Search found 190 matches

by LordHoborgXVII
20 Mar 2006, 02:10
Forum: News
Topic: More Academy Heroes
Replies: 16
Views: 5269

And Galib looks like he's brain damaged. Of course, his brain is made out of hat-stuffing material. Otherwise he might have thought to take care of his appearance a bit. It seems the Academy is a very odd place to be. Everyone is either covered in incurable scars and injuries, or is just ridiculous...
by LordHoborgXVII
10 Mar 2006, 19:06
Topic: Letter #3: The Battlefield
Replies: 17
Views: 5802

Anything that makes the battlefield bigger has got to be a good thing, considering the 3-inch battlefields we've seen before.
by LordHoborgXVII
06 Mar 2006, 19:27
Forum: Heroes V-VI
Topic: NEUTRAL CREATURES
Views: 7774

And lets have neutral dragons!Lots of them!One for every faction unit!Gremlin dragons,halfling dragons(three quarterling dragons),titan dragons,ghost dragon dragons!! That's not a good way to welcome a newbie. Tisk tisk. :sceptic: Agree, its great to see them as neutrals but they should have been b...
by LordHoborgXVII
05 Mar 2006, 22:34
Topic: Silly names in HoMMV! ...and alternatives to them!
Replies: 312
Views: 70855

:embarrased: Never mind. Err... The clouds are nice.

The strong ones can not be killed on birth, because even at the moment of birth minotaurs are strong enough to rip apart their enemies as if they were tissue paper. Even a newborn minotaur could destroy an army of special troops.
by LordHoborgXVII
05 Mar 2006, 22:24
Forum: Campfire
Topic: Holly wood or holly crap?
Replies: 265
Views: 51794

The reason that old movies appear to be better is because only the best of old movies have truly survived and are still watched today. I have to agree that there have always been plenty of horrible movies out there. The only difference now is that there are more and more sequels to every movie the c...
by LordHoborgXVII
05 Mar 2006, 22:16
Topic: Which skin are you in?
Replies: 22
Views: 10467

I used to be using Necropolis, because I loved the title header and the colors, occasionally I used Haven because of its very light and puffy feel. I never liked the sylvan and dungeon ones because the colors blended together too much, and they were rather awkward and didn't go together too well. No...
by LordHoborgXVII
05 Mar 2006, 22:13
Topic: What are you currently reading?
Replies: 618
Views: 203052

Just finished Farewell to Arms and Tale of Two Cities, both for school. Are there any two books which could possibly have been more different from each other in terms of style? The former I enjoyed greatly, and the latter had a great deal of enjoyable tidbits, but it was rather poorly paced. Also re...
by LordHoborgXVII
05 Mar 2006, 22:00
Topic: NEUTRAL CREATURES
Views: 7774

The presence of the Death Knights is something to be applauded heartily. I was disheartened to see them absent from the Necropolis town, so it is very good that at least they made it in as neutral creatures.
by LordHoborgXVII
05 Mar 2006, 21:59
Topic: Silly names in HoMMV! ...and alternatives to them!
Replies: 312
Views: 70855

Of course ArchDevils were present in Heroes III, and they were trying to go for the 'duality,' so yes they are just there to be opposite of archangel and yes it sounds ridiculous. Devil Sovereign sounds a bit forced, but it's still better. Oh, and what's with all the Minotaur Slavery? It is horrible...
by LordHoborgXVII
03 Mar 2006, 22:21
Forum: Heroes I-IV
Topic: H3: Fav Lvl2 critter.
Replies: 208
Views: 66427

Definitely marksmen. They can be quite useful, especially with those two shots. They are quite vulnerable at times, though. Harpie hags are certainly versatile, with their 'almost ranged' attack, but I do have to say that they are ugly and that's why I don't like them. Lizardmen always strike me as ...
by LordHoborgXVII
03 Mar 2006, 22:17
Topic: H3: What Are the Best First Level Troops?
Replies: 53
Views: 24350

I'd have to go for the skellies. Although they tend to die like flies, the fact that you can amass huge numbers of them makes them quite useful. Gremlins are useful due to their ranged attack, but I usually find them to be less survivable. Goblins and gnolls are strictly meat shields, as are imps. P...
by LordHoborgXVII
03 Mar 2006, 22:13
Topic: Your "favorite" 3rd lvl creature (H3)
Replies: 41
Views: 15449

Definitely the elves, especially the grand elves with their two shots and nice crisp appearance. LvL3 creatures always were rather odd, because they always appeared surprisingly weak in battle, especially when you controlled them. They're not lvl 1's or 2's, so I don't tend to think of them as stric...
by LordHoborgXVII
03 Mar 2006, 22:04
Forum: Articles
Topic: Academy Creatures Statistics
Replies: 67
Views: 29440

It's not a rusty old robot, can't you see... I'TS A GUNDAM! Never mind what it was meant to be initially. And plus, how do we know that the spinning top hat really isn't a special helmet, with an image projected to the djinn's eyes, and the band around the outside really a sensor array, which an see...
by LordHoborgXVII
03 Mar 2006, 21:56
Topic: The Worst H4 (yes, Heroes 4) Creature Proposals
Replies: 41
Views: 24571

Jesuses... that should be a new exclamation. :lolu:

They left out the Bible Blast. :beg: Whyyy? There has to be a Bible Blast!

Of course werewolves are holy! If shit can be holy, why not werewolves?
by LordHoborgXVII
03 Mar 2006, 21:50
Topic: Expansion Heroes
Replies: 7
Views: 4385

Catherine should be a level 1 hero, or else you can't see the skills that she should start out with. In any case, is it just my imagination, or do the expansion heroes all have portraits that look absolutely ridiculous? But then again, it's nothing new, so it's all just for familiartiy.
by LordHoborgXVII
03 Mar 2006, 21:47
Topic: Academy Creatures Statistics
Replies: 67
Views: 29440

Beneath their hats, they look like THIS: :cry:
And they get upset when you take their hats off. The reason they wear their hats is to look remotely serious. Without them they would never be respected within the ranks of the army.
by LordHoborgXVII
03 Mar 2006, 21:43
Topic: Druids
Replies: 2
Views: 2093

I always liked Alagar. His Ice Bolt and Sorcery are handy for keeping your casualties to a minimum in the opening stages of the game. Though I have to agree that Ulland's advanced wisdom does have its uses.
by LordHoborgXVII
03 Mar 2006, 21:35
Topic: Inferno Hero Bios
Replies: 23
Views: 8038

Of Course: http://i8.photobucket.com/albums/a27/HoborgXVII/Clones2.jpg Most people have gotten tired of seeing this, but it's relevant. In any case, about the similarity of the heroes of each race, first of all I do think the developers are going overboard with making each race look alike. The first...
by LordHoborgXVII
01 Mar 2006, 21:22
Topic: Inferno Hero Bios
Replies: 23
Views: 8038

Pretty generic portraits, and extremely generic biographies. It seems the inferno won't be anything more than a bunch of pyromaniacs who run around killing things. :sad: I hoped they would at least have some depth to them. But then again, the heroes aren't everything. If there is a good campaign sto...
by LordHoborgXVII
24 Feb 2006, 17:17
Topic: Game: Quiz
Replies: 109
Views: 38231

never mind
Edited out answers

Go to advanced search