Search found 342 matches

by Steven Aus
08 Sep 2015, 15:21
Forum: Heroes VII
Topic: The Beta: Impressions
Replies: 106
Views: 70351

Re: The Beta: Impressions

I kind of like a Heroes game without Plague weeks or months (haven't seen one in the time I've been playing the MMH5.5 mod). But I wouldn't mind if regular weeks gave tier-dependent bonus growth while month weeks instead gave you two normal weeks growth added to your dwelling. If Month of Plague is ...
by Steven Aus
07 Sep 2015, 05:06
Topic: The Beta: Impressions
Replies: 106
Views: 70351

Re: The Beta: Impressions

I enjoyed the extra ones that HOMM5 had, such as Week of Trade (artifacts and resource exchange were halved - good for exchanging into resources, not good for exchanging into gold), Week of Conjunction (triple income and triple growth) and the ones where magic acts as if you had Expert in that skill...
by Steven Aus
05 Sep 2015, 16:00
Forum: Heroes I-IV
Topic: Played Tolkien's War of the Ring by Yurian Stonebow?
Replies: 10
Views: 5573

Re: Played Tolkien's War of the Ring by Yurian Stonebow?

I sent an email to the both his hotmail and gmail addresses, the hotmail one worked but AFAIK I haven't heard back from him.
by Steven Aus
04 Sep 2015, 02:06
Forum: Hall of the Heretics
Topic: Wonderquest Survival RPG
Replies: 2
Views: 2790

Re: Wonderquest Survival RPG

Hmm, interesting. :)
by Steven Aus
03 Sep 2015, 05:16
Topic: Map Editor
Replies: 42
Views: 63772

Re: Map Editor

I understand this perspective. Still, I haven't played H6 or H7 and don't plan on doing so in the near future. I did buy H5, but only to play M&M:H5.5, an excellent mod that provides much fun and balance.
by Steven Aus
29 Aug 2015, 09:45
Forum: Equilibris
Topic: Windows 10
Replies: 116
Views: 100627

Re: Windows 10

I do nothing illegal, and I don't consider that Microsoft has a right to spy on me. I am staying with Windows 7, and have removed the obvious spying by Microsoft by following this: https://www.dropbox.com/s/nlk3yibas0c38s5/copy_paste_way_to_uninstall_microsoft%27s_spy_updates.7z?dl=0 Anyway, it's po...
by Steven Aus
11 Aug 2015, 13:03
Forum: Equilibris
Topic: Windows 10
Replies: 116
Views: 100627

Re: Windows 10

Good luck! I have been enjoying Dragon's Fate campaign. I'm up to the time limited level, but on the lowest difficulty. I've decided I'd rather focus on the plot and character development rather have the absolutely hardest difficulty when I'm playing custom campaigns.
by Steven Aus
04 Aug 2015, 11:49
Topic: Where is the Brazier of Sulfur in the first Dragon's Fate map?
Replies: 6
Views: 3426

Re: Where is the Brazier of Sulfur in the first Dragon's Fate map?

I got it thanks. It was a while into the game when the thief was released though. From that Quest Hut: it's possible to get Expert Chaos Magic, once you've already got Expert Nature Magic OR Expert Order Magic. I think there may be a logic error in the script that you might want to fix. Not for my g...
by Steven Aus
03 Aug 2015, 09:21
Topic: Where is the Brazier of Sulfur in the first Dragon's Fate map?
Replies: 6
Views: 3426

Where is the Brazier of Sulfur in the first Dragon's Fate map?

Where is the Brazier of Sulfur in the first map of the Dragon's Fate campaign? I haven't been able to find it yet.
by Steven Aus
02 Aug 2015, 09:28
Topic: A new Heroes II Forum - Forums of Enroth.
Replies: 9
Views: 5802

Re: A new Heroes II Forum - Forums of Enroth.

I will still play it as features are added (by the Ironfist mod). Anyway, you never know where you will find people who like H2. Different strokes for different folks. Besides, there are still quite a decent number of downloads per week of fheroes2 - and this is despite the author having to do RL du...
by Steven Aus
01 Aug 2015, 14:41

Re: A new Heroes II Forum - Forums of Enroth.

I enjoy both - more active Heroes forums are always better than less. ;)
by Steven Aus
01 Aug 2015, 13:39
Forum: Hall of the Heretics
Topic: Heroes of a Broken Land thread.
Replies: 0
Views: 2751

Heroes of a Broken Land thread.

I've made a fairly comprehensive while being as brief as possible ;), hopefully understandable run-through of the features of the game, Heroes of a Broken Land, at this link: http://heroes2.forumactif.com/t111-homm-mm-hybrid-of-sort#1313 Note the discussion of Heroes of a Broken Land starts in the s...
by Steven Aus
01 Aug 2015, 13:34

A new Heroes II Forum - Forums of Enroth.

Here it is: http://heroes2.forumactif.com Two mods already use this forum as their official forum: the fairly new Ironfist mod for Heroes II which has already added some new scripting features, new monsters and new bugfixes to base H2/POL; and HOMM III: The Succession Wars (a game that mixes H2 feat...
by Steven Aus
30 Jul 2015, 15:36
Forum: Campfire
Topic: Praise Thread 2.0
Replies: 1409
Views: 234917

Re: Praise Thread 2.0

a hand
by Steven Aus
29 Jul 2015, 11:57
Forum: Campfire
Topic: Randomness - vol. IV
Replies: 1765
Views: 574009

Re: Randomness - vol. IV

Well, I'm happy enough with my Windows 7 64-bit, which I have been building on and customizing for years now, and even the one time my drive died, I had an image backup only a few days old.
by Steven Aus
28 Jul 2015, 07:26

I've just made a small edit when I fixed the small inaccessible area of underground by removing one square of rock. That's the only change I made. If you would like to have that version, just post here. Hopefully the author is still around and he can fix it. But the map is definitely worth playing, ...
by Steven Aus
26 Jul 2015, 10:21

Great map. I gave it a 10. There was one minor inaccessible area in the underground, but nothing gamebreaking. I was really impressed by this map. It has the LOTR flavour, as well as the HOMM4 flavour. It is a great LOTR-themed romp, and it's fun taking the enemies down with your heroes and army of ...
by Steven Aus
22 Jul 2015, 11:32
Forum: News
Topic: Downtime Monday 20.7
Replies: 43
Views: 15880

Re: Downtime Monday 20.7

I can see the smileys fine, maybe they have some plugin or ad-blocker that is stopping the smileys showing?
by Steven Aus
22 Jul 2015, 11:29
Forum: Might and Magic
Topic: MM7 resolution mod
Views: 12725

Re: MM7 resolution mod

Forums are back up now, theme will be changed later. More important things than the theme change are happening now.
by Steven Aus
22 Jul 2015, 11:07

I had a really close battle with the Rohan heroes and some other troops (including Leprechauns) and a fairly big stack of Crossbowmen, against two stacks of Ice Demons (one might have been 7 and the other 8, or both 8) and 2 stacks of 15 ghosts. I didn't have any healing spells, but I did have Holy ...

Go to advanced search