Search found 2606 matches

by Metathron
Oct 27 2011, 19:18
Forum: Heroes V-VI
Topic: Underestimated Skills/Spells/Abilities
Replies: 17
Views: 6498

Gives you the mass haste spell on advanced level.
by Metathron
Oct 27 2011, 19:17
Topic: Why not "HOMM6" but "MMH6"?
Replies: 6
Views: 2168

Corporate lack of wits issues.
by Metathron
Oct 27 2011, 16:44
Topic: All this "i m not happy with the game" - h6 is awe
Replies: 13
Views: 5052

I hate the reduction in resource types. It really reduces the amount of decision making involved in building your town. And it also gives less options when designing a map. Once you give the player wood/ore/crystal mines, that's it, his whole town will be built. I have to disagree. There is a lot o...
by Metathron
Oct 27 2011, 16:37
Topic: Bugs
Replies: 121
Views: 30338

So does that mean you shouldn't upgrade your hero to either tears or blood before completing the second mission?
by Metathron
Oct 26 2011, 20:24
Topic: Blood or Tears path?
Replies: 16
Views: 13443

Can't vote. Where is the "I'm an opportunist and will take whatever skills seem best at the time?" option? So far have taken blood for Anastasya and Anton, tears for Irina; mostly because I want to be able to play the alternative ending in the final campaign, but I actually ended up liking...
by Metathron
Oct 26 2011, 7:32
Topic: Official HoMM VI Reviews.
Replies: 78
Views: 20785

The IGN review finally here! A good score, but all in all a rather sloppy and shallow review.

http://pc.ign.com/articles/121/1210600p1.html

8/10
by Metathron
Oct 25 2011, 22:15

Hardly, considering the unenviable amount of bugs and lack of polish.
by Metathron
Oct 25 2011, 21:10

No biggie, I just keep an eye on Metacritic. Here's the latest one:

http://www.incgamers.com/Reviews/1252/t ... -vi-review 5/10
by Metathron
Oct 25 2011, 20:58
Topic: Town Portal
Replies: 11
Views: 3825

It's definitely better than H5 where you could just teleport over major choke points and ignore those...uhh...gates? The ones unlocked by getting a "key" from a tent, like in the map "Rise to power" for example.
by Metathron
Oct 25 2011, 10:49
Forum: News
Topic: GameSpy Reviews Heroes VI
Replies: 35
Views: 7142

Here's their Battlefield 3 review: http://pc.gamespy.com/pc/battlefield-3/1210517p1.html Pros: Amazing visual and audio experience; deep, layered multiplayer with a strong mix of maps; a huge package including singleplayer, co-op and multiplayer. Cons: Unoriginal storyline; weak AI; issues with mult...
by Metathron
Oct 25 2011, 0:48
Topic: Pronunciation of "Igor"
Replies: 20
Views: 9877

That's true, but I was talking about the names as they appear in the game. The only South-Slavic name I've witnessed so far is "Djordje" (Serbian) in the Haven campaign.
by Metathron
Oct 25 2011, 0:37
Topic: Pronunciation of "Igor"
Replies: 20
Views: 9877

Because most of those are typically Russian names.

Definitely not Croatian, or any other South Slavic language for that matter.
by Metathron
Oct 24 2011, 21:51
Topic: Finished Sanctuary campaign (Bugs, impression, and spoilers)
Views: 6627

Thanks for the insight on how the AI works. In my game, the inferno heroes have taken the inferno town from the wolf army. I suspect they will move against me next, so I'll gather my forces and attack. I reckon it's "safe" to take the inferno town now, since it doesn't belong to the wolves...
by Metathron
Oct 24 2011, 21:01

I have just accepted the fishing village quest. Hopefully that won't unleash the wrath of the wolf duchy heroes on me. I am certainly more of a cautious, retiring player who takes time to clear the starting area first and doesn't rush towards objectives, but I must be playing really badly/slowly if ...
by Metathron
Oct 24 2011, 20:34

A question about the final scenario. Did anyone go against the secondary objective that tells you not to capture any wolf city except Isengrim? I thought that the (by this point puny) experience you get as a reward was not worth the bonus of having extra towns, so I attacked the first demon town wes...
by Metathron
Oct 24 2011, 18:47
Topic: Forts worth converting?
Replies: 12
Views: 7335

Forts of your own faction give you more gold per day, check the fort's income before and after you convert it. I think it's 500 for your own fort and 250 for any other. Since it's about 1500 gold to convert a fort, it would pay for itself after a week. Oh really? So conversion isn't pointless after...
by Metathron
Oct 24 2011, 18:43
Forum: News
Topic: GotP Paul Romero Music
Replies: 6
Views: 1753

This is the best number from the soundtrack, along with "The Last Stand of Duke Pavel Griffin" (the one from the trailer). Unfortunately, the rest of the score is not as good, though there are a couple more that are pretty good. Is Paul Romero super rich? A lot of his videos make it seem l...
by Metathron
Oct 24 2011, 18:35
Topic: Forts worth converting?
Replies: 12
Views: 7335

As far as I remember, forts have no moat, only walls (level 1). In a proper town, a moat is added when you build level 2 city walls, towers for level 3. So converting forts would be a waste of resources. Can you town portal to a fort that is of a different race? Can you convert dwellings in the area...

Go to advanced search