Search found 2606 matches

by Metathron
20 Nov 2011, 15:01
Forum: Heroes V-VI
Topic: Haven Campaign 4 - Sveltana an Ally? [SPOILER]
Replies: 4
Views: 3205

I also tried walking up to her and wanted to elicit some kind of response from her, but nothing happened. No idea what the point of her arrival in that map is. She just sat there and did nothing.
by Metathron
19 Nov 2011, 16:54
Topic: Feat/Spell/Skill Testimony
Replies: 42
Views: 24022

Both.
by Metathron
16 Nov 2011, 22:42
Forum: Hall of the Heretics
Topic: TES V: Skyrim Announced!
Replies: 74
Views: 39611

Ethric wrote:Tested this a bit... egads, the UI is dreadful. I deem it too annoying to play until someone mods it.
How does it compare to Oblivion's?
by Metathron
14 Nov 2011, 00:31
Topic: Trouble in mission 3 of Irina Campaign
Views: 3400

Regarding sea travel, are you sure your army consists of naga only? As for the map, I don't remember which one it is precisely, though your troubles with trying to reach the bottom left sound familiar. If it is the map I'm thinking of then your goal is the top left part of the map, not the bottom le...
by Metathron
13 Nov 2011, 18:26
Topic: How to Play Each Faction (to supplement Maltz’s walkthroughs
Replies: 16
Views: 39909

Wait, aren't you the one who claimed that HOMM VI had ended your love for the game? :tongue:
by Metathron
12 Nov 2011, 20:33
Topic: difference between factions' heroes?
Views: 2704

Nope they're basically all the same. The only difference I've observed is that not all magic schools are available to all factions, e.g. inferno doesn't have access to light magic, stronghold to prime, etc.
by Metathron
12 Nov 2011, 20:27
Topic: Trouble Getting pre-order Items
Replies: 5
Views: 2749

by Metathron
09 Nov 2011, 21:28
Topic: A goodbye to HOMM! Heroes VI has ended my love for this game
Replies: 121
Views: 94928

Artas1984 wrote:You forgot to include the option:

any game after Heroes 3 is a disappointment
:snore:
by Metathron
08 Nov 2011, 23:57
Topic: Official HoMM VI Reviews.
Replies: 78
Views: 33155

http://gamingtrend.com/game_reviews/review-might-and-magic-heroes-vi/ 8/10 PROS: The graphics and art style are good The Might and Magic Heroes formula is intact Hotseat multiplayer is present The lengthy campaign will give you your monies worth It has an addictive “one more turn” quality CONS: The ...
by Metathron
08 Nov 2011, 23:06
Topic: Ubisoft server down, can't play, OMG
Replies: 19
Views: 10883

Some people like being anally examined before they can play the game. Of course, then there are normal people who suffer such things and there are pirates who laugh at those who have to bother themselves with the DRM. Pirates can only play in offline mode, can't use dynasty weapons or the altar of ...
by Metathron
08 Nov 2011, 11:23
Topic: Ubisoft server down, can't play, OMG
Replies: 19
Views: 10883

Spin wrote:If you chose the option for Ubisoft to synchonise your save games or whatever,
Why does such an option even exist and who would willingly choose it?

But no, one cannot possibly blame the customers here, and it is truly a travesty the Might and Magic brand fell into Ubisoft's inept clutches.
by Metathron
07 Nov 2011, 21:03

http://www.tentonhammer.com/reviews/homm-vi 68/100 (Metacritic say 61, though, must be a mistake I suppose) Pros: Lots of little nifty fixes to reduce hero caravans/micromanagement Some awesome combat animation Really nailed the setting for most of the factions, especially Sanctuary Cons Auto battle...
by Metathron
06 Nov 2011, 15:32
Topic: Simple Questions Simple Answers thread
Replies: 310
Views: 154680

Sometimes the town portal spells just disappears from the spell book, happened to me several times but IIRC only with secondary heroes. I "fixed" it (or thought I did) by building a town portal in another town. The second bug is well known and only a restart will help. Someone said it was ...
by Metathron
04 Nov 2011, 14:25
Topic: Faction analysis: Necropolis
Replies: 26
Views: 13901

vampires are the hugest disappointment to me, knowing they're not overpowered like they were in Heroes 3/4. They seem like the least useful Elite Creature to be honest, in fact the entire necro Elite is fairly meh. The champion unit however is by far my most favourite in the game. I was giggling li...
by Metathron
04 Nov 2011, 14:13
Topic: Feat/Spell/Skill Testimony
Replies: 42
Views: 24022

I always take Ambush as well. Looking at your build, I would trade skills like pathfinding, heroism, _______ magic,... for counterstrike. The first and second levels are not spectacular but the third one definitely is, allowing your units to retaliate before they're even attacked. This one is right ...
by Metathron
04 Nov 2011, 13:40
Topic: Ubisoft, piracy, and the death of reason
Replies: 8
Views: 5492

Ubisoft, piracy, and the death of reason

Here are a couple of interesting reads on the topic of DRM and piracy: http://www.pcgamer.com/2011/10/07/opinion-ubisoft-piracy-and-the-death-of-reason/ http://www.pcgamer.com/2011/10/25/gabe-newell-on-piracy-and-steams-success-in-russia/ This wasn’t Valve’s approach, though – it offered the carrot ...
by Metathron
04 Nov 2011, 12:24

http://darkstation.com/reviews/might-an ... heroes-vi/ 8/10
parcaleste wrote:
Top Game Moment: Finding a rare artefact that gives your hero a debilitating spell that he can utilise in battle.
:D
by Metathron
04 Nov 2011, 00:03
Forum: Screenshots
Topic: Begging Goblin
Replies: 7
Views: 4676

Re: Begging Goblin

Ethric wrote:Why marshmellow?
Because "crystal meth" doesn't quite have that endearing ring to it...
by Metathron
03 Nov 2011, 23:02
Forum: News
Topic: GameSpy Reviews Heroes VI
Replies: 35
Views: 13619

Only the dynasty weapons, and they are not essential for game progression.

Go to advanced search