Search found 190 matches

by LordHoborgXVII
01 Oct 2006, 22:12
Forum: Heroes I-IV
Topic: Nature Dragon Evolutions
Replies: 34
Views: 19212

voted h3 green dragon
It is the only one that keeps a semblance of propriety. The others all look like plush toys.
by LordHoborgXVII
01 Oct 2006, 22:09
Topic: Lich Evolution
Replies: 48
Views: 27197

Voted for H3 Power Lich.
As much as I love the H5 archlich design, with its evil elegance and its useless but charming bangles, the greeness of it all disturbs me. The H3 one is the best, especially because of its colours. And I love the chainmail skirt.
by LordHoborgXVII
25 Sep 2006, 00:06
Topic: PikeDRAGONS evolution
Replies: 59
Views: 24718

I never want to see a haven faction again. It is surprising how so many people dislike the Haven. It was my second favorite town, after the Necropolis, of course. Probably the thing that has been upsetting everyone is the Haven's cosmetic problem, and the lack of innovation. With an improved style,...
by LordHoborgXVII
24 Sep 2006, 22:40
Topic: Your Favorite Campaign Heroes
Replies: 25
Views: 9412

Voted Sandro.

Ah, the Great Sandro, always pulling the strings in the background, seeking to plunge the world into eternal night. You just have to admire his dedication and evilness. Sandro for the win!
by LordHoborgXVII
24 Sep 2006, 21:39
Topic: Necropolis evolution
Replies: 45
Views: 23219

Voted H5. It just has that sense of dark, vertical, mind-boggling Grandeur that the other towns just fail to reach. And I don't mind the fact that it's green, it's uniformity and harmony, even in its colours, just emphasize the absoluteness of its denizens' philosophy. The other towns just look like...
by LordHoborgXVII
24 Sep 2006, 21:35
Topic: PikeDRAGONS evolution
Replies: 59
Views: 24718

Voted H4 pikemen. They were probably the only unit in H4 that did not burn my eyes, and I so adore their spikes on their helmets. A pity there were no pikemen in H5. About the mediterranean theme, I was always of the opinion that the Germanic theme is more easily identified with humans, since Greek ...
by LordHoborgXVII
30 Aug 2006, 20:22
Forum: Campfire
Topic: Wow, new banner!
Replies: 41
Views: 10285

Ah, yes these look very good banners. I haven't been around for some time and it's nice to see that this forum is making some progress. Beautiful, especially the necro one.
by LordHoborgXVII
16 Jul 2006, 19:41
Forum: Hall of the Heretics
Topic: Half life
Replies: 63
Views: 15900

Ah yes, Half Life. I haven't played the second one but in the original I think I got about as far as Zen, where I couldn't figure out how to get around on the floating disks in space. That has got to be one of the weirdest levels ever. Besides the AI in the game, I was pretty impressed by the 'tenta...
by LordHoborgXVII
14 Jul 2006, 18:49
Forum: Heroes V-VI
Topic: who wants to see the fairy dragon return?
Replies: 60
Views: 13633

voted yes Although I have to admit homvee is looking like it is going to be overloaded with dragons, the concept of a primarily spellcasting dragon does separate it from the other ones, something that is really needed. Of course it can do with some renaming, possibly, or some releveling, if needed, ...
by LordHoborgXVII
12 Jul 2006, 16:10
Topic: asian-themed race
Views: 10540

H3 had asian dwarves, so it's not that far-fetched.

btw we can't have rats and white tigers in the same town.
by LordHoborgXVII
11 Jul 2006, 22:44
Topic: Your favorite Campaign Heroes (Nominations)
Replies: 32
Views: 12831

Sandro (h3)for his brilliant evilness and persistence
Catherine (h3) for fighting the immensely hard RoE campaigns
Grand Moff... er, Baron Von Tarkin (h4) for the name
by LordHoborgXVII
11 Jul 2006, 22:35
Topic: Phoenix Evolution
Replies: 40
Views: 26621

Voted H5 3DO

It combines the heraldric look of the H2 pheonix with more realistic, more elegant colors, and isn't completely on fire like the H3 and 4 ones. It's certainly the most majestic one. If only 3DO was still around...
by LordHoborgXVII
11 Jul 2006, 22:28

Heroes 3 made an exploration into aztec themes with its fortress town, for which the main castle was a mesoamerican pyramid with 'glyphs' on its gates, but it fortunately didn't extend that connection any further. They just picked an interesting cultural element and plopped it in where it fit well (...
by LordHoborgXVII
10 Jul 2006, 22:55
Topic: Coatl, an alternative name to Naga for snake people.
Replies: 50
Views: 11564

I know, I was just examining some other options besides what you proposed and talking about them too.

But yeah it would be a pity if they created a whole race of nagas without keeping the old h3-4 nagas in.
by LordHoborgXVII
10 Jul 2006, 22:52

@LordHoborgXVII Ur kiding me, right? Castle has always been medieval french/english/german europe in theme. Yeah they've been european in theme, but more from a broader fantasy perspective. Now they have blatantly German writing on their armour and swords, which they haven't ever had before, and so...
by LordHoborgXVII
10 Jul 2006, 21:46

One one hand, HoMM has never really been about dividing its towns into national groups, greek and egyptian mythology units being distributed between towns, so having specific national towns would be changing a long-standing feature of the game. However, I have to agree that with the new Arabic theme...
by LordHoborgXVII
10 Jul 2006, 21:38
Topic: Coatl, an alternative name to Naga for snake people.
Replies: 50
Views: 11564

I'd have to go for naga, and include them as a unit rather than as a race. The defining factor is that we've seen nagas in previous HoMM games, and Coatl is certainly a term less referenced, so replacing naga with coatl wouldn't work very well. I would much rather attack a town with a group of good ...
by LordHoborgXVII
06 Jul 2006, 23:46
Topic: pictures of creatures homm3
Replies: 9
Views: 5287

Well there's a vampire lord picture from this series in the 'Vampire Evolution' thread, if you want to see it.
by LordHoborgXVII
06 Jul 2006, 23:43
Topic: Vampire Evolution
Replies: 70
Views: 38868

Voted H5 unupgraded I particularly prefer the more 'noble' vampires, with the long capes and fancy armour. The ponytail, while occasionally comical, is a great touch that makes this vampire look more vain and self-posessed, traits befitting a true vampire. The sword, while I must agree its not a wea...
by LordHoborgXVII
04 Jul 2006, 16:43
Topic: Dwarven town for expansion
Replies: 148
Views: 39074

I'm not too keen on the idea of dwarves with guns, sounds too much like Warcraft. I mean, certainly dwarves should have at least a certain emphasis on forging and technology, but not to that much of an extent. I do like the ram riding, though, and it would work in HoMM as well. My suggestion for the...

Go to advanced search