jul 2015, 11:11
Topic: Thinking of creating H4 LOTR campaign/s based on the books.
Replies: 23
Views: 9099

I've decided that I don't have the motivation to make an entire map, let alone a campaign on my own at this stage in my life. As it is, I love the H4 game, but making maps and campaigns largely on my own is beyond me.

Thanks to all the people who offered their help.

Best regards,
Steven.
by Steven Aus
05 Jul 2015, 08:22

There doesn't seem to be much indoor furnishings. I was thinking of having an underground section for Bag End, but there are no beds, and very little (if any?) furniture. What have others done when wanting to make a realistic looking indoor space? And for the sides of the house/hole, there is a choi...
by Steven Aus
04 Jul 2015, 09:32

I've narrowed it down a bit. At this stage the adaptation would start with Frodo saying goodbye to Hobbiton (allowing a chance to visit some areas in Hobbiton) then it would follow the story of the hobbits traveling from Hobbiton to Rivendell (as I find that part of the story quite interesting and s...
by Steven Aus
04 Jul 2015, 01:48

Well, I've put the call out for at least two other major collaborators on the Heroes Community forums as well, so fingers crossed. =) I would really love for the campaign/s to go ahead, but I don't think I would be able to complete it on my own. =)
by Steven Aus
03 Jul 2015, 15:31

Does anyone apart from iLiVeInAbOx05 want to offer their help?
by Steven Aus
03 Jul 2015, 14:10

Is there a detailed map of the Shire around Bag End? Or is there room for interpretation?
by Steven Aus
03 Jul 2015, 13:53
Topic: HoMM IV - A Wind of Thorns
Replies: 19
Views: 9841

No I didn't. Does it happen when collecting all the Animate Dead wands from the special patches of ground? I don't think I quite got all of them.
by Steven Aus
02 Jul 2015, 22:35
Topic: HoMM IV - A Wind of Thorns
Replies: 19
Views: 9841

I ended up choosing Golems and Nagas from Our village. Plus I took the Barbarian sister over to get the spells from Our village, including Endurance, which made a big difference in the Druid map. I had Town Gate and Teleport from "Our village" city (I had levelled the Order mage sister to ...
by Steven Aus
02 Jul 2015, 15:24

I would like to take in all the major events from the books. I know there is a short section where Aragorn, the Rangers, Legolas and Gimli set off into the Paths of the Dead. It is the only section of the book I think that none of the hobbits take part in (by and large, The Lord of the Rings is writ...

Go to advanced search