Search found 190 matches

by LordHoborgXVII
23 Apr 2006, 23:07
Forum: Heroes V-VI
Topic: Who does Ubi and HoMM V target?
Replies: 48
Views: 11169

Judging from this conversation it's pretty obvious just what kind of people ubisoft and hommV target. :devious: But I would have to go for Succubus over those dark elves. Really I can't blame ubisoft for trying to make hommV more 'high-profile.' Of course, I can't run it on my current computer, but ...
by LordHoborgXVII
23 Apr 2006, 22:50
Topic: "Twists and surprises"
Replies: 13
Views: 3816

I'd still say it was a scripted event. I can't imagine why they would have intended random things like that as regular non-scripted in-game occurences, they would just hurt the gameplay. I'm quite certain it was scripted by the map-maker.
by LordHoborgXVII
23 Apr 2006, 22:33
Forum: Heroes I-IV
Topic: H3: Favourite 6th level troops
Replies: 35
Views: 17981

vote Black Knight

Not only are they quite useful with thier double damage and superior stats, but I love their style, they are at the same time both meancing monsters and noble knights.
by LordHoborgXVII
23 Apr 2006, 22:27
Topic: giveing item/money to others
Replies: 2
Views: 2850

Go to the market screen (trading resources) and look for buttons around the edges. There will be a button which brings up a different menu, which shows the flags of the other players and lets you choose how much resources to give them.
by LordHoborgXVII
20 Apr 2006, 23:44
Forum: News
Topic: Five Necro Heroes
Replies: 27
Views: 6853

Skulldrudgery just sounds more like something that is extremely boring instead of deceptive. Odd word.

Vladimir... looks nothing like his name. I agree he should have been a Vampire, at least with red or something eyes instead of those beady little yellow ones.
by LordHoborgXVII
20 Apr 2006, 23:29
Topic: Favorite 4th level troops; Heart of the mid levels
Replies: 52
Views: 23912

voted Crusaders. Vampire Lords have a certain 'awesomeness' factor to them, and perform pretty well with their no retal and life drain, but I just have to go with Crusaders. In terms of gameplay they are just tough and slow, and can deal excellent damage, twice. But I really like them because of the...
by LordHoborgXVII
20 Apr 2006, 23:18
Topic: What is your favourite town without considering creatures?
Replies: 37
Views: 21282

Voted Necropolis. I usually favor the human factions, but the H3 Necropolis has a beautiful music theme, and I especially like the Necromancy skill, which makes keeping an army in the field much more manageable. Plus it has access to the skeleton converter, which effectively gets rid of those '37 dw...
by LordHoborgXVII
20 Apr 2006, 23:09
Topic: Video page up and running!
Replies: 4
Views: 2352

Very nice and timely. I love compilations and lists of every sort. Too bad there haven't been any new videos released, though.
by LordHoborgXVII
20 Apr 2006, 01:43
Forum: Campfire
Topic: site problems??
Replies: 6
Views: 4120

CH is working fine for me, but what I've noticed is that Heorespedia is completely broken. Every page results in a database error. I wonder what happened to it? It's quite a pity.
by LordHoborgXVII
19 Apr 2006, 02:24
Topic: Lord of The Rings
Replies: 130
Views: 38678

Oh my, undeads these days, are surprisingly weak arent they? And yet so pretentious... They don't even know the power of their kind Real Vampires, use hacks. :o[ But nazgul were really just afraid of water because it was near Rivendell. In the novel, though, it was mentioned that they do not love wa...
by LordHoborgXVII
19 Apr 2006, 02:13
Topic: Documentation
Replies: 0
Views: 1527

Documentation

Ah, I've noticed that the Wikipedia page for HoMM V is rather scanty. Although there has been a major move to add to it in the past, this was a long time ago and now that there is more information it is time to update the page! I have already started adding information, with some more details about ...
by LordHoborgXVII
15 Apr 2006, 23:46
Topic: Holly wood or holly crap?
Replies: 265
Views: 51718

I agree Kingdom of Heaven was well done, espeically the siege. Of course, King Guy and Reynald were portrayed completely differently from what I expected. The really made Guy the sneaky villain, and I always thought of him as more of just incompetent and foolish. Reynald was the one who I expected t...
by LordHoborgXVII
13 Apr 2006, 13:42
Topic: A dozen of new H5 screenshots:
Replies: 32
Views: 14678

They'll start eating leaves, and having red eyes... Something must be done indeed. Let's hope they won't start hopping around in crouching positions holding slabs with writing on them. That just wouldn't be good. :scared: Anywaay, the screenshots loook very nice otherwise. Why is Agrael riding a liz...
by LordHoborgXVII
10 Apr 2006, 19:00
Forum: Hall of the Heretics
Topic: Worst game you have ever played
Replies: 92
Views: 36126

EEII took that title without any effort. EEII was a dissappointment, certainly, but I would be hard-pressed to call it the worst game. Perhaps the worst game I've played was The Battle for Naboo. I can't imagine why they thought to make it a commercial product. Deadlock II: Shrine Wars was poorly d...
by LordHoborgXVII
10 Apr 2006, 18:54
Forum: Hall of the Heretics
Topic: Civ IV
Replies: 22
Views: 12084

Borders seem to be one of the 'innovative' new ideas that are being used inapporpriately nowadays. They worked in Civ, because it was a game constructed largely around that mechanic. When you introduce borders to a game that worked perfectly fine without them, the result is often dissappointing, and...
by LordHoborgXVII
10 Apr 2006, 18:40
Topic: Cutscene screens
Replies: 33
Views: 16360

Hmm, these are very nice cutscenes. They remind me of the cinematics in Age of Mythology and some other rts, even in terms of the appearance. The parchment letterboxes are... an interesting choice, to say the least. In any case, what I am wondering about is whether or not the character models will c...
by LordHoborgXVII
03 Apr 2006, 15:22
Topic: New Sylvan heroic personae
Replies: 12
Views: 6459

So basicaly you only like Anwen. :| Nah, Anwen is one of the grumpy ones. The only one that I like is Wyngaal , because he looks like a guerilla terrorist camoflauge guy, which is ironic. The one with the white cape and all is also good, but still grumpy. The second inferno hero doesn't look too in...
by LordHoborgXVII
25 Mar 2006, 23:01
Topic: New Sylvan heroic personae
Replies: 12
Views: 6459

Yes these elves are much better this time around. I don't like the freckly one much, nor the grumpy ones, but besides that they are very well done. :D
by LordHoborgXVII
20 Mar 2006, 02:37
Forum: Screenshots
Topic: Vampire Lord
Replies: 30
Views: 15252

"Aren't you a bit short for a vampire?" was my first thought. I never really imagined vampires to be short and chubby. I love the hair though, and the red colouring style. It's a nice change from the black and green we usually see, although green is better in the long run. Personally I ver...
by LordHoborgXVII
20 Mar 2006, 02:20
Forum: News
Topic: Necro Hero Bios
Replies: 42
Views: 12733

So many of the undeads are bald, which is quite a pity. I always envisioned vampires as having long, flowing hair and insane sharp-toothed grins, or at least red eyes. And what's with the spiders on their foreheads? I suppose they use them to communicate. :S

Go to advanced search