Search found 63 matches

by RK
13 Feb 2006, 06:00
Forum: Heroes V-VI
Topic: Heroes V Impressions: Post yours here
Replies: 90
Views: 40963

it is a first impression after all. why whine about it so much? oh noooo this guy want H4 in this game. nooooo. it's his opinion. no need to nit pick to sound wiser. i don't see any qualification needed to make a first impression. i still see some reasonable changes he mused about. collecting windmi...
by RK
06 Feb 2006, 18:24
Topic: Simultaneous retal?
Replies: 91
Views: 28053

I just find 2 niggly things about the game now : no wait option and no simultaenous retaliation.

I don't mind the latter, I'm a big fan of rampart. LOL I just find it unfair. ;)
by RK
06 Feb 2006, 17:46
Topic: Simultaneous retal?
Replies: 91
Views: 28053

when u play a duel game and the black dragon gets to move first u basically are screwed. because it's BD hit stack. Stack retaliates at....30% strength? ... with simulatenous retaliation ,it's more fair since both collides head on at 100% strength. it's more fair this way for defense. else defense g...
by RK
06 Feb 2006, 16:57
Topic: Changes to make Heroes 5 buyable
Replies: 45
Views: 21835

......they just had to fix the battleground size. it's limiting strategy and made some big units undeployable.
by RK
06 Feb 2006, 04:07

lol @ the above poster. morrowind is 25% hmm tis is big...and...lots of....stuff.....75% ......ok...i'm bored what the hell am i supposed to do now. i'm not really ecstatic about oblivion, their focus seemed to go too much on graphics instead of gameplay. fix the swordplay dammit. i get bored of hav...
by RK
05 Feb 2006, 01:55
Forum: Heroes I-IV
Topic: H3: Logistic problems
Replies: 35
Views: 19464

i'm still curious how u would even try to raise 2nd hero to acceptable lvl. learning stones may be good for 1 - 2 lvls..but unless we're talking about chest of gold exp. ..then I don't see how, unless he rotates the stack clearing duties with the main hero.
by RK
04 Feb 2006, 10:30
Topic: Academy Artifact Forging
Replies: 10
Views: 7050

it is a viable strategy and i think it's intended to be so.
when u look at gargoyles 1-1 dmg even upg(!) u WILL have to boost him up in some way to make him useful. Else he'lll just end up being a flying brick wall.
by RK
04 Feb 2006, 10:28

Spot. On. Right now I feel ANY area of effect attacks are just too easily utilized due to the constrained nature of the environment. I can't justify having a stack of unicorns split into two when I can have 4 druids split into 1s doing respectable dmg from range with no retaliation. I simply have no...
by RK
03 Feb 2006, 18:49

lol it works when the opponent is not expecting it imo. when an army carries a slightly slow shooter but still moves 1.5 faster, then something is bound to be off. B-)
by RK
03 Feb 2006, 18:42
Topic: Heroes on battlefield
Replies: 109
Views: 37328

From the duel point of view, yes it is insane when u consider Lucky Casting changing the outcome of big battles hence I made that brainless pic of the day duel result by simply spamming armageddon over n over ^^ However, I think results will be different in actual build up play from early till late ...
by RK
03 Feb 2006, 15:21

another lame offensive / defensive tactic that my friend adopted is creating a bunch of caster heroes with high speed units as sacrificial stacks. they engage in combat. fire off the most destructive spell they can cast and then retreat. this will effective whittle down the opponent's strength, and ...
by RK
03 Feb 2006, 03:44
Topic: Necropolis: Can a Horde of Sucky Troops Do It?
Replies: 20
Views: 11746

Seems like there's a bug with the necromancy right now, too. I played a game against my husband who took necromancy. He was wiping up the 4-person map with just his stack of archers and a stack of 20 zombies. Now, the zombies never had to do -anything-. They were there "just in case". At ...
by RK
03 Feb 2006, 03:42
Topic: Heroes V skills/abilities
Replies: 25
Views: 12646

I dunno it just complicated matter too much for my liking. If you're unsure of something, might as well skip it. *is a lazy player* :baby: True, avenger ability sounds overly powerful. But there are factors such as random creature stacks that are hard to predict. :) Besides that I see no weaknesses ...
by RK
03 Feb 2006, 03:37
Topic: building up your town. a process longer than ever?
Replies: 18
Views: 9378

it's no biggy imo. the pacing is fine. unlike H3 where u rush for lvl 7 dwellling at the first week to get the double pop advantage by 2nd week's start.

:) I appreciate their effort to slow down the pace but wondered why the heck they made efforts to quicken the combat.
by RK
01 Feb 2006, 15:47

Sounds conservative ^^ I like the Lucky Explorer skill. It gives you gold and dozens of other resources bonus over the course of the game. Even chest of gold are affected. It might seem small and silly to have a main hero job to pick every loose resources, but with that skill I managed to scrounge u...
by RK
01 Feb 2006, 13:38
Topic: Heroes V Creature Size Mod *!here!*
Replies: 9
Views: 8624

I wish the resize the damn cerberi , those things are too freakin small for the punch it packs.
by RK
01 Feb 2006, 13:36
Topic: IMO : "No Waiting" for units?
Replies: 49
Views: 20224

Impression on Big Battles: Shooters , Fast ones can no longer save their shot for full dmg. Instead they have to take their shot whether they like it or not. And when prevented by a melee stack next to them, they cannot wait for a chance to shoot. First aid tents can't wait anymore. I had cases of t...
by RK
01 Feb 2006, 10:32
Topic: Silly names in HoMMV! ...and alternatives to them!
Replies: 312
Views: 70848

I'd like to add:
Hellsteed -> Nightmare
by RK
01 Feb 2006, 10:14

So what's everyone's favorite skill tree?
I'm going all the way to Luck with Preserve B-)
by RK
01 Feb 2006, 10:10
Topic: Heroes V Impressions: Post yours here
Replies: 90
Views: 40963

After playing hotseat mod extensively with Preserve, I noticed one thing. The strange power ratio of caster stacks which seemed to be more bang for buck if you split it into smaller sized stacks. My druids deal 50 ice bolt dmg per unit. This is amazing. Split them into stacks of 2s and have the rest...

Go to advanced search