Search found 2606 matches

by Metathron
24 Oct 2011, 10:14
Forum: Heroes V-VI
Topic: Some issues with the Haven campaign
Replies: 5
Views: 4236

Have you looked at the kingdom overview screen? The location of most quests is marked there. It is somewhere in the middle of the map, roughly, I missed that area as well; there is a sanctuary town there and I kept wondering why the naga heroes keep coming back when I have captured all of their citi...
by Metathron
23 Oct 2011, 19:36
Topic: Simple Questions Simple Answers thread
Replies: 310
Views: 154656

Re: Simple Questions Simple Answers thread

Mirez wrote:
Banedon wrote: I have a question: How to remove the town/fort/dwelling conversion animation?
That would be good to know.
by Metathron
23 Oct 2011, 19:35
Topic: Will they get rid of uplay?
Replies: 10
Views: 5391

Then you don't get to use the dynasty bonuses. To me they don't seem so powerful that their absence should be game breaking...
H4's narration was solid.
I'd go one step further and say it was good! :)
by Metathron
23 Oct 2011, 19:31
Topic: Main differences with HOMM V??
Replies: 16
Views: 5504

Well, you can split the creatures before entering a battle using shift.
by Metathron
23 Oct 2011, 19:06
Topic: Week of fever & other malfunctions
Replies: 8
Views: 3814

I did reload, to the same day actually, and it helped. However, this bug seems to be occurring independently of any 'week of...' as I checked a bit later and the creature growth was decreased again - and by a different value this time. This makes things even worse as you get an unpleasant surprise o...
by Metathron
23 Oct 2011, 17:50
Topic: Town Portal
Replies: 11
Views: 7480

For basic town portal, you need to be stationed in a town.

For advanced, from anywhere on the map (including a town).

You can access the spells by opening the spellbook in the lower right corner. Also, be careful not to use up too much movement before trying to teleport.
by Metathron
23 Oct 2011, 17:47

Wait, so any kind of reload will fix the problem, or do you have to load back to before the particular malfunctioning week started? I don't save too often, so the latter would be a problem. EDIT: I see that any kind of reload fixes the problem. Thanks! It's true that the eastern stronghold is lightl...
by Metathron
23 Oct 2011, 17:13
Topic: Will they get rid of uplay?
Replies: 10
Views: 5391

Well to piggyback on your question, are all of the campaign scenarios fully playable while offline? I know there is added content if you play with a connection, but other than that can the game be played to completion? I will still not buy until the campaign editor is released but it would suck to ...
by Metathron
23 Oct 2011, 17:07
Topic: Town Portal
Replies: 11
Views: 7480

To teleport from town A to town B you need a basic town portal built in town A, but not in B. To teleport your hero back to your town, you need to have the Advanced town portal built, and you will teleport to this town, not a town of your choice. If you have constructed the advanced town portal in m...
by Metathron
23 Oct 2011, 16:39

Sanctuary campaign map 3. More "week of..." woes. There was a week of...something that I understood to mean +25% core creatures. That's great, I thought to myself only to realize that this meant 1/4 growth and, as is the case with other weeks, the effect continues on indefinitely. I'm play...
by Metathron
23 Oct 2011, 15:14

Yes, it's the same as in the first three games, the hero can act once per round whenever one of his creatures is up. Which is a pity, I found the Homm IV and V way more enjoyable than this demi-god approach.
by Metathron
23 Oct 2011, 11:36

IIRC, the Might Power & Defense combined contribute to the power of the heroic strike, i.e. a hero's physical attack.
by Metathron
23 Oct 2011, 00:50
Topic: The Sanctuary campaign loading screen
Replies: 12
Views: 7338

Yeah, a Kirin and Irina. I just completed the second mission, had to load several times to make different moves as the enemy heroes were pretty strong and aggressive. I'm playing on easy difficulty and it definitely doesn't feel like it. 8| A newcomer or less experienced player would definitely be p...
by Metathron
22 Oct 2011, 22:15

The battlefields of the two games seem about the same to me. It strikes me as very odd that none of the creatures I've controlled so far can cross the battlefield in one turn. As for spell power, I am far from certain but I think Magic Power is the same as the old spell power, so it directly increas...
by Metathron
22 Oct 2011, 14:26
Forum: Screenshots
Topic: The Dragonfarm
Replies: 4
Views: 2676

I remember looking at your website before and being impressed. Good job!
by Metathron
22 Oct 2011, 14:04
Topic: Official HoMM VI Reviews.
Replies: 78
Views: 33149

http://www.gamesradar.com/might-magic-heroes-vi-review/ 8/10
You'll love

Major improvements to a fantastic formula
Deep RPG mechanics
Engaging visuals and gorgeous sound design

You'll hate

Overly-familiar combat
Minor balance issues
Uneven voice acting and writing
by Metathron
21 Oct 2011, 13:37
Topic: Rank HoMM OSTs
Views: 8655

It was interesting to read your analysis as you placed it into a larger context. But what about HoMM2? It's really the adventure map themes that stand out the most, some examples: Snow theme: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iYotuxLcA5s Grass theme: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IJmggSHS1w4 Swamp the...
by Metathron
21 Oct 2011, 12:00
Topic: Official HoMM VI Reviews.
Replies: 78
Views: 33149

GameSpy review: http://pc.gamespy.com/pc/might-magic-heroes-vi/1210326p1.html 3/5 If I wasn't punched in the face by UPlay every time Heroes VI's engaging campaigns get rolling, I'd be in love. There's a great game hiding underneath the wet blanket of visual glitches and connectivity issues. Heroes ...
by Metathron
21 Oct 2011, 11:43
Topic: Rank HoMM OSTs
Views: 8655

1. H4 2. H2 3. H3 4. H5 5. H1 6. H6 H4 and 2 are pretty much tied for first place, as the music in both is just out-of-this world good. There is a substantial gap between them and the next contender (H3). The last three places are also a three-way tie, as each of those has at least a couple great tu...
by Metathron
21 Oct 2011, 00:35
Topic: Conflux and bandwidth
Replies: 3
Views: 2462

You can use the /offline command with the executable file.

Go to advanced search