by Silence
12 Apr 2007, 18:46
Forum: News
Topic: Tribes of the East Announced
Replies: 207
Views: 63924

Re: Tribes of the East Announced

King Imp wrote:
Why not Troll Warrior and Ogre Warlord? Why do they all have to be an Orc?
Orc is shorter word than Trpll or Oqre, thus lower probability for spelling mistakes. Spelling mistakes annoy the fans, you know.
by Silence
12 Apr 2007, 09:30
Forum: Heroes V-VI
Topic: Planning to Buy ‘Tribes of the East?’
Replies: 265
Views: 56668

JJ You realize that I am not arguing against the good/evil point, right? I absolutely agree that the good/evil is decided by which hero player/mapmaker *choses* and how he plays. My point is, as you put it: society vs alliance. In alliance the player/mapmaker can again *chose* the leading nation. In...
by Silence
12 Apr 2007, 07:32

This is true BOTH ways, Zam. Something that is ALWAYS and per definition evil is just as boring as something that's per definition good. So the best is GREY, because grey can either become black or white, and in the world of Homm (and probably in reality as well) it depends on the so-called leaders...
by Silence
11 Apr 2007, 20:19

That sounds more like a TELEPORT function for me. I mean, they sure can't crack walls with Goblins and I don't see how they will be able to hit something like a Dragon with Goblins and doing damage. Moreover,, how many Goblins will you fire this way. Let's say you have a dozen Cyclopses , level 7 c...
by Silence
11 Apr 2007, 19:51

A town full of the same creatures? Like what? Inferno? Or Necropolis? Haven? Sure, but in H 2 there was one more human creature and the town is like the one in H 3. I would argue that it is not the dry nummerical count of one species creatures or the percent of them. It is more that the theme of th...
by Silence
11 Apr 2007, 06:30
Topic: Unfair Hostility to Heroes 5 and Nival >.<
Replies: 135
Views: 26812

No this topic was supposed ot be about Bias people had before the game when it was announced Russian developer would create it, people refused to buy it because they did not want to support "Ex-Commies" I musta been away that day Me too. The people who were to boycott the game did it beca...
by Silence
10 Apr 2007, 10:54

Why continue a senseless debate about what caused this company or that company to act this way or release a game this way? Isn't the knowledge about the cause necessary for finding a cure? Can we now move on to discussing how they are remedying the situation and if that is adequate to make the game...
by Silence
10 Apr 2007, 09:53
Forum: Campfire
Topic: Game: Questions and answers - how well do you know Heroes?
Replies: 200
Views: 48756

I understand why you are saying this, but it is not as dangerous as it may seem. Did you actually try it? Not really. I usually avoid ghosts in my army since they tend to make the game boring :) Question: Armageddons blade is not a combination artifact that can be made by gathering the pieces. Acco...
by Silence
09 Apr 2007, 18:01

Which is why I said that I downloaded it, I didn't support no publisher so I didn't want people to get the wrong idea that I was complaining about money ;) Soh, you pirated the game and then come here to tell the people who actually paid for it, that our complains are not justified? By the way plea...
by Silence
08 Apr 2007, 08:32
Topic: Game: Questions and answers - how well do you know Heroes?
Replies: 200
Views: 48756

What about using a "Miror Image" on yr stack(s) to be consumated by not so large stack of enemy ghosts in your later favour - so being devoured gratefully by your ghosts ? Having haunt mine and mirror image would be a nice combo. But haunt mine isn't that common spell in guilds and in fir...
by Silence
07 Apr 2007, 07:50

What does Nival have to do with the fact that communist Russia dominated parts of Eastern Europe until 1989? Should they make stickers on their products with an apology for being part of a country that may have failed in the past? Perhaps they could start with NOT including WW2 tanks and planes int...
by Silence
06 Apr 2007, 18:21

The second Heroes of Might and Magic V expansion, <i>Tribes of the East</i>, will be released this Fall. This fall? Is it before or after the patch 1.5 for the original game? <b>*</b> New Orc Faction: First made famous in Dark Messiah of Might & Magic™, the brutal Orc faction now comes to the H...
by Silence
31 Mar 2007, 21:26
Topic: RTO Contest VII - Results
Replies: 13
Views: 3315

ThunderTitan wrote:Great, i got defeated by "guy with crown at an angle on head" and "guy with funny expression and piece of wood in hair". These contests are rigged dammit.
The judges probably thought that for looking like someone else mask is easier way than grimacing your own face.
by Silence
29 Mar 2007, 09:56
Topic: Your 5 favorite bands
Replies: 84
Views: 18498

Jolly Joker wrote:So this means CURRENT 5 favorite bands, not ALL-TIME favorite bands?
Um, yes, current. And you are absolutely prohibited to post your all-time favourites. Or did the thread starter mean it vice versa? Feel free to puzzle about this important problem all day along :)
by Silence
29 Mar 2007, 08:32

What about Best Album or Best Song categories? Not to mention Currently Listening or Best Band of the last decade? A band can do a great song or album, but completely fail in some other categories/songs/albums. A favourite band for me is a band whom I trust enough to buy their products without a se...
by Silence
28 Mar 2007, 08:27

There are many names and not sure in which order and how many should be named in order to be politically correct, but if you need just 5 then perhaps:

Sirenia
Epica
Therion
Nightwish
Stratovarius
by Silence
23 Mar 2007, 19:47
Topic: Mapmakers, Reclaim your Maps
Replies: 64
Views: 22322

Well, I see that HP policy has been to accept everything that can be played by any Homm game. And it does not really matter is it the author who is submitting or someone else.I cannot say that I am a big fan of such system, but I admit it has its good sides. Yet I think that when downloading a map f...
by Silence
23 Mar 2007, 15:54

Starbatron, and what about readmes that consist only advertisment to the site? On all other sites, readmes list the map info, *not only the author* but also credits to playtesters and possible spoilers to those who may get stuck. Even more, some maps (WoG) use external files, like custom protrairs f...
by Silence
22 Mar 2007, 20:40

From their shop it looks like they even sell CDs with the maps.

Even if they have a link to CH (I could not find any links to other Homm sites) , i would recommend removing their name from the CH Homm sites/links list.

Edit: and certainly ban all IPs from Kiev :devil:
by Silence
22 Mar 2007, 10:49
Topic: Contest V - Results
Replies: 35
Views: 7531

Sails/Veins: one comes across veins of ore in MM7, which is why it's accepted. I know no quest or similar involving sails, which is why it wasn't. In H4 elf lovers campaign (last map IIRC) you had to chose the right-coloured sails for your trip to home. Wrong sails lead to failed mission if i am no...

Go to advanced search