Search found 79 matches

by Silence
Mar 21 2007, 11:43
Forum: News
Topic: Old Boy Answers Questions
Replies: 55
Views: 6310

Jolly Joker wrote:1.5 will have some AI improvements.

Duke Nukem Forever will use Quake II engine. That is(was) an official statement from some years ago.
by Silence
Mar 19 2007, 7:03
Forum: Heroes I-IV
Topic: Boragus Identity
Replies: 9
Views: 5360

His specialty is ogres and he is a greenskin. Looking at the shape of his nose, and other parts of his face, he could easily be a hybrid like Yog. Ogre/human most likely. Considering the body size and appearance of orcs, goblins and ogres in Homm3 world, I'd say ogre more likely than the other green...
by Silence
Feb 27 2007, 11:14
Forum: Mapmaking Guild
Topic: "Unknown" authors
Replies: 6
Views: 2424

The readmes are nice:

This map is taken from the catalogue w ww.heroesportal.net

Not to mention that some minimaps are from wrong maps.

And GOW is a proud Union Jack waver?

And who the hell knows anything about Myythryyn?

And some unknown authors are known to be Ukrainians...
by Silence
Feb 24 2007, 20:57
Topic: Help on Starting Resources Scripting
Replies: 21
Views: 5075

--determine difficulty level: easy(1), normal(2), hard(3) or heroic(4) if GetPlayerResource (whoishuman, GOLD) <=12000 then difficultylevel = 4; elseif GetPlayerResource (whoishuman, GOLD) <= 22000 then difficultylevel = 3; elseif GetPlayerResource (whoishuman, GOLD) <= 32000 then difficultylevel =...
by Silence
Dec 13 2006, 12:47
Forum: Heroes V-VI
Topic: Dream Team
Replies: 37
Views: 6005

L1 - skeletons perhaps (ranged, particularly good growth if raise archers is allowed) L2 - possibly gargoyles. Furies are excellent for creeping melee fighters, but with ranged lvl 1 and 3, their role would be lower. Thus considering the growth and abilities of other early levels, gargs could be bet...
by Silence
Nov 9 2006, 17:23
Topic: Problem with the editor
Views: 2644

OK, my memory didn't serve me too well. You have to click on the tile that consist the steep cliff in positions where the ramp should appear. Click on it, and without releasin the mouse button drag towards *lower* plane. Diagonal dragging does not work tough.
by Silence
Nov 9 2006, 15:09
Topic: Problem with the editor
Views: 2644

ive never yet had a ramp appear on the first mouse click. Isn't it written even in the manual that it is not someting you can "paste" by clicking. You have to drag it. Basically select a terrain tile from one height and drag it to lower/higher level crossing the level separating steep cliff on your...
by Silence
Sep 18 2006, 7:00
Topic: Map Editor Troubles: Underground
Replies: 5
Views: 3585

Smoate, it sounds like you have forgotten to *lower* the ground. Underground level is by default solid rock, and to create a cave you need to use the lowering tool first (some say that only 3x3 brush works.)
by Silence
Sep 15 2006, 10:27
Topic: [H5 EDITOR] Troubleshooting topic
Replies: 579
Views: 147962

I just did and edit2 to my last post while you posted, you can check these ideas up as well...
by Silence
Sep 15 2006, 10:00

Then call the function using Trigger (NEW_DAY_TRIGGER), but that doesn't work... The function name should be listed as well IIRC. Thus: Trigger (NEW_DAY_TRIGGER, "Message") If you have more than one new_day_trigger and it triggers only the first one, then you need to make it a bit more tricky, but ...
by Silence
Sep 14 2006, 13:52

Player 1 is human. Player 2 is computer. That's the first thing I checked too. Player 1 starts with one town and one hero... Player 2 has five towns and one hero is generated in his main town. Really I can't find what's wrong. Check the teams tab. Your both players may acidentially be allies and ha...
by Silence
Sep 13 2006, 14:27
Forum: News
Topic: Being Cranky : The Farmers of Hate
Replies: 15
Views: 2547

Being Cranky : The Farmers of Hate

I was always under impression that the expansion is called "Hamsters of Fate". The main game even had a hint as a special week said: "Double growth for Hamsters and Combat Berzerk Hamsters"
by Silence
Aug 11 2006, 10:05
Forum: Might and Magic
Topic: PLZ HELP i bought mm7 and cant get it installed
Replies: 4
Views: 2903

Or you could try using a program to make an ISO of the CD and you could copy that ISO onto a blank disc and install from that. Wouldn't it be simpler to try to copy entire CD to harddrive and start the installation from harddrive? It sounds like there is a scratch on CD which prevents data extracti...
by Silence
Aug 10 2006, 11:56
Topic: H-V Map Editor, "Now that I've played much of the game&
Replies: 44
Views: 17786

But having text windows and the task system known from H5 campaigns the mapmakers will be able to build interesting stories. You mean the objectives description and dialogue log (or whatever it was called) windows? They are comfortably large, but uncomfortable to access for every story piece. Or yo...
by Silence
Aug 10 2006, 10:12
Topic: H-V Map Editor, "Now that I've played much of the game&
Replies: 44
Views: 17786

Ururam Tururam wrote:Well, don't worry guys, judging from the beta (as you know for one of previous POTDs I have seen it) we will get a powerful tool.

Lifting hopes for a harder fall? ;|
by Silence
Jan 31 2006, 11:39
Topic: New list of creatures of H5
Replies: 56
Views: 14787

And here we go, the famous, ultra cool DEMILICH! :-D *sigh Arch Lich was the best of three names, Power, Demi and Arch :rolleyes: "demi" means "half" or "partly". demigod is someone between normal being and a god, demilich is someone who is half way to lichdom. Why an upgrade is named like a downgr...
by Silence
Jan 31 2006, 10:34
Topic: New list of creatures of H5
Replies: 56
Views: 14787

1) low level creatures are useless cannon fodder again. Relatively low growth rate + very weak stats = dead creatures Based on practical experiences the usability of low level creatures is superior to every previous homm game. Of course a part of it is due to hero skills/abilities and creature spec...
by Silence
Jan 30 2006, 16:22
Topic: Hero Trace, do we really need it?
Replies: 7
Views: 3471

It has some use for detecting the strength of enemy hero when it passes through your lands during your turn. Even if he ends under shroud again, so that you cannot right-click on him, you can tell whether he was a scout or something more. Beside that, it is only eyecandy that is supposed to add some...
by Silence
Jan 29 2006, 20:46
Topic: Creature stats
Replies: 39
Views: 13128

For a multiplayer game, being able, but not forced to build all dwellings within 2 weeks is great. Despite of having access you cannot build all dwellings, upgrades, mage guild levels, special structures though. Since a MP game lasts only a few weeks you therefore have to make a choice of strategy. ...

Go to advanced search