Search found 2606 matches

by Metathron
03 Nov 2011, 17:35
Forum: News
Topic: Animation Breakdown
Replies: 4
Views: 3290

That intro video looks impressive indeed. If only the rest of the game had received the same amount of polish.
by Metathron
03 Nov 2011, 17:32
Forum: News
Topic: GameSpy Reviews Heroes VI
Replies: 35
Views: 13801

No, you can play the campaigns offline, because that's exactly what I have done.
by Metathron
03 Nov 2011, 00:39
Forum: Heroes V-VI
Topic: Thoughts on the final campaign
Views: 3225

I storm the 1st map of the final campaign and manage to hold out in the fort for 7 days with minimal losses, thinking I successfully completed the mission, only to have Michael attack me. My army was a joke compared to his uber-glories, as well as his insane skills, and for a moment I thought I was ...
by Metathron
02 Nov 2011, 20:53

I played all the campaigns with their default heroes. Heck, I didn't even know you could change their affinities until five minutes ago.

EDIT: Restarted the game a couple of times and now I can choose a hero. :|
by Metathron
02 Nov 2011, 20:36

Thoughts on the final campaign

I've completed all the other campaigns, but neither mission 1 nor 2 are clickable. Clicking the + icon does nothing either.

Anyone had this happen to them?
by Metathron
02 Nov 2011, 14:38
Topic: Simple Questions Simple Answers thread
Replies: 310
Views: 156574

I don't think there's a way then.
by Metathron
01 Nov 2011, 13:46
Topic: Single player skirmish maps are not worth playing
Replies: 28
Views: 19449

Which is kind of my point to begin with - don't make the mistake of judging a game not made for skirmish/hot seat/multiplayer on those points. . I do think this game has to last long to be "good" in the long run, meaning that it has to provide enough diversity and challenge, at least agai...
by Metathron
01 Nov 2011, 12:15
Topic: Single player skirmish maps are not worth playing
Replies: 28
Views: 19449

While campaigns are one of my favourite things in Heroes games, and I will replay them several times if they are really enjoyable (H2, H4), there's only so much time you can spend on the same (scripted) campaign over and over again, so I do think having a sharp, competitive multiplayer/singleplayer ...
by Metathron
30 Oct 2011, 21:36
Topic: Simple Questions Simple Answers thread
Replies: 310
Views: 156574

1) When I click a Fort, I can see how many creatures it brings at the start of a new week. How to do the same for a city/town? I don't see it anywhere... Open the kingdom screen. It's the icon at the bottom left of your screen. It should be made clearer what it does, because I thought it was just t...
by Metathron
29 Oct 2011, 22:02
Topic: Wow, this game is rediculously hard
Replies: 20
Views: 12979

Yes, it's cheap. A few days should have to pass at least before a city can be converted. Or something to that effect. The difficulties are definitely out of whack. Easy should indeed be made easy, not normal. It must be off-putting and frustrating for less experienced players, let alone new players....
by Metathron
29 Oct 2011, 11:58
Topic: Official HoMM VI Reviews.
Replies: 78
Views: 34101

by Metathron
28 Oct 2011, 15:06
Topic: Signposts
Replies: 2
Views: 1847

Signposts

Does anyone else find their existence useful in the campaigns?

How about featuring some game/map tips or Ashan trivia, instead of trite descriptions of the signposts themselves, along the lines of "This one here's been chiseled out of oak and has been slightly nibbled by woodworms." :|
by Metathron
28 Oct 2011, 14:53
Topic: Any console code?
Replies: 7
Views: 4915

I haven't seen any mention of cheats as of yet.
by Metathron
28 Oct 2011, 14:51
Topic: How to rotate the world map & change camera height?
Replies: 9
Views: 15653

Delete/Page down rotates, also try home, end, page up
Not sure what you mean by camera height - the mouse wheel zooms in and out though, but you're probably after something else.
by Metathron
28 Oct 2011, 13:23
Topic: Tutorial campaign questions
Views: 2699

You need to invest a skill point in the tactics skill, it's under the tactics tab.

No idea why the buttons are greyed out, I use W and D as well, though these keyboard shortcuts stop working sometimes, e.g. when you get attacked by an enemy hero.
by Metathron
27 Oct 2011, 23:26
Topic: I decided to get it
Replies: 7
Views: 3922

Well, investing in spells like (mass) heal and (mass) regeneration will help.

You can split the units prior to battle, that is before you enter the battle screen, by holding the shift key and clicking on the unit you want to split.
by Metathron
27 Oct 2011, 22:26
Topic: Underestimated Skills/Spells/Abilities
Replies: 17
Views: 10924

See that sucks because I think I got advanced light magic with my inferno hero as well as mass haste already... so getting this was basically a waste then. Brilliant :/ Thanks for the explanation. I wish I knew. I would have picked the other thing. It's not a waste if you don't already have the has...
by Metathron
27 Oct 2011, 21:02
Topic: Underestimated Skills/Spells/Abilities
Replies: 17
Views: 10924

Gives an initiative boost to all your units when you cast the spell, meaning their turns will come faster. Advanced means the power of the spell is as if your hero had Advanced light magic and the Master of wrath subskill. The Haste spell with no proficiency in light magic will give a 10% initiative...
by Metathron
27 Oct 2011, 19:24
Topic: Official HoMM VI Reviews.
Replies: 78
Views: 34101

http://www.ztgd.com/reviews/15610/might ... heroes-vi/ 8.5
+ Deep, strategic experience
+ Lots of customization
+ Tons of content
+ Fantastic music and sound effects

- AI can be brutally difficult